Which ship is your favourite?

Which Thomson ship is your favourite  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Thomson ship is your favourite

Majesty gets our vote.

We really liked the Spirit but the food was dire !

I'm sure we were just unlucky as I've heard others say how good it is but the food on the Majesty in MDR was way ,way better than the Spirit in fact we preferred it to Royal Caribbean food and that was very good.

Liked the pools much more on Majesty too and just the feel of the ship.

Would happily book on either again ( providing food was ok on Spirit) but the Majesty would def be first choice.

Trying P&O next year so be nice to compare [emoji1][emoji1]

We are the same Jakanne. Would really like to go to the Fjords and North Cape. However at the moment I don't fancy the long journey south to get to them.:(

Also the F.O. cruises have a lot more sea days.

Julie let me see her FO Boudicca photos on FB and Boudicca looks a lot better than I thought she would in the public areas....rather like Spirit, but better. Might try the Baltic from Newcastle, about 29th August 15. It seems to be the only suitable one for us. Checking the FO site photos though, the regular cabins are very small, don't have a TV, fridge or tea/coffee facilities and cruises seem expensive though I haven't compared prices with others from South coast.

Yes, they do have a lot of sea days on this cruise and I do like hot weather on sea days. Not sure about the weather in the Baltic in September....it's a whole new area for me.

Brilliance is 90,000 tons Kruzseeka, the same size as Jewel of the Seas, that we went to the Baltic on, in 2009. Very nice ship and not too big. That was one RCI ship that we liked :)

Oh that's not bad then - we've been on 2/3 ships of that size and liked them. Not too big but with a significant amount of extra public space. Surprisingly although carrying more passengers they actually didn't appear to be so busy because there were more areas to spread. Were there other RCI ships you weren't so keen on?

Julie let me see her FO Boudicca photos on FB and Boudicca looks a lot better than I thought she would in the public areas....rather like Spirit, but better. Might try the Baltic from Newcastle, about 29th August 15. It seems to be the only suitable one for us. Checking the FO site photos though, the regular cabins are very small, don't have a TV, fridge or tea/coffee facilities and cruises seem expensive though I haven't compared prices with others from South coast.

Yes, they do have a lot of sea days on this cruise and I do like hot weather on sea days. Not sure about the weather in the Baltic in September....it's a whole new area for me.

Jackie

We had the most basic inside cabin & had TV, safe & tea & coffee facilities (kettle & everything we needed). There was plenty of storage space - wardrobes, drawers etc, hairdriers & lovely toiletries provided too.

Edited by Julessmiles

Jackie

We had the most basic inside cabin & had TV, safe & tea & coffee facilities (kettle & everything we needed). There was plenty of storage space - wardrobes, drawers etc, hairdriers & lovely toiletries provided too.

Thx Julie, I was just going from the description on their online site. They only mentioned TV and tea/coffee facilities in the more expensive cabins.

Just checked the web site and it doesn't mention a TV in the balcony cabin, but in the photo of the cabin there is a massive flat screen. Underselling themselves?

Edited by Jakanne1

Thx Julie, I was just going from the description on their online site. They only mentioned TV and tea/coffee facilities in the more expensive cabins.

Just checked the web site and it doesn't mention a TV in the balcony cabin, but in the photo of the cabin there is a massive flat screen. Underselling themselves?

Sounds like it!! :confused:

:D

Oh that's not bad then - we've been on 2/3 ships of that size and liked them. Not too big but with a significant amount of extra public space. Surprisingly although carrying more passengers they actually didn't appear to be so busy because there were more areas to spread. Were there other RCI ships you weren't so keen on?
We have only been on two. The other was IOTS and we found that was too big. It was rough weather and everyone was inside, so maybe that clouded our judgment, but it just seemed so crowded. Also , there was no late show and you were supposed to go to to the show before dinner if you were on second sitting.

The cabins were surprisingly small compared to the size of ship as of the middle of the ship was taken up with a huge shopping mall. We found that they definitely trying to extract as much much money as possible out of you, but that is the case on a lot of American ships.

On the plus side, we had lovely dinner companions, the food was good and the ice show was spectacular.

BTW Vera, this is the best ship to be on in bad weather. Things were sliding off the tables in the buffet, but I was OK!

I'm quite surprised the Celebration hasn't more votes; would have been our fav had we not had our first trip on the Dream this year!

Yes I am too Jules. I wonder how much the poll might be skewed though if some voters haven't been on some of the ships. In essence a vote is only really valid for drawing conclusions regarding the most popular by comparing them all if every voter has experience of all the ships. We haven't been on IE so in essence my vote automatically has eliminated one ship from the vote too.

It's just a bit of fun but we need to be aware of how much it's actually telling us. The IE has shot ahead overnight - looks like supporters have been rallied! ;):rolleyes:

OK Island Escape fans, you have had your fun!

I did debate about including her as she doesn't actually have the word 'Thomson' in her name or the Tui sign on her funnel.

I have heard from reliable sources that there is a campaign on fb to make Island Escape the winner :rolleyes: People are even signing in with temporary passwords - a bit pathetic don't you think?

I think if people have to go to those lengths, they must be very insecure :rolleyes: I know they have barred people from their fb boards for daring to write a bad review of the ship.

I don't think I would ever sail on her as she strikes me as a smaller, tattier version of OV2 which I disliked, and now I see what the people who go on her are like, I am sure I definitely wouldn't!

At the risk of descending to the level of the P&O boards, this will be my last comment on this thread. In future I shall think twice before setting up a poll, which is after all, only meant to be a bit of fun!

Thanks Linda for that info on bigger ships. Think like you I'd find that a bit too much but then again you never know. I'm a bit unsure of this next trip on a biggie (not sure how that compares with the one you did) but we shall see. It will be an experience anyway! :rolleyes:

12 so far Kruz Xx;)

Thanks for that insight Jules - I didn't know how to check since they're not posting on here to identify themselves (even under a nom de plume!) other than by voting. Well there you go then! Nevermind - we can se through it all. And it's hardly likely to change our minds about our favourites is it! :D

Linda.... you can still talk to us!!! ;)

(Although I take your point about future polls - if the results can be affected in this way it's all rather meaningless anyway. Shame really as sometimes it can be interesting and informative to get a feel of the perceptions of fellow CCers especially if people explain why they voted the way they did - and declare what their experience is of the other ships too as it lets you work out how that relates to how they cast their vote.)

Edited by kruzseeka