Which ship is your favourite?

Which Thomson ship is your favourite  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Thomson ship is your favourite

OK Island Escape fans, you have had your fun!

I did debate about including her as she doesn't actually have the word 'Thomson' in her name or the Tui sign on her funnel.

I have heard from reliable sources that there is a campaign on fb to make Island Escape the winner :rolleyes: People are even signing in with temporary passwords - a bit pathetic don't you think?

I think if people have to go to those lengths, they must be very insecure :rolleyes: I know they have barred people from their fb boards for daring to write a bad review of the ship.

I don't think I would ever sail on her as she strikes me as a smaller, tattier version of OV2 which I disliked, and now I see what the people who go on her are like, I am sure I definitely wouldn't!

At the risk of descending to the level of the P&O boards, this will be my last comment on this thread. In future I shall think twice before setting up a poll, which is after all, only meant to be a bit of fun!

what do you mean by what the people who go on her are like??

Thanks for that insight Jules - I didn't know how to check since they're not posting on here to identify themselves (even under a nom de plume!) other than by voting. Well there you go then! Nevermind - we can se through it all. And it's hardly likely to change our minds about our favourites is it! :D

Linda.... you can still talk to us!!! ;)

(Although I take your point about future polls - if the results can be affected in this way it's all rather meaningless anyway. Shame really as sometimes it can be interesting and informative to get a feel of the perceptions of fellow CCers especially if people explain why they voted the way they did - and declare what their experience is of the other ships too as it lets you work out how that relates to how they cast their vote.)

If you go on the poll Kruz - you can see who has voted for which ship ....

Please can you tell me if this poll was supposed to be a bit of fun, why are you all getting shirty and running down the Island Escape fans? I voted & posted - so did others, (not everyone posted, even for the other ships) so there's nothing suspicious about that. I admit the Island Escape is the only ship I've been on, so have nothing to compare her with, but nobody said that we had to have been on ALL the ships to vote? If that's the case then most of these votes (for ALL the ships) shouldn't count. I obviously voted for the one I know as my favourite, & I encouraged others to vote too, But I never told them to specifically vote for the I.E., just made people aware that the poll was there. Incidentally, nobody that voted for the Island Escape has made any nasty comments about any of the other ships in the fleet (of which the Island Escape IS a member, otherwise Thomson wouldn't include her as such) so why are you making a big thing out of the fact that a lot of people like her? It strikes me that it is you who are 'insecure' if you 'kick off' and start labelling people as a particular type that you wouldn't want to be near.

She may be a 'rust bucket', 'old lady', 'tatty', or even a 'converted ferry', or whatever, but she is MY favourite, & I'm no different to anybody else! :D

Never have I seen a poll with so many newcomers (First ever posters ) that

just all happened to join CC today just to vote for one ship.

Just saying like :rolleyes:

But then the poll was only a bit of fun , no probs :cool::cool::D whatever

I have no problem with people voting for their favourite ship, but it strikes me that if you have only been on one ship, you can't really call it your favourite can you?

The point I was trying to make is that many people were registering on here just to vote for the IE. I know because I saw the post that was put on fb to tell every one to vote. I can't see that you would be telling people to vote for any ship in an IE group

True I have not been on IE, so cannot compare with other Thomson ships, but one of the things which put me off is the fact there is no dining room. Although we like to use the buffet sometimes, I wouldn't be tempted by a ship where you have to pay to use the dining room. Hence my reference to Ocean Village 2.

Yes I am a snob then, if that is what you want to think, but I don't want to go to dinner and sit next to people in vests and shorts, which is what happened on OV2. If that is not the case on IE, then I apologise.

Incidentally, "Mrs Bob" I think another name would have been less obvious unless you are not really who you say you are :D:D

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Mrs Bob I have to agree with you! I have paid copious amounts of money to go into so called "posh" ships! One particular we couldn't stand a moment longer. We reverted back to Thomson's & although they aren't "posh" they contain the nicest people. The Island escape is made for (if we are labelling people) the funniest & sweetest & nicest of people! Ok each to their own but cruisin Linda it's not good to trod down on us "lowly folk" (tongue in cheek) viva the Island Escape, long live Thomson Cruises!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never have I seen a poll with so many newcomers (First ever posters ) that

just all happened to join CC today just to vote for one ship.

Just saying like :rolleyes:

But then the poll was only a bit of fun , no probs :cool::D whatever

Ha ha kalos :D:D Happy Christmas :D

Hi Linda, my name is Mrs Bob because my husband is called Bob. My picture is the same one I use on facebook, why wouldn't I be who I am lol?

I think this poll has caught everyone's attention whether it was meant to or not. We are not slobs or anything like that simply because we like eating in a relaxed atmosphere. I chose my cruise on the I.E because I don't have an endless bank account, I like to eat when I want to, not to be told when I can eat, or with whom. I found a facebook page dedicated to the ship after I had booked my cruise, & the people on there were really helpful to me with tips about what to expect so I felt at ease about going, where previously I was apprehensive. People love the ship, probably because she has so much character & is so much fun to be on. She has a great A.I drinks package & brilliant entertainment. You don't have to pay any 'extras' for anything, yet you still get everything you want. She is a budget cruise ship, & the people who sail on her are not expecting 5* anything. I have to know exactly where I stand with my money, so for me she is perfect. I respect your choice of cruise ship, please respect mine. :D

Ah sorry, just seen you live in Essex. I thought you were related to someone else :o

Yes you can choose which ship you go on and so can I,so we will agree to differ on that :D

Incidentally, someone said to me last night "I expect Thomson are cheap cruises" I put him right on that, in fact some of the so called "posher" lines are actually sometimes cheaper if you manage to book at the right time and bag a bargain.

BTW, if you want real snobbery, have a read of P&O boards :D:D

OMG I wish there was a like button on here. What a great way to spend a Sunday. I am with both sides on this as I have had a great time on all the ships I have been on so far. Only Celebration to go. I choose for itinerary and cost, and go with an open mind, and have enjoyed every cruise and ship so far.

My daughter & her partner recently went on the Indy. She said everyone at dinner was OK after a while.....except one lady, who it seemed wasn't satisfied with anything. Apparently, she embarrassed everyone at the table with the amount of complaints she made,& the way she spoke to the staff. Her husband eventually snapped at her, & she stormed off! He then appologised to everyone, saying that they got their money because they had won the lottery, he was an accountant (she had said in one of her complaints that she was going to sue them & that her husband was a lawyer!) & she worked in a shoe shop! Just goes to show you how some people can change. :D

I voted for the IE because none of the other ships appeal to me although I have not been on any like someone on here said they have not been on the IE but they know they wouldn't like it. We like buffet food and AI drinks and none of the other ships do AI unless you pay. Not much difference between Favourite Ship or most Popular Ship and that's why the IE has more votes it more Popular then any of the others

So let me get this right ! If you've just signed up to cruise critic your not allowed to vote? As this is what's indicated by Someone's post! So what you actually wanted from this poll was to have YOUR fav ship win! Yes someone on FB told us all about this poll and some signed up to vote! I'm sure the cruise critic page owners are really happy with the influx of new members! And yes this is for fun ... so why did you get the arse over the IE family joining and voting?

As you will see by my name I am an ex staff member on the IE but I'm also an ex member of staff from other ships too, when I finished working at sea I decided to go on a holiday on my fav ship I'd worked on .... And yes that was the island escape!

Hi Linda, my name is Mrs Bob because my husband is called Bob. My picture is the same one I use on facebook, why wouldn't I be who I am lol?

I think this poll has caught everyone's attention whether it was meant to or not. We are not slobs or anything like that simply because we like eating in a relaxed atmosphere. I chose my cruise on the I.E because I don't have an endless bank account, I like to eat when I want to, not to be told when I can eat, or with whom. I found a facebook page dedicated to the ship after I had booked my cruise, & the people on there were really helpful to me with tips about what to expect so I felt at ease about going, where previously I was apprehensive. People love the ship, probably because she has so much character & is so much fun to be on. She has a great A.I drinks package & brilliant entertainment. You don't have to pay any 'extras' for anything, yet you still get everything you want. She is a budget cruise ship, & the people who sail on her are not expecting 5* anything. I have to know exactly where I stand with my money, so for me she is perfect. I respect your choice of cruise ship, please respect mine. :D

Hi Mrs Bob- I, for one, have found it interesting to read about the Island Escape- thank you. We once booked to go on it but I got cold feet and changed to the Spirit. But now I'm wondering whether to give it a try.

We have been on many Thomson cruises and always book well in advance to get the 'free all inclusive' which early bookers get. But now there are more and more supplements for certain drinks so we tend to stick to lager or whisky so as not to end up with a bar bill at the end of the cruise! Can you tell me if there are any supplements for certain drinks on the Island Escape?

Flopsy

Sorry to but in Flopsy, but we enjoyed our drinks on Island Escape without paying any supplements. We started asking for my Vodka and Pineapple and Ray's Whisky and Ginger 50/50, and they were coming in half pint glasses. I believe they do a premium supplement that can be paid when you go on board, but we didn't have that. Someone who is a regular can probably answer that one. We loved IE when we went October 13.

well i've gone for the dream (of course i would) ... but its for the itineraries mainly... i really like celebration too:cool:

i have been on all the ships....admitedly i havnt been on the ie since it was taken over by thomsons, back in the island days it was a great ship but if I had to chose back then i would have gone for the old island star (that will always be my favorite with the destiny a close 2nd)

well... lots of fb'ers coming in to vote also ...perhaps you will stay and add your reviews to this site too?? (would like to hear all about ie now that its sailing under thomsons ...and how things may have changed since the demise of island cruises)

I only wish i could have voted for the Destiny. Why? because i could book any normal grade cabin I wanted and was not consigned to the 'ghettos' that Celebration and Spirit have. I also liked the fixed dining times. Dream is somewhat better if you book a forward cabin but the bars are pathetic. Majesty is best if you book an inside cabin and Escape is not a Thomsons ship!

What, not a Thomsons ship :eek:

No, it is run by Thomsons as a 'seperate' brand and even has its own forum here at CC. As such maybe there would have been less confusion if it had not been included in the poll.

Would i cruise on Escape? probably not as the single cabins look in dodgy locations and the reviews I have read about them are suggestive of noisey.

Hi Flopsy. We went on the IE for the 3rd time in September. Myself my husband, daughter & granddaughter shared a cabin. We had to upgrade to the premium drinks package as my daughter drinks cider & that wasn't included. The only downside to this was, as we were all sharing a cabin all 4 of us had to upgrade. You couldn't just upgrade my daughter (so 1child 3 adults) I suppose it's so that people don't misuse the cards. I like the odd Baileys which wasn't included in the AI and my husband does like a change from lager to cider as well. Plus all the special coffees are free too. I think it cost around £200 for all of us for the week as was much cheaper than a bill at the end as individual premium drinks are quite expensive xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk