Current reviews of Blue Hole tours requested please

heavenlysea

Hi Heavenlysea, I'm in the same boat as you! We were there last week and the beautiful scenery alone was worth the trip. Some of the jumps are lower heights, especially the rope swing. They are doable as long as you can swim. The guides will be by your side to encourage and assist you. Jumping into the pools is a lifetime memory.

We went to the Blue Hole on the 14th Nov this year.

I would say it was are favourite excursion of are entire cruise in the Caribbean.

It is a very lumpy bumpy road up to the Blue Hole but once there we were introduced to our guides Robert & Daniel.

They were absolutely brilliant and took very good care of us, they are also very good with cameras not only looking after them but taking really good shots of us at the same time.

We are in are mid fifties and with are guides giving us advice were able to do all the jumps and the rope swing without too much difficulty.

We found it much easier than the Dunns River falls climb and I would say its worth going even if you don't want to jump or swim, the guides will put on a show for you anyway, it really is a beautiful place to see.

My wife and I did this and LOVED it. I found a fantastic tour company thru many positive reviews on these forums and trip advisor. Happy to say we made a wise choice by going to the Blue Hole. It was not crowded, very peaceful and beautiful. Never saw anything like this before. It truly is a hidden GEM, just as the reviews have said. The guides are there to help you, as much as you need, have no fear. Plan to return again this summer. We used this company: www.libertytoursjamaica.com

and it was the best decision we made. Prompt, courteous service, enjoyable ride from Falmouth to Ocho Rio's with highlights of island pointed out. Stopped for some jerk chicken after the Blue Hole. Excellent choice as well!

We just went to the blue hole. It was awesome. There is some climbing involved you need to be able to go up and down steps and i would recommend doing only the jumps you are comfortable with. It is defintely worth a visit, the guides are very good. I didnt do all the jumps, but my teenagers did. I still had lots of fun and felt like i got plenty of excitement. If you go i highly recommend know jamaica tours. Marva is the owner. This is a great local company, very reputable, reasonably priced and well run. I have used them twice and been very happy both times.

Absolutely don't miss it! Whether you jump or not doesn't matter, you'll love the beauty and serenity of the place. Like everyone else says, the guides there are great. Be sure to take your water shoes; it's not slippery but they worry about our "tender" feet. There is a $15 entrance fee plus you'll want to tip your guide.

We used Errol Bowen from Travel Jamaica Tours http://www.traveljamaicatours.com and our day was absolutely perfect! Besides the Blue Hole, he showed us and told us so much that we really feel like we got to know the area and it's people in the short time we were there. We just told him the kinds of things we were interested and he took care of the rest. Beautiful area, beautiful people and lots of fun! Errol is reasonable, honest and reliable and has many repeat customers. You can reach him at errol@traveljamaicatours.com; just email him and he will answer any questions you have. He is highly rated on Trip Advisor as well.

You just need to be a little adventuresome. Jumps into the water start at about 3 ft above the water, and the last one I did was about 25 ft. You need water shoes, and if you don't have them, you can rent them near the entrance to the Blue Hole for $6. I believe a new pair was $14. After the Blue Hole, we went to Scotchie's. This is the drink menu...

28mcqav.jpg

I ordered the pork sausage. It was very spicy. Taste was okay, nothing special...

2im3xk.jpg

Wife got the 1/4 Jerk Chicken. It was very good....

2u9hhj6.jpg

The festival bread was okay. Went well with the chicken.....

15hctns.jpg

Finished with the rice & beans (a little dry)....

2rppwgl.jpg

For the food shown above, and 2 cokes, the total was $14

This is where we sat at Scotchie's....

11shtnd.jpg

Smoking the meats, and chopping some chicken at Scotchie's....

1441bh1.jpg

Went by Mick Jagger's house, and then by Jimmy Buffet's house, and then to the beach (Mammee Bay). We stayed there about 1 1/2 hours. This beach was only for private tour groups, and the people staying at the condos there, so no one hassled us, or tried to sell us anything....

10453eb.jpg

There were bathrooms, and a bar there. Water was so clear, and you could see the cruise ship at Ocho Rios from the beach.....

20kdc3s.jpg

Our driver, David, did a great job. Courtney Taylor can customize your tour. I would definitely use them again.....

5ff9xc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I did this and LOVED it. I found a fantastic tour company thru many positive reviews on these forums and trip advisor. Happy to say we made a wise choice by going to the Blue Hole. It was not crowded, very peaceful and beautiful. Never saw anything like this before. It truly is a hidden GEM, just as the reviews have said. The guides are there to help you, as much as you need, have no fear. Plan to return again this summer. We used this company: www.libertytoursjamaica.com

and it was the best decision we made. Prompt, courteous service, enjoyable ride from Falmouth to Ocho Rio's with highlights of island pointed out. Stopped for some jerk chicken after the Blue Hole. Excellent choice as well!

How much did your tour to the Blue Hole cost? I couldn't find a price list on the tour company's website. Thanks!

We just got back from our cruise last week (on Oasis). We used http://www.greatvibestour.com - Donovan was awesome from reservation to the time he met us at Falmouth. He was in constant contact with us and his follow through was awesome!

We paid $45pp for the driver and transportation for all day...then $20 to Blue Hole for entrance free. Best $65 we spent...Blue hole was amazing! My DH hurt his foot on the first night of the cruise so he paid $65 to take pictures of us :-)

Our tour guide was awesome! Tell Donavan that Jenne and Michael from Texas said hi! We like supporting local start up business so we decided to go with greatvibestour.com. Donavan we can tell from his driving and pre-work that safety is #1 for him. This was our 5th time to Jamaica via cruise ship. However, this was the first and only time a tour operator asked us for our cabin information so he can give it to the Port Authority so they have record of us going with the tour operation!!! That gave us reassurance.

I forgot to mention that the jumps vary in heights. Two were scary for me. I wanted to jump to say that i did it, but wouldn't do it again. I do not like heights. But I did all the other jumps and had a blast. The tour guides at Blue Hole (different from your transportation guides) were born and raised at/near the Blue Hole and know it very well. They told us where to put our foot as we climbed up and down. If you do not feel comfy with a jump, then they will show you a way to walk aruond it.

One of the best excursions we did! It was not crowded like Dunns River. I think there were about 30-40 people (including the 9 from our group) during the time we were there.

Hope that helps.

Absolutely don't miss it! Whether you jump or not doesn't matter, you'll love the beauty and serenity of the place. Like everyone else says, the guides there are great. Be sure to take your water shoes; it's not slippery but they worry about our "tender" feet. There is a $15 entrance fee plus you'll want to tip your guide.

We used Errol Bowen from Travel Jamaica Tours http://www.traveljamaicatours.com and our day was absolutely perfect! Besides the Blue Hole, he showed us and told us so much that we really feel like we got to know the area and it's people in the short time we were there. We just told him the kinds of things we were interested and he took care of the rest. Beautiful area, beautiful people and lots of fun! Errol is reasonable, honest and reliable and has many repeat customers. You can reach him at errol@traveljamaicatours.com; just email him and he will answer any questions you have. He is highly rated on Trip Advisor as well.

Hi Pompeii - When did you go to the Blue Hole? We paid $20 last week. I noticed your posting is $15.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned the guides taking care of your camera. Did you bring a non-waterproof camera? Or would you recommend only bringing one that could get wet? If you had a camera that couldn't get wet would you feel safe leaving it in the van while you were at the Blue Hole?

We plan to do this on our cruise in February, combined with river tubing. It sounds like a great day!

Who are you booking with Sheldil? This is what we are looking at for May from Falmouth.

We plan to book with Liberty Tours. I haven't confirmed yet, but I've spoken to Ricardo and it sounds like what we'd like to do. I sent him an inquiry from his website and he called me the next day to go over our options. He followed up right away with an email outlining the itinerary. I just have to confirm with him. I really like the way he does business so far and his reviews are great!

Someone mentioned the guides taking care of your camera. Did you bring a non-waterproof camera? Or would you recommend only bringing one that could get wet? If you had a camera that couldn't get wet would you feel safe leaving it in the van while you were at the Blue Hole?

We plan to do this on our cruise in February, combined with river tubing. It sounds like a great day!

We had both types of camera with us. When you jump into the water the guides will hold your camera, take pictures and bring the camera to you. The guides at the Blue Hole are FANTASTIC and UNBELIEVABLE in the stunts they do!

If you have a non-waterproof camera like my cousin did - and his is about 5 yeras old, you will be fine. The only camera we jumped into the water with was our GoPro.

Do not leave the camera in the van. You will want to take pictures of teh beautiful place.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Bigjon for the pictures. That helps.

How difficult is it to get out of the water at the various ponds? Is it like getting out of a pool or can you walk out?

I only remember one spot that was difficult to get out of, and that was near the big waterfall. The rest of the areas were very easy to navigate. There was another place near the rope swing, and they had a wooden ladder to get out of the water. At the top of the ladder was a "cave", and you had to bend down, or you would hit your head on the rock ceiling above.....jonathan

Thanks Bigjon for the pictures. That helps.

How difficult is it to get out of the water at the various ponds? Is it like getting out of a pool or can you walk out?

Ditto BigJon's response. You jump into the ponds, swim to the edges. Some are like swimming pools and you have to climb out - not difficult. Some you swim to the edge where the water level is low and you walk out.

The big waterfall towards the end - I will be honest was scary. The climb down the rock was slippery, but the guides were great in helping navigate the steps and kept you safe. Now I can cross it off my list and do not plan go down that rock again. :-)

cave - you climb backwards and slither your way through a hole, where it drops you into a pond and you swim out.

The guides at the Blue Hole are FANTASTIC and UNBELIEVABLE in the stunts they do!

They really are amazing all around. One of our participants lost her sunglasses in the water and a guide dove in and found them for her.

They really are amazing all around. One of our participants lost her sunglasses in the water and a guide dove in and found them for her.

Awesome!!! That's cool you put this post so others can see the extent the guides do for us out there. They deserved every dollar of the tip. We tipped generously - one of the guides carried our GoPro with him as he did some of his stunts.....we got cool videos.

Ditto BigJon's response. You jump into the ponds, swim to the edges. Some are like swimming pools and you have to climb out - not difficult. Some you swim to the edge where the water level is low and you walk out.

The big waterfall towards the end - I will be honest was scary. The climb down the rock was slippery, but the guides were great in helping navigate the steps and kept you safe. Now I can cross it off my list and do not plan go down that rock again. :-)

cave - you climb backwards and slither your way through a hole, where it drops you into a pond and you swim out.

I am claustrophobic and the phrases climb backward, slither into a hole and drop into a pond have me rethinking the Blue Hole. It doesn't sound so cool now!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used Errol Bowen from Travel Jamaica Tours www.traveljamaicatours.com and our day was absolutely perfect! Besides the Blue Hole, he showed us and told us so much that we really feel like we got to know the area and it's people in the short time we were there. We just told him the kinds of things we were interested and he took care of the rest. Beautiful area, beautiful people and lots of fun! Errol is reasonable, honest and reliable and has many repeat customers. You can reach him at errol@traveljamaicatours.com; just email him and he will answer any questions you have. He is highly rated on Trip Advisor as well.

Pompeii -

What other things did you do besides the blue hole? Husband is avid photographer and is looking for scenic beauty to capture. We are in contact with errol now. Did you port in Falmouth? Any info appreciated.

We used Liberty Tours Jamaica for a tour to the Irie Blue Hole, and it was the highlight of the cruise! Everything from the reservations with Ricardo to the actual tour with Demar was top notch. I would highly recommend Liberty Tours Jamaica.