Current reviews of Blue Hole tours requested please

heavenlysea

Hey all,

do you guys know how long the drive was from Falmouth to Blue Hole? I know it is farther than Dunn's River Falls (Which we have done and it gets to be a ZOO the later you get there). Also, anyone do Blue Hole AND river tubing? we went tubing after the falls last time and that is the one thing EVERYONE wants to go back and do this trip.

I have reached out to a few different tour guides (we used Peat Taylor last time) but know there seem to be A LOT more guides now! YIKES.

I want to make sure we find one that has an air conditioned van and one that doesn't take like 30 people at a time. any suggestions?

We used Libertytoursjamaica. They will do a combo to the Blue Hole and tubing if you want. The ride to the Blue Hole is about an hour. Its not far from Dunns, but if you are in a smaller van and not a bus, it won't take as long!

We had Ricardo as our driver. Send him and inquiry what your expectations are and hopefully he can accommodate your group. We were very pleased with his services. I would hope ALL vans in Jamaica are air conditioned!!

We were quoted $200 for 2 which includes transportation from Montego Bay, entry and lunch. His pricing seems all over the place.

From what Liberty Told me when I was setting up our tour, they do private tours and group tours. The rate will be higher for private tours. If you do a group tour the price would be lower. I can suggest you join your roll call on cruise critic and ask if anyone would like to join you to keep your price low. We did this and it worked out great. Also keep in mind that Montego Bay is 63 miles one way to Ocho Rios. That is a big expense for the tour companies, esp since their prices are higher than what we pay in the states. Also the owners of the Blue Hole regulate the admission cost there and the tour companies

don't have a say so. I would use Liberty again in a heartbeat. (In fact we are this summer) They are honest and genuine people. Think of what the ship tours cost! They are 3x more. I refuse to do ship tours!

Our group also has used Liberty Tours Jamaica and am planning another tour with them very soon. They are worth EVERY penny, just to get away from the ship crowd known as the cattle call, be able to experience The Blue Hole that is

unspoiled, peaceful, yet thrilling, breathtaking, with beautiful turquoise water.

You won't get the personalized service on a ship tour (btw the ship doesn't have a tour to the Blue Hole) you will get from Liberty Tours. That alone is worth the cost. I look at it this way, I have spent 3K on a cruise, its worth the peace of mind to pay for a private company to cater to ME for the day!

Enjoy this video posted on Liberty's website, if you haven't seen it already.

This is where we sat at Scotchie's....

11shtnd.jpg

Smoking the meats, and chopping some chicken at Scotchie's....

1441bh1.jpg

Went by Mick Jagger's house, and then by Jimmy Buffet's house, and then to the beach (Mammee Bay). We stayed there about 1 1/2 hours. This beach was only for private tour groups, and the people staying at the condos there, so no one hassled us, or tried to sell us anything....

10453eb.jpg

There were bathrooms, and a bar there. Water was so clear, and you could see the cruise ship at Ocho Rios from the beach.....

20kdc3s.jpg

Our driver, David, did a great job. Courtney Taylor can customize your tour. I would definitely use them again.....

5ff9xc.jpg

Hi , Did you say what the tour was , I would like to also go to the beach after the blue hole. I did not notice that the other tours mentioned going to the beach.Thanks Di :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. Just back from our cruise and our tour with Ricardo and Liberty Tours.

Just like the reviews say, one of the best we've been on. $75 pp from Falmouth and that was all inclusive including lunch.

This was my 25th cruise and we rarely take anything but indy excursions with outfits like Liberty Tours.

You've seen the videos of the Blue Hole on YouTube so I want post ours. But I will show you how to find Liberty Tours from the Falmouth, Jamaica port.

Here:

It was easy to find as long as you stayed to the right exiting the port facility.

It was about an hour and a half drive up to the BH so we made a pit stop for beer and Jamaica patties. Ricardo was entertaining and full of Jamaican info that made the trip up seem fast.

Once we arrived Ricardo stayed with the van and we left ALL of our belongings there with him.

We stayed about and hour or so, tipped our guides $10 per couple and then headed back towards Ocho Rios and lunch at Scotchies. Lunch was jerk chicken, two sides and a Red Stripe for me. They have a bar there if you want more beer. But our first one was included in the lunch.

We made it back to the ship with plenty of time for shopping in the port facility. I wanted to venture outside but a few too many Red Stripes in me and I decided I'd had enough adventure for the day.

Hey mdrobtx!

Thanks for posting about Liberty Tours. Do you have any video of Blue Hole? We are booked out of Ocho Rios.

Also on another note, how do you have your photos rotate in your signature? I want to do that :)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by momonthego17

Hey mdrobtx!

Thanks for posting about Liberty Tours. Do you have any video of Blue Hole? We are booked out of Ocho Rios.

Also on another note, how do you have your photos rotate in your signature? I want to do that :)

Thanks in advance!

I have a video but I can't seem to post it. If you go to youtube there are several

If you Google "Blue Hole Jamaica" you'll find plenty of videos on it. I haven't got my actual videos loaded yet to youtube because I'm busy working to create our personal vacation video.

Ok. To get pics to rotate is called a gif. Google this for more info. So...you have to create a gif. I upload the pics I want to use to a gif maker site like gifmaker.me Set the canvas size to 224X168 for it to be able to use on cruisecritic. Upload your newly created gif to your computer. Then you have to upload the file on your computer to something like Photobucket. Then use the "direct link" code to post to cruisecritic like other photos posted to CC.

Yeah, it's a lot. And I failed several times before I got it right. Anyone with more correct technical verbiage, please feel free to help. Good luck.

Edited by mdrobtx

I have a video but I can't seem to post it. If you go to youtube there are several

Unless CC has changed, you can't load a video directly to here. You must upload it first to something like Youtube or Vimeo and then use the URL from there to upload to here.

If you Google "Blue Hole Jamaica" you'll find plenty of videos on it. I haven't got my actual videos loaded yet to youtube because I'm busy working to create our personal vacation video.

Ok. To get pics to rotate is called a gif. Google this for more info. So...you have to create a gif. I upload the pics I want to use to a gif maker site like gifmaker.me Set the canvas size to 224X168 for it to be able to use on cruisecritic. Upload your newly created gif to your computer. Then you have to upload the file on your computer to something like Photobucket. Then use the "direct link" code to post to cruisecritic like other photos posted to CC.

Yeah, it's a lot. And I failed several times before I got it right. Anyone with more correct technical verbiage, please feel free to help. Good luck.

You are da' man! Thank you for your detailed response. My pics are rotating like crazy. Yay!!:D

I am also doing the Blue Hole excursion with Liberty Tours. This will be my first indy excursion without the cruise line price gouging me. Did anyone have trouble locating them at the port to start your tour? The meeting instructions are detailed, but sound like maybe it can be a little difficult?

I am also doing the Blue Hole excursion with Liberty Tours. This will be my first indy excursion without the cruise line price gouging me. Did anyone have trouble locating them at the port to start your tour? The meeting instructions are detailed, but sound like maybe it can be a little difficult?

It's not difficult at all. As soon as you get off the ship you'll see that there is really only one way to walk. You follow the crowd. A port staff will be there with a vest and walkie talkie and will ask you if you have a tour. They will ask to see your paperwork so print you confirmation email and bring it. You will wait in a crowd of people there and they will call the driver in to get you. When the driver is in and ready they'll yell out "Liberty Tours" and you go through the gate. When you're there you'll see that it's really obvious and almost impossible to miss.

Read and view 8 or 9 posts above yours. I posted several videos on how to find them if you are arriving at Falmouth.

You didn't say which port you're at?

Liberty Tours provide tours at more than one Jamaican port of call.

Edited by mdrobtx

I'm currently corresponding with Ricardo at Liberty Tours. I am arriving in Falmouth.

Ricardo quoted me $340 per person (party of four) for Blue Hole and tubing on White River. The quote includes entrance fees at both places. We also will stop at Scotches for lunch, price not included.

I realize every package is different and I'm coming from Falmouth rather than OR, but $340 pp seems pretty high compared to what I've seen others post on these boards.