Current reviews of Blue Hole tours requested please

heavenlysea

I'm currently corresponding with Ricardo at Liberty Tours. I am arriving in Falmouth.

Ricardo quoted me $340 per person (party of four) for Blue Hole and tubing on White River. The quote includes entrance fees at both places. We also will stop at Scotches for lunch, price not included.

I realize every package is different and I'm coming from Falmouth rather than OR, but $340 pp seems pretty high compared to what I've seen others post on these boards.

In talking to Ricardo, the entrance fee for the river tubing is $40, entry to Blue hole is anywhere from $10 to $20 depending on who was the tour company and when, plus lunch.

Driving from Falmouth, might makeup the distance charge of $10 vs. Mo Bay or Ochio Rios. If you get more people to join your little group, maybe he can discount for all of you.

The Blue Hole cost was $10/person.

We had an outstanding private driver (Big Errol, the owner's cousin) for the day at $29/person. There were three of us and we were picked up at 8:30 from Ocho Rios and dropped off again around 3:00. We went to Blue Hole first and spent the rest of the time driving around the island and learning things from Errol.

We had lunch at Scotchie's. The price was not included in the day, but the total was $32 for the four of us. We had lots of food and a bonus of not having to wait in line -- Big Errol got us table service.

What I liked the most about this company is we weren't forced into a larger group. Plus, they listened to what we wanted to do. We were really impressed and won't bother looking at any other company when we return to Jamaica.

In addition, Big Errol made sure he got us a particular guide at Blue Hole -- one he worked with before and knew that he would be good with us. While all of the guides were outstanding, we felt exceptionally safe with ours.

In talking to Ricardo, the entrance fee for the river tubing is $40, entry to Blue hole is anywhere from $10 to $20 depending on who was the tour company and when, plus lunch.

Driving from Falmouth, might makeup the distance charge of $10 vs. Mo Bay or Ochio Rios. If you get more people to join your little group, maybe he can discount for all of you.

Was just at Blue Hole and paid $10. I mentioned that some people here stated they paid $20 and was told that those people are getting ripped off by someone as it is definitely $10.

Was just at Blue Hole and paid $10. I mentioned that some people here stated they paid $20 and was told that those people are getting ripped off by someone as it is definitely $10.

Carl is correct. The reviews I had read were from both Ocho Rios and Mo Bay. Some tours included the Blue Hole and River Tubing; some did not. Obviously the distance one has to travel would make for the difference in travel cost and a different fee. Liberty Tours is reputable and charges only what their destination site like Blue Hole and river tubing vendors request. Vendors, Equipment and the distance from each port of call plus group size can vary thus charges for what seems like the same adventure may be slightly different.

Do you have to know how to swim to Enjoy Blue Hole? Can you enjoy and play in the water? Could a parent (that can swim- different from the parent that can't swim) handle a 2 year old in the water? Basically a party of 8 going, but a few can't swim. Should we pick something else?

Do you have to know how to swim to Enjoy Blue Hole? Can you enjoy and play in the water? Could a parent (that can swim- different from the parent that can't swim) handle a 2 year old in the water? Basically a party of 8 going, but a few can't swim. Should we pick something else?

I'd say you have to know how to swim to fully enjoy it. That and the climbing can get a little treacherous. Not because of the height but because of the difficult rocky terrain.

I wouldn't recommend taking a 2 year old.

Just my opinion and others may say different.

I'd say you have to know how to swim to fully enjoy it. That and the climbing can get a little treacherous. Not because of the height but because of the difficult rocky terrain.

I wouldn't recommend taking a 2 year old.

Just my opinion and others may say different.

Not really what I wanted to hear...but I think you're right. I'll keep it safe... Any suggestions other than Dr. Cave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The guides at the Blue Hole take the best care of their guest so we find them to be pretty safe. You don't have to know how to swim...

The blue hole really isn't just a swimming area. There is a lot of walking over rocks and through the creek beds. It isn't really just a matter of hanging out with your 2 year old in the water while others are swimming and doing the tour. You're constantly moving along the river.

I have a detailed review of our day at the Blue Hole here in my trip review if you'd like to get an idea of what's all involved. I was actually surprised at just how much we did. I thought we'd just go to the area you always see pictured, jump off some cliffs and hang out in the area by the falls. That's not really the case. There were a couple in our group who didn't swim, but they were adults and able to walk along on their own.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2179405&page=7

If you have any questions, let me know. I think for me, I'd skip this excursion with a 2 year old. It just really wouldn't be fun for you or your child and it may take the guides attention from helping the others in the group when they need help. They really are helping everyone all the time. I'm not even sure how they managed to be everywhere at one time!

From the several of you who have been on these tours... Help please!!

So we have booked a private tour in Jamaica for our family of four.

The tour guide let me know that we are in for a "special trip" because that day is also his birthday!

I was thinking of bringing him a little something for a birthday gift. Any suggestions?

I know I cannot bring food or drink off the ship, so that sort of limits it… But anybody who has been to the islands know what they may like?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just realized that I never came back to post about my Blue Hole experience. This was, by far, the best excursion we have ever done. We used Marvyn's paradise tours. Our guide was Warren and he was amazing. We locked everything in his car, including our dslr camera and cash and he was 100% trustworthy. Blue Hole was so beautiful and unlike anything else we have ever done. After Blue Hole Warren took us to Bamboo Beach for a while and we were able to relax and get some sun. Marvyn was there with his tour and checked in with us to make sure we were enjoying our day. After Bamboo Beach Warren offered to take us to Scotchies for lunch, but the kids were getting tired so he took us to a safe and secure store for souvenir shopping. He then brought us back, safe and sound, to the port. Marvyn called Warren and asked to speak to us to make sure we were happy with our excursion. If we ever return to Jamaica, I will be calling Marvyn.

I just realized that I never came back to post about my Blue Hole experience. This was, by far, the best excursion we have ever done. We used Marvyn's paradise tours. Our guide was Warren and he was amazing. We locked everything in his car, including our dslr camera and cash and he was 100% trustworthy. Blue Hole was so beautiful and unlike anything else we have ever done. After Blue Hole Warren took us to Bamboo Beach for a while and we were able to relax and get some sun. Marvyn was there with his tour and checked in with us to make sure we were enjoying our day. After Bamboo Beach Warren offered to take us to Scotchies for lunch, but the kids were getting tired so he took us to a safe and secure store for souvenir shopping. He then brought us back, safe and sound, to the port. Marvyn called Warren and asked to speak to us to make sure we were happy with our excursion. If we ever return to Jamaica, I will be calling Marvyn.

Thanks so much for this review. My wife and I are booked with Marvyn on May 20th (our 20th Anniversary) and we are really looking forward to it.

Thanks so much for this review. My wife and I are booked with Marvyn on May 20th (our 20th Anniversary) and we are really looking forward to it.

Enjoy. I hope you get Warren. He was really great and trustworthy.