Cabin Above Princess Live?

TucsonRick

I don't think that there are any cabins right above the Princess Live area.
Only two cabins above Princess Live (E518-520) as it's an interior lounge. Even though entertainers use a mic, sound isn't as amplified as it is elsewhere plus it is directed towards the back of Live, not towards the sides. Nothing after 11am. I wouldn't worry.

Only two cabins above Princess Live (E518-520) as it's an interior lounge. Even though entertainers use a mic, sound isn't as amplified as it is elsewhere plus it is directed towards the back of Live, not towards the sides. Nothing after 11am. I wouldn't worry.

I must disagree with my friend Pam; the frequencies most likely to be heard above a venue are the low frequencies, i.e. the bass and bass drum, and they don't have to be loud or directional to cause sympathetic vibrations in the walls and ceiling. Not all the activities in Princess Live involve music but many do. With so many other cabin locations available I say why take the chance.

I must disagree with my friend Pam; the frequencies most likely to be heard above a venue are the low frequencies, i.e. the bass and bass drum, and they don't have to be loud or directional to cause sympathetic vibrations in the walls and ceiling. Not all the activities in Princess Live involve music but many do. With so many other cabin locations available I say why take the chance.
I don't remember any bands playing in Princess Live. If there was music, it was a singer accompanied by a piano. Most nights was an entertainer or game show. That's why I said what I did about Princess Live: unlikely there would be a bass or bass drum. :)

I was on the Royal and I would not accept a cabin above Princess Live. During daytime there are activities, such as talks, trivia and Zumba which has that loud bass beat. In the evening there are game shows, night time trivia games, and late night karaoke which can go on to around 11:30pm. Some sound will carry, especially the low frequency sounds.

Pam, when I was on in April there were two nights when there was a singer backed by piano, bass, and drums. They normally performed in the Piazza but did two shows in Princess Live that were videotaped. It was great; I wasn't more than 10 feet from the musicians.

Forgot to mention, bands actually do play in Princess Live. When we where on board there was a jazz session by the Princess Orchestra; a 50's music concert by a quartet with piano, sax, bass & drums; a concert by the lead singer from the band called Score; a concert by one of the lead singers from the production show, and a string quartet concert. All of these were mid evening.