Fuel Surcharge Question

Benjo8

We are booked for a late February cruise on Summit. When we put deposit down in August listing of charges included fuel surcharge. Celebrity invoice states they reserve right to charge fuel surcharge if price of West Texas Crude, etc. hits $90. Well, as of yesterday it was around 66 bucks and not headed back to surcharge territory any time soon. I assume I will not/should not be charged fuel surcharge and I will make sure my TA gets that taken off. Anyone have an experience to share about what should now be the disappearing fuel surcharge?

We are booked for a late February cruise on Summit. When we put deposit down in August listing of charges included fuel surcharge. Celebrity invoice states they reserve right to charge fuel surcharge if price of West Texas Crude, etc. hits $90. Well, as of yesterday it was around 66 bucks and not headed back to surcharge territory any time soon. I assume I will not/should not be charged fuel surcharge and I will make sure my TA gets that taken off. Anyone have an experience to share about what should now be the disappearing fuel surcharge?

Many past threads detailing the history of the surcharge. Long story short is that the statement is only a legal requirement and no surcharge has been imposed since it was added. You will not receive a reduction in price due to the drop in oil. Celebrity however will add to the bottom line by paying less for fuel and the stock market has recognized this in the last few sessions.