I cancelled my drink package after two days

montlee

Not sure what the attraction of "fresh-squeezed" oj is...pulp, and seeds...not my cup of tea! The OJ I buy is made from "concentrate"...it's always good, sweet, and pulp-free! Perfect!

I bet the stuff they pass off as regular OJ on the ship tatsesis nothing like the concentrate that you buy or any other OJ that I have ever tasted for that matter. Maybe that is the attraction to the fresh squeezed OJ.:rolleyes:

The juices at the Vitality Spa are not included in the RR package. I suppose if they make just the orange-only juice it might be...but not the mixed juices. I would have loved it if they were.

My only gripe with the freshly squeezed oj is that it's warm. It makes sense because the oranges are at room temperature....but I don't like ice cubes in my oj. One time, I took the glass full of juice to my cabin and put it in the fridge...and enjoyed a 'cold' oj later in the day!!

Joyce :D

The OJ in the Vitality Spa is included. You are right that none of the others are.

Just came off Oasis on Saturday. No drink of the day anymore. This was one of my favorite things on my last cruise, I was greatly disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder with the increased usage/purchases of the unlimited drink packages if there were a lot of complaints of the DOD's that were pre-made in the souvenir glasses? I could imagine some who have the package would think it were included and surprised when they received a slip to sign. I imagine they might still have a DOD highlighted in the Patter, but in reality, they are available all day every day from any bartender. It seems in recent years, they were the same price as other drinks except you received the glass with the purchase.

I remember years ago all drinks came with the glasses. I had quite a collection at home!

I had the RR package for my 5 days on Brilliance last week and liked it a lot, will probably get it on Vision this Saturday. Every morning I had 2 or 3 speciality coffee drinks (at least $12), tons of bottled water, and a few non-alcoholic frozen drinks throughout the day. I don't drink carbonated beverages usually, but when it was quite rough on our sea day, I went through several cans of ginger ale. Even with the package, though, I had to sign every single time! They said it was to protect me in case I was charged so I saved all the receipts.

I was on Freedom two weeks ago and bought the Replenish package ahead of time. I found it to be of great value. I would have freshly squeezed juice at breakfast in WJ, then bead to the Café Promenade and grab a specialty coffee as it was Starbucks brand. And I would also grab a bottled water. Than at lunch if we were on the ship, I got a Coke. And in the afternoon, I would get a non-alcoholic cocktail (the banana daiquiri was good) or another Starbucks and another bottled water. At dinner the MDR, I would get a coke. Then after dinner I would go back to the promenade café and get non-caffeinated beverage like vanilla steamer or hot chocolate than head to the theater. Than after I sometimes grab another cocktail and a bottles water. I only used the machines 3-4 times the entire cruise.

To the OP, sounded like you were a little confused on what was included. But glad to hear you got a refund.

I was on Freedom two weeks ago and bought the Replenish package ahead of time. I found it to be of great value. I would have freshly squeezed juice at breakfast in WJ, then bead to the Café Promenade and grab a specialty coffee as it was Starbucks brand. And I would also grab a bottled water. Than at lunch if we were on the ship, I got a Coke. And in the afternoon, I would get a non-alcoholic cocktail (the banana daiquiri was good) or another Starbucks and another bottled water. At dinner the MDR, I would get a coke. Then after dinner I would go back to the promenade café and get non-caffeinated beverage like vanilla steamer or hot chocolate than head to the theater. Than after I sometimes grab another cocktail and a bottles water. I only used the machines 3-4 times the entire cruise.

To the OP, sounded like you were a little confused on what was included. But glad to hear you got a refund.

Love your method! I am stealing it for my next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love your method! I am stealing it for my next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoy your next cruise! Grabbing the water bottles were great as I brought a couple with me for the port and excursions. And don't forget that you can use them on Coco Cay and Labadee for soda and non-alcoholic drinks.

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful day with all those nice drinks. I'm afraid my poor old bladder wouldn't be able to keep up with all the intake, LOL. I'd need to cart around a port-a-potty with me..hahahaha :D

We were on FOS 2 weeks ago and after lots of questions on here we decided to get the ultimate pkg. After calculating caramel machitos, fresh OJ, bottle waters, wines, mixed drinks...we thought we'd probably break even and when all was said and done we actually saved a little money. Plus they gave us a bottle of champagne for getting the UP. But what was nice is not having to worrie. Also not once were we told something was not aloud, or charged extra. One word of advice though. Be specific in what you want. Allot of drinks are made with HOUSE liquors, so specify the TOP shelfs!!!! You already paid for it!!!

I had the RR package for my 5 days on Brilliance last week and liked it a lot, will probably get it on Vision this Saturday. Every morning I had 2 or 3 speciality coffee drinks (at least $12), tons of bottled water, and a few non-alcoholic frozen drinks throughout the day. I don't drink carbonated beverages usually, but when it was quite rough on our sea day, I went through several cans of ginger ale. Even with the package, though, I had to sign every single time! They said it was to protect me in case I was charged so I saved all the receipts.

I suspect it has more to do with giving you an opportunity to write in an extra amount for a tip than it does to protect you from charges. I found it quite variable as to whether I was asked to sign or not.

Not sure what the attraction of "fresh-squeezed" oj is...pulp, and seeds...not my cup of tea! The OJ I buy is made from "concentrate"...it's always good, sweet, and pulp-free! Perfect!

Yuck! Who on earth would want to have all of those fresh nutrients and fibers floating around in a completely natural and unadulterated product?

Yep, give me some good ole OJ that was stripped of all it's water, some of it's nutrients and all of it's fiber any day. It goes especially well with a squeeze of juice from one of those plastic lemons or limes.

I suspect it has more to do with giving you an opportunity to write in an extra amount for a tip than it does to protect you from charges. I found it quite variable as to whether I was asked to sign or not.

Agreed! I find it hard to believe if a charge showed up for a soda and you had purchased the package, that GS wouldn't refund without the "receipt". Seems pretty clear that would be an incorrect charge.

Nothing perfect about it. The flavor and texture are all wrong. Especially the flavor. The store-bought stuff has a chalky aftertaste, due to pasteurization.

Ain't nothing like the real thing. Fresh squeezed, never pasteurized.

As for the Replenish package, in a typical day I get 2 glasses of OJ with breakfast, 2-4 sodas, 1-2 specialty coffees, 2-3 bottles of sparkling water, and usually a virigin pina colada. It's fairly easy to hit the $20 mark.

they no longer heavily promote it.. it is listed in the daily planner and maybe the CD will mention it during his early morning show but that's it. the really don't have people roving the pool decks any more with trays full .

we had a few, but only because we knew from reading the planner(actually he was more interested in the daily beer special)

A lot of things gone these days. On our first few cruises, they would have trays of cookies on embarkation day. No ice sculptures, and no vegetable carvings. The last few cruises, they put whole veggies on display.

Edited by knittinggirl