Transfer from Port of Miami to FLL

oldpharmguy

We are using Oceania Air on our first cruise with Oceania. Our air schedule for our post cruise flight back to Houston shows us leaving Ft.Lauderdale (not Miami) at 12:45 PM. Can anyone help with info about the best transfer for us.

We were hoping to take a taxi from Port to Miami airport, but now that they have scheduled us to leave from Lauderdale, I don't know. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There are several companies that do shuttles/transfers between the two. We used Quality Limo service a few years ago to take us between the port at Miami and FLL (or maybe vice versa). I don't recall the exact cost, but it was reasonable. They picked us up on time and were easy to deal with. I'm sure you could find them or similar companies by doing a google search.

I always use SAS transport to and from MIA. Contact ridesas.com. $15 per person POM to FLL in a 15 passenger van waiting for you at port with a trailer for your luggage. They are most pleasant and have ALWAYS in our six years using them been the most accommodating of all and we use them at least two times round trip per year. Which now reminds me I need to book with them for our Riviera T/A.

Thanks for all the replies. I called Oceania to inquire why Lauderdale instead of Miami, seeing that is where I am flying into from Houston and they said they sometime do that when they don't have the flights leaving from Miami. (read: they must be cheaper from FLL). I believe it would cost a deviation fee to change it. Thanks again to all.

Thanks for all the replies. I called Oceania to inquire why Lauderdale instead of Miami, seeing that is where I am flying into from Houston and they said they sometime do that when they don't have the flights leaving from Miami. (read: they must be cheaper from FLL). I believe it would cost a deviation fee to change it. Thanks again to all.

I believe that you're being slightly cynical as regards your thoughts that the FLL flight was chosen because of price, and given the circumstances, I'm equally sure that they would re-route you, gratis, from Miami if you prefer to use that Airport.

Before calling to ask for the change, however, I'd suggest that you research the available flight schedules .....as it is likely that Oceania was trying to spare you a multi hour wait. ;)

Edited by StanandJim

We used our own air on a previous cruise and FLL was substantially cheaper. No problem with a shuttle to the airport, as others have suggested. Don't remember which company we used. Or consider going on your roll call. Maybe if there are several of you, you can book a private shuttle.

If O booked your air, don't they also provide transportation to the airport?

Since you seem to be concerned about the price, please understand that some of the recommendations here are for private limos and others would be for a van that is shared which of course is much cheaper. If you have the time for the shared van, companies like SAS and MJS can get you to FLL airport for about $15. per person as long as there are several others sharing the ride. Sometimes Oceania arrives on a weekday when the Oceania ship is the only ship in the POM. In that case a shared ride might be difficult. On a Sat. or Sun. there should be no problem. The shared ride vans usually have a set time when they depart but the arrival at the FLL airport will depend on how many stops they have to make. Why not call a couple of companies and get the information that you need.

I believe that you're being slightly cynical as regards your thoughts that the FLL flight was chosen because of price, and given the circumstances, I'm equally sure that they would re-route you, gratis, from Miami if you prefer to use that Airport.

Before calling to ask for the change, however, I'd suggest that you research the available flight schedules .....as it is likely that Oceania was trying to spare you a multi hour wait. ;)

No no it won't be gratis. Yesterday my travel agent have contacted O air dept because my flight is Montreal/Fll instead of Miami and no negociation we have to pay air deviation. Me too I think they choose FLL because it is cheaper

Fll will not take you more than 20 minutes longer and it is 1000% better than Miami. From the curb it is a major hike to the gates while Fll is steps away. And Miami Airport is to me like a third world country. I would fly out of Ft. Lauderdale any time over Miami and I use both all the time. :):)

Fll will not take you more than 20 minutes longer and it is 1000% better than Miami. From the curb it is a major hike to the gates while Fll is steps away. And Miami Airport is to me like a third world country. I would fly out of Ft. Lauderdale any time over Miami and I use both all the time. :):)

+1 I choose FLL whenever I can and will continue to do so.

We are using Oceania Air on our first cruise with Oceania. Our air schedule for our post cruise flight back to Houston shows us leaving Ft.Lauderdale (not Miami) at 12:45 PM. Can anyone help with info about the best transfer for us.

We were hoping to take a taxi from Port to Miami airport, but now that they have scheduled us to leave from Lauderdale, I don't know. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We have air into and out of FLL on 13 Dec Mayan Mystique. I am using SAS Transportation. It is a share transfer but $15.00 p/p each way.

Since you seem to be concerned about the price, please understand that some of the recommendations here are for private limos and others would be for a van that is shared which of course is much cheaper. If you have the time for the shared van, companies like SAS and MJS can get you to FLL airport for about $15. per person as long as there are several others sharing the ride. Sometimes Oceania arrives on a weekday when the Oceania ship is the only ship in the POM. In that case a shared ride might be difficult. On a Sat. or Sun. there should be no problem. The shared ride vans usually have a set time when they depart but the arrival at the FLL airport will depend on how many stops they have to make. Why not call a couple of companies and get the information that you need.

On two occasions using SAS we were the ONLY passengers. They picked us up at the time we asked and only charged us the $15. This was from FLL and O was the only ship in port. On our returns POM to FLL we just call after we get luggage. The last time the van could not take all of us but another was 5 minutes right behind it. Only once did we ever have to circle around the port as many ships arrived the same day. We cannot recommend them highly enough.

After reading your response I won't changrpe Fll for Miami. Thank you but could you explain why you do not like at all Miami airport?

After reading your response I won't changrpe Fll for Miami. Thank you but could you explain why you do not like at all Miami airport?

As I posted before, dirty, crowded, takes forever to get to your gate. Feels like miles, and reported to be one of the 10 worst airports is the country.

As I posted before, dirty, crowded, takes forever to get to your gate. Feels like miles, and reported to be one of the 10 worst airports is the country.

Never had that problem at Terminal J must be the other terminals you fly from ;)

Never had that problem at Terminal J must be the other terminals you fly from ;)

Lyn

I have always had problems with walking what seems like miles at MIA. Let alone, long security lines, hordes of people. Just not a nice experience. At FLL it is all so easy coming and going, and much nicer airport. I will choose it over MIA whenever I can. As they say on this board YMMV ;)

Lyn

I have always had problems with walking what seems like miles at MIA. Let alone, long security lines, hordes of people. Just not a nice experience. At FLL it is all so easy coming and going, and much nicer airport. I will choose it over MIA whenever I can. As they say on this board YMMV ;)

I was joking most flights from J are international & probably leave a lot later than the mid day flights to Canada

We have not encountered long lines for our AC flights ..not saying it does not happen

It takes us more time to go through US Immigration in Toronto ;)

I will find out about FLL next yr ;)

lyn

We are also avoiding MIA by flying to FLL on the 12th and then arriving at POM on the 13th. And best of all, my travel agent who is in Delray Beach has offered to pick us up at the hotel on Sunday morning and drive us to the port!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app