taking sodas on Carnival

baygirl2222

I'm confused so appreciate assistance. We have always just carried soda on, but don't want to lug them around this time. I understand that a cooler must be no larger than 12 x 12 x 12, but I read that cruisers on taking rolling duffle bags which are larger. If I get a cheap rolling luggage cart, then I will need to take it apart to get through the xray machine. So, rolling duffle or metal cart?

thank you

How much are you carrying? Carnival allows a 12 pack per person of all kinds of liquids combined...Soda, water. You have to carry it on, can't be checked. If you have a rolling duffle that will fit through the airport style/size xray machines, it will be fine. EM

Carnival only allows 12 twenty ounce or smaller bottles of non-alcoholic beverages. I believe that is the limit per cabin.

Negative paul929207... it is 12 per person in the cabin.

As for the rolling duffle bag, I had my 12 pack of soda in my rolling carry on luggage and left it in there through the xray machine. They opened my bag just to make sure it was soda, but other than that no problems.

Some passengers look like the Coke delivery man hauling on cases of water and soda. :D

I've seen some passengers bringing on so many cases of water that you'd think they were preparing to cross the Sahara desert rather than go on a cruise.:eek:

We had one of those insulted bags (for sporting events or boating or whatever) it was a good size and we just put all our soda into it and handed it off with our luggage. It was also a nice little bag to bring off the ship with us to put ice and water in for the beach :)

We had one of those insulted bags (for sporting events or boating or whatever) it was a good size and we just put all our soda into it and handed it off with our luggage. It was also a nice little bag to bring off the ship with us to put ice and water in for the beach :)

You are aware that goes against Carnival's stated policy regarding bringing non-alcoholic beverages onboard? (bolding mine)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-545894

How do you insult a bag? :rolleyes: