Mighty Cruise Ships - Solstice - PVR Alert

FRMPEI

Did anybody catch the showing of Mighty Cruise Ships - Solstice last night? I missed it but, searched ahead on the PVR and will record it this evening. Last week they featured Azamara Journey. Looks like it is a Canadian show and it may take some time for it to air in the US. Link to series below.

http://www.discovery.ca/Shows/Mighty-Cruise-Ships

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Did anybody catch the showing of Mighty Cruise Ships - Solstice last night? I missed it but, searched ahead on the PVR and will record it this evening. Last week they featured Azamara Journey. Looks like it is a Canadian show and it may take some time for it to air in the US. Link to series below.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Apparently this Discovery Channel show is available for viewing only in Canada. It is not listed on Discovery's U.S. website. One person posted the show on YouTube, but it was taken down due to copyright infringement. Those of us outside of Canada will just have to wait. Or better yet, cruise on the Solstice, as we are doing January 4.

Thanks for the link, anyway. They had five good photos of the Solstice that were available for viewing.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thanks for posting this! I will definitely try and catch it. Hoping Telus will have this in On Demand too.

Ha! If only I had read the whole thread first. I eventually found it at the 2pm slot but had to back track.

Have a soft spot for the Solstice- first ever cruise, the Med.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers, h.

Sent from the nether world using magic

Many thanks for posting this. Just watched the Solstice episode on YouTube, the itinerary was the Top End of Australia. Looked like a fantastic itinerary, one I would love to do. It was very interesting to see a lot of behind the scenes footage onboard, very enjoyable. Planning to watch some more, especially the Azamara one.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thanks for the heads up. I was watching Equinox today on the PE Webcam and got a bonus of watching an unsuspecting painter perform maintenance live on the Webcam. I don't think he knew he was on live. Lol

Found it on youTube

http://youtu.be/j2dCN4RkWhM

I`m in the UK :)

Thanks for the link, I watched it and now want to go on Solstice again and see Australia! :D

There is also a cruise series on AWE. This past week they had shows on Brilliance, Navigator and Allure. The program is called Dream Cruises and other companies are listed for the next shows. They aren't the best programs but you do get to see something of the ships and their ports of call.

Many thanks for posting this. Just watched the Solstice episode on YouTube, the itinerary was the Top End of Australia. Looked like a fantastic itinerary, one I would love to do. It was very interesting to see a lot of behind the scenes footage onboard, very enjoyable. Planning to watch some more, especially the Azamara one.

We're fortunate to be booked on this cruise departing Perth on 25th February 2015. Even for us Australians it's a great itinerary. We'll certainly be seeing parts of Australia that we've never been before.

Only 85 sleeps ... just a little bit excited.

Hi FRMPEI,

Thanks for posting this... We have not seen the Solstice episode yet, but will keep an eye out for it (Solstice was our first cruise, so great fondness for her).

Mr Sloop & I LOVE this Canadian Discovery Channel show... Now in its 7+ Season. Truly fascinating all the ships they have covered in detail... Not just the Cruise Ships.

In the 44 Episodes they have so far covered 7 Cruise Ships (Queen Mary 2 - Oasis of the Seas - Norwegian Epic - Le Boreal - Crystal Serenity - Norwegian Breakaway (the build) - Norwegian Breakaway (the voyage) - Wind Surf ) works out to about 1 per season.

Mr Sloop & I have been fortunate to have "caught" most of them... Difficult in so much as Discovery's Schedule is not as predictable as a regular network. We have lucked out tho and found a few on YouTube (although not always in the best viewing condition)

The Cruise Ship Episodes have proven to be soooo popular, that they now have spun off a seperate series entitled Mighty Cruise Ships which began airing this Fall... It is this series where one finds the Celebrity Solstice, as well as 5 others this first season (Paul Gauguin - Le Soleal - Azamara Journey - Stella Australis - and Marco Polo)

We saw the Crystal Serenity a few weeks back, and are looking forward to seeing the rest

IMDB - Mighty Ships = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1450143/

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks for the utube link!

It was great watching the solstice come into port Hedland as that's where I live. It mentions it's the first time it's entered the port Hedland harbour which was about 2 years ago (my husband took photos). So the doco is around 2 years old.

But as I will be boarding her in around 30 days for my first cruise I'm super excited to watch the program. When she came into port Hedland I never imagined I would be able to sail on her.

Many thanks for posting the link, I have managed to watch half of the show, will have to go back and watch the rest. I loved it!

I have seen the shows on Queen Mary 2, Oasis of the Seas, and Crystal Serenity. All shows have inspired me to cruise on these ships, so they must generate a lot of new passengers.

Cheers

Rosie

I got to watch the show last night just before my "The Walking Dead" viewing. I really liked this episode and would love to do this cruise but, air travel from Eastern Canada to Australia is way to expensive. Didn't realize that the ocean water in the north was so warm ... wow 32.5c.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I got to watch the show last night just before my "The Walking Dead" viewing. I really liked this episode and would love to do this cruise but, air travel from Eastern Canada to Australia is way to expensive. Didn't realize that the ocean water in the north was so warm ... wow 32.5c.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Flights are expensive. You could always cruise over :)