Double charged for gratuities!!!

ksuds

On our CCs when you go to dispute a charge you have to click a button telling them that you have tried your best to work it out with the company that charged you.

When the OP tried there best to get charges to be removed on board.Thats Enough.

We sailed the Vision last week for a 7 day cruise. We always prepay our gratuities when we book as we like to sign up for my time dining. I also like to get that expense out of the way.

On our last night of sailing we decided to check our onboard charges to make sure we didn't see anything crazy. We do this because they accidentally charged us for 4 drink packages recently when there are only two of us.

We were traveling in a group of 4 so we got the other 2 cards so guest relations would run all the bills. After looking at them, we say the 12.00 per day line item everyday on all our bills. We explained that we prepaid and that should show in their records. We asked them to remove the extra charges.

Well asking that was like commiting a crime. They told us that removing the tips meant our people wouldn't get paid. Huh? But we already paid, what do you mean you aren't paying them. They would not help us, they advised us that we needed to prove to them we paid.

OK.....off to the slow internet computers we went to get our proof. We printed off proof that all 4 of us prepaid our gratuities. This reflected on our booking invoice that showed paid in full.

They informed us that they would correct the issue and credit back our accounts. They could not print us new statements because they said it would take a while to fix.

Morning came and the first thing I did was grab the printout off the door. Yay! They fixed it. I didn't even think to call my mom's room on deck 4 (we were on 7) to have her verify. While we were waiting in our debarkation area around 8:30 we grabbed her and her roommates bills to see what they were charged. Uggggg.......there grats were still on there. By that time, guest services and all surrounding areas were a mess. We couldn't get anywhere near it.

Now we are stuck with the hassel of trying to get corporate to credit the accounts back.

My learning experience from this is to make sure you carry your booking invoice (which we never have). Then demand proof from guest service that the issue will be handled.

Very disappointed that this has happened.

Corporate Guest Relations can be reached by email at royalguestrelations@rccl.com or 800-256-6649.

This department handles any problem that a cruiser had on a recent cruise that after the cruise still remains to be resolved. They should be able to be of assistance.

I hope I'm wrong, because I was also told that if gratuities are removed, the Hotel Director questions the affected staff for possible reasons.

They do not know until the last day if gratuities were pre-paid. At least, that's what I was told by my room attendant on Liberty last month.

If you have MTD, I'm sure that they all know that your gratuities were prepaid. If not, I've been told by a waiter that they know a few days in to the cruise who has prepaid. What they likely don't know is who removed their prepaid gratuities until the end of the cruise, since some people do it late in the game.

Even though we pre-pay gratuities, the account is still shown as being charged for gratuities on a daily basis, and then credited against our pre-pay on-board credit.

That hasn't been our experience with MTD. Do you do traditional dining?

If you have MTD, I'm sure that they all know that your gratuities were prepaid. If not, I've been told by a waiter that they know a few days in to the cruise who has prepaid. What they likely don't know is who removed their prepaid gratuities until the end of the cruise, since some people do it late in the game.

That hasn't been our experience with MTD. Do you do traditional dining?

That wasn't my experience with traditional dining either. Never saw that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do the same. I carry everything needed to prove what was paid, reserved, and promised. I don't want to waste anymore time than is necessary to correct a problem.

My husband has a folder with him with all the confirmations etc.....often never need it, but you never know. It doesn't hurt to carry them.