Anytime Dining Question

cambriah

May I ask if the reason "it was no longer necessary" to make reservation involved $$$'s ?

If I'm not clear enough , did you significantly tip the Head Waiter/Maitre' d ?

No, we were always just courteous and friendly, thanked him, showed up when we said we would, etc. In fact, we tried to tip Robert (Head Waiter? think so, not sure) fairly early in the cruise when he graciously replaced our wine package card which we had lost, and he refused to accept it. We did tip him at the end of the cruise for overall excellent service.

No, we were always just courteous and friendly, thanked him, showed up when we said we would, etc. In fact, we tried to tip Robert (Head Waiter? think so, not sure) fairly early in the cruise when he graciously replaced our wine package card which we had lost, and he refused to accept it. We did tip him at the end of the cruise for overall excellent service.

Thank you for the response . Nice to hear such good service was the result of good people

doing the right thing for good people.

I have had this conversation with numerous Maitre d's over the years - when there is such a demand for traditional dining, and so many forced to take ATD because they cannot get traditional - wouldn't it make a lot more sense to just have more traditional dining??? I know.....there I go thinking again!?
I would never choose fixed dining . Since it began to be available we have have always tried

to choose Anytime Dining , not always successfully . In previous years with other cruise lines,

it was the first option to sell out. It does seem that more and more spaces have been made

available for flexible dining to meet customer demand! Have we reached the proper equilibrium ?

I don't know but fixed dining is not very popular with newer cruisers. I don't believe in general

there is "such a demand for traditional dining" , though that depends on individual cruises and brands.

Respect is earned nor demanded.

So, to finish this, people should not respect anyone until those people have earned respect?

Thus people should do whatever they want because strangers, who cannot possibly have earned respect, deserve no respect....A great way to live!:rolleyes:

Edited by AKman2495

I have had this conversation with numerous Maitre d's over the years - when there is such a demand for traditional dining, and so many forced to take ATD because they cannot get traditional - wouldn't it make a lot more sense to just have more traditional dining??? I know.....there I go thinking again!?

But they have! Many ships use one of the Anytime dining rooms for a second early Traditional seating. Of course, this takes away space from early Anytime diners, and then you get the complaints about long waits for Anytime. :rolleyes: