Carnival funhub app

AtSeaWithChris

Might be nice for those who signup with a WiFi package. The sample screen shot shows internet connection and I have no intention of paying for internet while on my cruise. Maybe I am wrong and there won't be a charge for any of this. I can dream.

Edited by Swampbaby

Might be nice for those who signup with a WiFi package. The sample screen shot shows internet connection and I have no intention of paying for internet while on my cruise. Maybe I am wrong and there won't be a charge for any of this. I can dream.

On Carnival, there is never a charge for WiFi and it is available complimentary bow-to-stern.

On Carnival, there is never a charge for WiFi and it is available complimentary bow-to-stern.

OK, that sounds good. Next question, how would I keep my email and text message for coming in? Thinking I could turn off texting and email on my iPhone and if so, that would work.

I think it's an internal wifi network-- not internet access. The screen shots all look ship related to me.

I looks like the beginning of the end for printed daily schedules.

Very cool :)

Not totally true, and there you go giving bad information again!

WIFI is free, but if you want internet (which for the texting part it says you need), they charge.

Not totally true, and there you go giving bad information again!

WIFI is free, but if you want internet (which for the texting part it says you need), they charge.

Actually, it is entirely true and is not misinformation. Onboard any cruise ship and any unsecured network, Wireless Fidelity is always 100% free. This application specifically uses Carnival's local intranet. Internet connectivity over the hyper text transfer protocol (Port 80) is completely different than WiFi.

Actually, it is entirely true and is not misinformation. Onboard any cruise ship and any unsecured network, Wireless Fidelity is always 100% free. This application specifically uses Carnival's local intranet. Internet connectivity over the hyper text transfer protocol (Port 80) is completely different than WiFi.

Most of the information is on their intranet, but they specifically have said that the texting portion will need internet connectivity. Speculation on my part, but that may be part of the testing of the Social Media plan, which does not make sense since that is on the Freedom and this app is only on the Breeze.

The way it was explained to me by Carnival is that while in airplane mode and on Carnivals wifi you can text people on the ship that have the app installed and are on your friends list . They also said that it is only currently on the Breeze and will be free until further notice . Right or wrong I can't tell you for sure until I sail her in January ,but this is exactly what Carnivals customer service told me .