How many $0.00 on your Sea Pass Account

jveevers

Just a bit of fun and frivolity.

We all know that we should stay well hydrated on vacation, that is why free Drink packages are a big hit. All those free Waters, Juices, Coffees and the odd Wine , Cocktail or Beer.

And isnt it great to see all those $0.00 on the account they give you on the last night.

It would be interesting and entertaining to know how many you have had, count them up.

If 2 of you, count them all. Tell us over how many days.

Off to get my calculator now, will add my comment later.

Have fun but remember, stay hydrated.

Edited by jveevers

I have just posted this on a different thread, but will repeat it here as it is more relevant.

I did not receive my final account on the final night of my recent cruise on Infinity in October, in fact I did not see any on doors so not sure what went wrong. I requested it once I got home and received it by email. I was amazed to see it was only one page in length and contained no $0.00 entries. I had a Classic Beverage package and made good use of it. I wanted to see whether it was worth the cost to get one in future and was disappointed that I could not do this.

On my previous cruise on Eclipse in January I had many $0.00 entries with details of the venue where drinks were obtained through the package. I really only wanted the statement to see whether the package was worthwhile for me by totting up the drinks.

I queried this with the Captains Club and they replied:

It is standard practice for our ships to swipe our guests SeaPass cards when asking for a drink at any venue onboard and I apologise that Infinity did not action this when you were on your cruise.

Unfortunately they are unable to tell me the reason as to why this was not done but I have passed your comments on to the Food and Beverages Manager so that this can be investigated with the crew onboard internally.

I wrote back that it was most definitely 'swiped' on many occasions as I saw it happen, so I assume that nil entries were supressed in the system.

The reply was:

The systems onboard had an upgrade nearly two months ago and any items on our guests SeaPass accounts that show at zero will not print or show for our guests to see.

The system allows the ship staff to save the SeaPass on there database and then the zero amounts are shown.

I was then sent a full statement as held on their database. On checking it though, it definitely did not include all the drinks, so something is going wrong somewhere. I really wanted to know if the drink package was worthwhile for me. Also I expect that a true statement would be useful for Celebrity to have.

So are some of you still getting the detail of $0.00 ? What is going on?:confused:

I have just posted this on a different thread, but will repeat it here as it is more relevant.

I did not receive my final account on the final night of my recent cruise on Infinity in October, in fact I did not see any on doors so not sure what went wrong. I requested it once I got home and received it by email. I was amazed to see it was only one page in length and contained no $0.00 entries. I had a Classic Beverage package and made good use of it. I wanted to see whether it was worth the cost to get one in future and was disappointed that I could not do this.

On my previous cruise on Eclipse in January I had many $0.00 entries with details of the venue where drinks were obtained through the package. I really only wanted the statement to see whether the package was worthwhile for me by totting up the drinks.

I queried this with the Captains Club and they replied:

It is standard practice for our ships to swipe our guests SeaPass cards when asking for a drink at any venue onboard and I apologise that Infinity did not action this when you were on your cruise.

Unfortunately they are unable to tell me the reason as to why this was not done but I have passed your comments on to the Food and Beverages Manager so that this can be investigated with the crew onboard internally.

I wrote back that it was most definitely 'swiped' on many occasions as I saw it happen, so I assume that nil entries were supressed in the system.

The reply was:

The systems onboard had an upgrade nearly two months ago and any items on our guests SeaPass accounts that show at zero will not print or show for our guests to see.

The system allows the ship staff to save the SeaPass on there database and then the zero amounts are shown.

I was then sent a full statement as held on their database. On checking it though, it definitely did not include all the drinks, so something is going wrong somewhere. I really wanted to know if the drink package was worthwhile for me. Also I expect that a true statement would be useful for Celebrity to have.

So are some of you still getting the detail of $0.00 ? What is going on?:confused:

Yes i did on my last cruise, September 2014.

As much as I love the Celebrity product, I think that they sometimes stretch the truth to try and pacify the guest.

On all three of my Celebrity cruises we have had a drink package and each time we got multiple pages with the "0.00" drinks. I don't know if "every" drink was there but every day was represented well. :) On Summit I also looked at it each morning on the TV screen to confirm the prior day's transactions. We did have a couple of times when all the drinks in the MDR didn't show up as free. But it was easy to take care of at Guest Services - especially prior to debarkation day when that desk is crazy busy.

On all three of my Celebrity cruises we have had a drink package and each time we got multiple pages with the "0.00" drinks. I don't know if "every" drink was there but every day was represented well. :) On Summit I also looked at it each morning on the TV screen to confirm the prior day's transactions. We did have a couple of times when all the drinks in the MDR didn't show up as free. But it was easy to take care of at Guest Services - especially prior to debarkation day when that desk is crazy busy.

Max You not going to share with us the total # :D

Edited by jveevers

Not bad, for a Canadian haha, not quite Aussie standards. stirthepot.gif

nothingtoadd.gif

You're absolutely right! Although I have Aussie blood in me (born in Sydney) the drinks were actually 2/3 DH and only 1/3 mine. He is pure bred Canadian so he might give you a run for your money. ;)

87 x $0.00 on my 12 day.

That includes quite a few teas and coffees and bottles of water in Al Bacio. But most of the wine consumed in the dining room has not been recorded and several of the drinks in other venues are not shown either.

OK> Back to matters in hand.

14 night cruise, 2 pax, 342 x $0.00, lots of water and coffee :D

Didn't count them up, sorry. But I'm sure I got my money's worth. On that last night I thought Celebrity had slipped a copy of War and Peace under my door.:eek:

And my liver refused to talk to me for months.:(