My family booked a cruise, and now it's the annual singles' cruise 😧

If your Mom is the one who is making the final decision I guess you just need to calm down now and forget about it for a couple of months. Go on the cruise, take it as it comes and enjoy your holiday.

Nobody here is really able to help you and I'm not sure what you want us to say. :confused: Some of the things you've said make no sense - if final payment date is Dec. 16, the fares are still 100% refundable even if you have paid for everything in full. As for your airfare, I'm presuming the $1,000 you mention is the total change-fee Delta would charge you for 5 tickets? You'd actually only be out $200 if you save $800 by switching to the Victory.

But let's face it - even if you switch you will still be sailing during Spring Break, which is very likely to be a bigger factor than the singles group. The "group" members will probably be occupied with their own events and activities and will be fairly easy to avoid.

I think you will be fine. (Personally I find the scariest part of your whole story is the idea of 5 people in one cabin...).

We actually have two cabins!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with you. Everybody in one cabin? No way, Jose!!! That's the scariest part to me, too.

OP, since I take it your parents are paying and mom doesn't wanna call and change it, you're just gonna have to let this one ride. When you get the funds, take the itinerary and ship you like at another time.

Even if people are on this thing to "hook up," which I don't think it's that type of deal, like I said, your family isn't going to see any of that because it will be behind the scenes in their cabins.

Since the sailing is still open for booking to the general public, that means minors will be on board (such as the minors in your group). The cruise line will have to keep things under control to a very certain degree, anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We have two interior cabins. One for the parents, and one for the kids.

Sorry to hear of your impending situation. Since, apparently, there are no alternatives available, I guess you'll just have to make lemonade out of the lemons. Keep a positive attitude and try your best to have a good time, without getting carried away by the drunk-fest.

Hopefully, you'll still have a good cruise experience; and will realize that not all cruises will be like that one. Also, perhaps it's time to start considering another cruise line? For future cruises that is.

Unfortunately, we see this happen all too often. Newbies jump on what (initially) looks like a really good deal, price-wise, without really researching WHY the price is so low. All the more reason to use a good, CLIA certified TA, until you are experienced enough to do your own bookings.

Edited by Calgon1

Sorry to hear of your impending situation. Since, apparently, there are no alternatives available, I guess you'll just have to make lemonade out of the lemons. Keep a positive attitude and try your best to have a good time, without getting carried away by the drunk-fest.

Hopefully, you'll still have a good cruise experience; and will realize that not all cruises will be like that one. Also, perhaps it's time to start considering another cruise line? For future cruises that is.

Unfortunately, we see this happen all too often. Newbies jump on what (initially) looks like a really good deal, price-wise, without really researching WHY the price is so low. All the more reason to use a good, CLIA certified TA, until you are experienced enough to do your own bookings.

The OP booked the cruise in good faith - the singles group, from what the OP says, booked onto the ship after she did. Which leads me to ask - how big could this group possibly be?

1: the packaged we booked (I forget which one) has a non refundable deposit.

2: 1000$ is the cost for the flight for all 5 of us (we found a really good deal from Boston). If we wanted to cancel and reschedule we would loose all of our money and rebook a new flight (we would have to pay for a new flight: 1000$)

We actually have two cabins!

It's very hard to track along with what you're trying to say - you are very unclear in the way you present information.

If you booked directly with Carnival, which you mentioned you did, then your deposit is refundable until final payment - period. That is how it works. Even with Early Saver, changes & cancellations result in a small amount being retained and the rest being available as a credit towards a future cruise.

So, based on what you said, you were planning to change to the Victory and put everybody together in an OV cabin and that's where the $800 saving was? As compared to two Insides on the Conquest?

Either way - it doesn't really matter. Go and enjoy the cruise.

Its not the Single daters you need to worry about on cruises, its those family reunions or other large groups that are not advertise that bigger problem. So, go have fun and don't worry about til its time to eat at the buffet or MyTime dining and looking for a table, lol.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

It's very hard to track along with what you're trying to say - you are very unclear in the way you present information.

If you booked directly with Carnival, which you mentioned you did, then your deposit is refundable until final payment - period. That is how it works. Even with Early Saver, changes & cancellations result in a small amount being retained and the rest being available as a credit towards a future cruise.

So, based on what you said, you were planning to change to the Victory and put everybody together in an OV cabin and that's where the $800 saving was? As compared to two Insides on the Conquest?

Either way - it doesn't really matter. Go and enjoy the cruise.

I've bolded the key sentence. The OP isn't the decider here and can't make any of they decisions.

I wouldn't worry about the singles on this cruise. The company that is booking this as a singles cruise says it typically has around 100 people on a cruise. That's not enough to upset the balance on a ship the size of the Conquest.

There was a singles group on one of our cruises last year. We would never had known if we had not talked with some of the people in the group. Otherwise, everything looked just like any other cruise--passengers enjoying themselves.

It honestly depends on the amount of people the singles they are expecting. If it's 100 people I would not be concerned about that at all. Go enjoy your cruise. It's not like the cruise is going to have 1000 people on it. Then it would matter. But honestly there's groups on cruises all the time you just don't know about it. Cruises can handle a group of 100 people no problem!