$50 Birthday Offer ?

dmk

DMK......Yes I received a $50 Birthday Coupon. I think mine came directly from Celebrity..I will not be able to use it because it only applies to a NEW BOOKING between August 19th and Oct. 18th of this year. My next cruise is already book so I do not qualify. Oh well things happen.

I assumed (incorrectly perhaps) that I got my Birthday coupon since my Birthday is coming up in October. I am lucky as I booked a Cruise on Sunday (Aug 21st) so I should be able to use it. Not a lot of $ but who cares... Happy Birthday to me.... Happy Birthday to me....

This is news to me! Tell me about these coupons and how and when you received them--please :)

We got ours via email late last week. It was sent to my work email which is an address that I used on a past cruise documentation. It is good for a booking between Aug and Oct dates and not restricted to a specific cruise date.

We recieved our e-mail over the weekend...and JOY, JOY, we booked our 1st X cruise in about 10 years on FRIDAY!:D Just when my TA tells me X doesn't give anything away (very tight w/ onboard credits). Not much, but HAPPY, HAPPY to get anything!:p

I received one Monday and my birthday is May so go figure??? Glad to have it as we are cruising early October and I had planned to book a cruise onboard to get the shipboard credit so this is definitely a great thing :D

For those who have not received it - I would not get too upset. IMHO, the marketing department (if it is smart) would probably target a portion of past cruisers at different times of the year to entice bookings all year round. Those who received this time might not receive in the future. Just a thought...

We got the coupon and I was all excited before reading it because my husband's birthday is actually while we are on our cruise in October.

Imagine my disappointment when I read the fine print -- I seem to always miss out because I book trip early. That's o.k. because I get the cabin and ship I want.

I sure wish it were for birthday's aboard but marketing doesn't listen to me though I'm a new stockholder!

I don't understand some of the smaller print. Do you submit this coupon now or wait till final payment? I am thinking of a cruise in 2007. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to submit this coupon at the end of 2006.

It doesn't matter when you Cruise, but you have to book the Cruise between August 19th and October 18th 2005.

Basketlady..... By booking early I saved $150 pp on each of my furture Celebrity cruises. That's better then the $50 birthday present, but it would be nice to get both.

We did not get one....both b-days are in Sept. Did they come from the Captain's Club or Celebrity if arriving via email? Did anyone get them through the USPS? What is the code number for these coupons?

Happy Birthday (and Anniversary) to those who recieved the coupons.

Got the email this week. Of course timing is everying and it arrived about two weeks too late - we had already booked our December cruise on July 28 and aren't eligible for the credit.

Lysolgn, I know the feeling when you say timing is everything! I booked the Summit for April just six hours before the time period for which the coupon is applicable..... and received the coupon via email five days later!!!! A nice gesture, but timing could not have been worse.

Archived