Luggage Valet

jules815

Just thought of something. We'll be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale in March, but flying out of Miami. We have a 12:45 pm flight and we're hoping to expedite things a little by using luggage valet, but will that be available to us if we're flying out of Miami?

Just thought of something. We'll be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale in March, but flying out of Miami. We have a 12:45 pm flight and we're hoping to expedite things a little by using luggage valet, but will that be available to us if we're flying out of Miami?

From the RCI Web site.

This service is available in these selected ports:

• Fort Lauderdale
  • Port Canaveral
  • Miami
  • Seattle
  • Seward

and on these selected airlines:

• Air Tran
  • Alaska Airlines
  • American
  • Delta
  • United
  • US Airways
  • Jet Blue
  • Southwest Airlines

Participating airlines vary by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply.

I'm not sure it would make things any faster. Really the only change would be you don't have to stop and find your luggage.

Fastest option is generally to carry off your bags yourself. Then you can leave as soon as you are ready.

:)

It is a great service. Have used it a few times on RC and Celebrity cruises. It does expedite things as you do not have to search for your luggage, can walk off the ship early if you like- and into a cab- Also no checking luggage in at the airport.

I thought the flight has to be after 12 noon? Not 2:00 PM. Perhaps a change now. I hope not as our January 2015 flight is about 12:30 from Miami on a Celebrity ship.

Enjoy your cruise

For those who may be interested, here is the Luggage Valet form that I received two months ago on Allure of the Seas. All of the details are within.

I thought the flight has to be after 12 noon? Not 2:00 PM. Perhaps a change now. I hope not as our January 2015 flight is about 12:30 from Miami on a Celebrity ship.

Is your Celebrity cruise sailing out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) or Port of Miami? The 2:00 PM earliest flight time from MIA is for a cruise that sailed out of Port Everglades.

For those who may be interested, here is the Luggage Valet form that I received two months ago on Allure of the Seas. All of the details are within.

Is your Celebrity cruise sailing out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) or Port of Miami? The 2:00 PM earliest flight time from MIA is for a cruise that sailed out of Port Everglades.

My ship is sailing into Miami, and my airport is Miami. So I am okay to use the service! Great. Txs

Sailed Oasis 11/29 sailing and We had a 4:50 flight on southwest this past Saturday We were so happy we were approved for the valet service. Southwest is the last airline to update RCCL with passenger approval. We didn't find out until after 7pm Friday that we were accepted. We didn't have to get our luggage at the pier--the biggest advantage was not having to lug it around the airport. They don't allow check in on bags until 5 hours before your flight. The six of us paid $20 including tip from the pier to the airport (no luggage) vs. RCCL bus ride $16.75 per person. When you take the transfers into account the $20 valet cost is minimal and a HUGE convenience! Trust me when I say it is the best $20 spent on your vacation. Didn't see my luggage until we arrived at Midway baggage claim!