Triumph question

nunuc2000

We've sailed the Triumph many times since she's been in Galveston, three this year alone and I cannot find a pattern where and why they did the upgrade.

We've been on decks 7-9 in balconies and some have, some haven't been upgraded.

Edited by BallFour4

Hi there. I've done extensive research on this and so far I've learned that the suites are the only rooms that were planned to receive LCD TVs during the last refurb. However, there's been an exception. The handicap accessible rooms (at least on Deck 10) (1001-1004) have had new LCD TVs installed. I have confirmed this with two rooms of those four. I'm assuming that if those two rooms were upgraded, so would the other two next door.

The regular interiors, ocean views, and balconies have the old style TVs. However, if a TV was to go out, I'm betting that they would replace it with a newer style TV rather than replacing with an old one. That may explain why some have LCD and some don't.

Edited by Noelchristian92610

Can't seem to find a clear answer for this question...

On the Triumph, are the TV's new flat screen, or older box models?

Thanks

Wow! You know I have sailed on the Triumph eight times and for the life of me I can't remember! I don't really watch a lot of TV when I'm on a cruise. But I can tell you the triumph is my favorite ship and the only thing I wish they would add is refrigerators to all the rooms.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

• 3 weeks later...
I was in 2457 last July and it was a tube. I doubt the picture quality would be very good on LCD's anyway. I hate watching TV in hotels that have switched to LCD but still have analog signals.

Hi, Streydog! I have reserved 2457 for my upcoming cruise. I'm interested in the unusual configuration since it is on a corner and seems to be a triangular shaped stateroom. What can you tell me about the advantages/disadvantages of this room?

Hi, Streydog! I have reserved 2457 for my upcoming cruise. I'm interested in the unusual configuration since it is on a corner and seems to be a triangular shaped stateroom. What can you tell me about the advantages/disadvantages of this room?

We have the EXACT same room booked for our upcoming cruise too! When is yours?

The advantage is it is a larger cabin. It has a lot of floor space. It only has one window that is facing the rear of the ship. The window is offset by about 3 ft. and is behind the bed. Its good as a source of light but the view is not so great.

2455 and 2457 share a corner door you have to go through to get to both cabins. It was propped open most of the time.

I had read reports that there was a vibration in the room. This was not an exaggeration, when underway the room constantly vibrated. It did not bother me though, it was kind of soothing.

This was my second cruise and my first cabin was an inside cabin so I don't have much to compare to.

Nunuc200 I will be on the 1st leg of your B2B in Feb.

The advantage is it is a larger cabin. It has a lot of floor space. It only has one window that is facing the rear of the ship. The window is offset by about 3 ft. and is behind the bed. Its good as a source of light but the view is not so great.

2455 and 2457 share a corner door you have to go through to get to both cabins. It was propped open most of the time.

I had read reports that there was a vibration in the room. This was not an exaggeration, when underway the room constantly vibrated. It did not bother me though, it was kind of soothing.

This was my second cruise and my first cabin was an inside cabin so I don't have much to compare to.

Nunuc200 I will be on the 1st leg of your B2B in Feb.

Like you, we also find the vibration soothing and don't mind it all all - the extra noise and vibration while docking in ports makes a great wake-up call! :D We've had a very similar room before - 2470 on the Conquest - and enjoy the location and extra space. The one on the Conquest had 2 windows and better placement of them, but aside from that, pretty comparable.

Genericuserid, if there's anything very specific you want to know about that cabin, let me know and I'll take note or pictures for you. :)

Celine

Hi there. I've done extensive research on this and so far I've learned that the suites are the only rooms that were planned to receive LCD TVs during the last refurb. However, there's been an exception. The handicap accessible rooms (at least on Deck 10) (1001-1004) have had new LCD TVs installed. I have confirmed this with two rooms of those four. I'm assuming that if those two rooms were upgraded, so would the other two next door.

The regular interiors, ocean views, and balconies have the old style TVs. However, if a TV was to go out, I'm betting that they would replace it with a newer style TV rather than replacing with an old one. That may explain why some have LCD and some don't.

I stayed in this room on my last cruise. There is a wall mounted flatscreen, but it seemed to be smaller than on the Conquest and it's mounted in a very strange place.

well it looks like the verdict is in:

There is no clear indication of the Triumph having new or old TV's... seems to be some of both. LOL!

No worries... I guess we'll find out next month, and then we can give an answer on our specific room's tv type. :)

Celine