Oasis Dining Question

Kapin777

Dining question and I am sorry if this has already been asked on this thread-or a different one. We are sailing in mid Feb on the Oasis.

I was setting up all the meals for my group and it appears that we fall into some unlucky period between the dry dock and when Dynamic Dining is in full effect. Is my understanding correct that the only complimentary dinner options are the new Mexican restaurant and the Windjammer? While RCCL is trying to sell me that the Promenade Cafe and pizza are dining options, they are not actual sit down dining options. It seems the other complimentary restaurants are not going to be operational until March 2015 and the main dining room is apparently not offered either. It seems a little odd that the only complimentary "sit-down" restaurants are a Mexican restaurant and the windjammer. I enjoy Mexican food, but not each night.

I would appreciate anyone with any insight on this.

The MDR is still open for business as normal, and free. Those two are options, but not the only ones.

The folks at Royal must be confused as to explain how things work while the dining room is being changed to accommodate the individual restaurants. I'm surprised they said what they did since there is no way the remaining venues could serve everyone in the time allotted for dinner.

Edited by JasonV1

Thanks. I likewise found this to be extremely odd and that's why I have called. I'm not new to RCCL and have never had any issues booking my reservation in advance, but when I had trouble booking dinning I called and that is the information I received.

Dining question and I am sorry if this has already been asked on this thread-or a different one. We are sailing in mid Feb on the Oasis.

I was setting up all the meals for my group and it appears that we fall into some unlucky period between the dry dock and when Dynamic Dining is in full effect. Is my understanding correct that the only complimentary dinner options are the new Mexican restaurant and the Windjammer? While RCCL is trying to sell me that the Promenade Cafe and pizza are dining options, they are not actual sit down dining options. It seems the other complimentary restaurants are not going to be operational until March 2015 and the main dining room is apparently not offered either. It seems a little odd that the only complimentary "sit-down" restaurants are a Mexican restaurant and the windjammer. I enjoy Mexican food, but not each night.

I would appreciate anyone with any insight on this.

I have no idea where you heard that or how you could believe that. The Main Dinning Room is in full use and is part of your cruise fair. We were on The Oasis November 15-22 and ate every night in The MDR. The only thing that has changed are the names on the doors. Deck 3 is The American Icon Grill, Deck 4 is now The Grande and Deck 5 is now Silk.

Sabor the Mexican restaurant is all alacarte. I got 3 tacos for $4 and my wife got quesedillas for $4. We went there for lunch last week. Sides of beans and rice were $1.50 each. Dinner sizes were like $9. It was very good probably the best lunch we had.

Possibly the OP has My Time Dining and cannot get the reservation times they want. Maybe this is why they suggested the Windjammer and other free dining options.

Or if they want traditional dining, it was closed for the early dining time maybe two months ago.

Edited by KansasK