So how do you order Ultimate Balcony Breakfast?

tep65

Recently returned (late June) from a Greek Island/Turkey/Italy cruise on the Grand Princess and had the good fortune and good sense to arrange for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. This is something you can only take care of once you are on board ship, usually through room service, although you can also ask at the Purser's desk to have someone get in touch with you regarding making arrangements.

The Maitre'D comes to your room several nights before to review the menu, take drink orders and to inform you of the sequence of events. We dined on our balcony off the island of Mykonos....began around 6:30 with cocktails, followed by cold appetizers, then hot appetizers, then wine, salad, an entree of lobster tails (3 apiece) and filet, and a spectacular chocolate dessert, followed by cookies, cheese, etc. We finished around 9:00 PM, just in time to watch a magnificent sunset from our balcony. At all times, there were 2 staff waiting on us...just outside our door...to allow for privacy, but always immediately available.

The cost of the dinner was $50 per person....far less expensive then one would pay for a similar meal in any fine restaurant...a wonderful dining experience with an unbeatable view and setting.

You should have no difficulties making arrangements, as I do not believe they "sell out" their balcony experiences. In fact, the night we arranged for it, we were told that we were the only ones on that particular night. You might also consider dining in the fine Italian restaurant, Sabbatini's as well. This is a 15 course meal, served leisurely over a 2 and a half hour dining experience...again well worth the "upcharge" of about $20 per person.

Enjoy, bon voyage and bon apetit'

Choices

When on the Sapphire, we had the Balcony Breakfast while cruising Tracy Arm. We had called room service a couple of days before but the room steward left a flyer the night before (for those who were not aware of this option). It was well worth the $25

49er

When on the Sapphire, we had the Balcony Breakfast while cruising Tracy Arm. We had called room service a couple of days before but the room steward left a flyer the night before (for those who were not aware of this option). It was well worth the $25

49er

Is this $25pp or a total of $25

TIA

I pre-ordered the balcony breakfast by calling Princess directly. It is already paid for, but I will still have to get our room steward to set up the time and place. I am taking a copy of the order form and my receipt just in case I need it. I also ordered a bottle of Moet and chocolate covered strawberries. We have an anniversary while on the 9/3 cruise on the CB.

While on the Island to Hawaii the Balconey breakfast was only offered once. A flyer came to your cabin a few days before and you could order it for the day specified. In talking to others, not everyone got the flyer. We had it. It is $25 per couple. It was good, not spectacular. The quiche was loaded with black olives (Yuck). You got mini pastries, fruit, quiche, a champagne split, juice and coffee.

It stinks....I am getting married next August, and we are taking our honeymoon the following January...I will be 2 weeks shy of being 21. I think it would be nice to do the dinner (but i don't eat seafood, and coudln't have the alcohol) or the breakfast (once again, no alcohol:()

It stinks....I am getting married next August, and we are taking our honeymoon the following January...I will be 2 weeks shy of being 21. I think it would be nice to do the dinner (but i don't eat seafood, and coudln't have the alcohol) or the breakfast (once again, no alcohol:()

How old will your spouse be? I still find it ironic that one can be old enough to marry and procreate but cannot (legally) drink in many jurisdictions!

• 3 weeks later...

Two different things are being discussed here. The OP poster was inquiring about the Balcony Breakfast. That is $25 per couple, and can be pre-ordered in the "gifts" section on the Princess website or by calling Princess direct prior to your cruise.

The Ultimate Balcony Dinner is $100/couple and cannot be preordered, but done after you are on the ship.

The OP is about breakfast and I was also asking a breakfast question. confused.gif

Does anyone remember what the earliest delivery time was?

Good morning, Iamthesea.

When DH and I did the "Mayan Breakfast" on the Grand, we ordered it for 10:00. We hadn't planned on getting off the ship, so we slept in a bit, and arranged for a leisurely breakfast. I'm not sure how early it can be delivered.

Please keep in mind that the UBB is actually more like an elegant brunch, and it is a lot of food. The lavish spread includes a large tray of mini-donuts, muffins, and Danish, fresh fruit on a bed of baby greens, a divine crabmeat quiche, a split of champagne, coffee or tea. We saved the pastry tray for nibbling for the next couple of days and could barely finish the rest of the meal, but it was worth every penny. Don't miss it!

Eventually, we will do the "Ultimate Balcony Dinner," perhaps when we cruise the Panama Canal or another longer itinerary.

Bon Appetit and Bon Voyage!

Chris

We just got off the Caribbean Princess on Saturday. I ordered the Champagne Balcony Breakfast ($25) along with chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of Moet by calling Princess directly and then when we got on the ship, I asked our room steward to check on it for us, which he did. We had the strawberries and Moet in our room by the time we set sail and Room service called that evening to confirm when we wanted to have it. This was Saturday. Our anniversary was on Monday and I was able to have it delivered at 11am I believe. The champagne is Moet, ciche (sp?) was mushroom and onion (YUM), fresh fruit, salmon (locks), breads and pasteries. They will leave one of the door hangers in your room to fill out what you want as far as drinks. We had orange juice, milk and coffee. It is well worth the $25.00.

As many have said, the coffee in the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe is really nasty. Coffee in the dining rooms and Room service was great! We ordered coffee pretty much every morning from room service.

Many ways - Princess makes sure you don't miss out on it.

1. You can pre-book by calling Princess directly

2. Order it from room service once you arrive

3. You will get a form from your room steward they day before the Highlight day for us it was Tracey Arm

4. The waitress in the dining room will probably suggest it the night before the highlight day and will give you a card you can fill out.

It was so worth it for us ($25 per couple). We had fresh fruit, bagels, salmon, lobster quiche, champagne, pasteries, hot cocoa, tea,

I'd say it really doesn't matter if your balcony is covered or uncovered. if it rains, it would still be pretty damp on the balcony.

Please keep in mind that the UBB is actually more like an elegant brunch, and it is a lot of food.
We plan to share the breakfast with my parents that have a balcony next door. They can order coffee and juice from room service. Hopefully, the balcony divider will open between our balconies. We would just like to order very early since we start the canal adventure around 7:00 am.

Good point! That's something I never though about with having an open balcony. It's one thing to have people up above watching you, yet another for them to see you eating. Perhaps they will see you have a special meal, and all go back inside to give you some privacy. :D

Dear Iamthesea, by the sounds of it you're going on an actual tour at 7:00 a.m. if that is the case I don't think you'll have time to really enjoy the ultimate balconey breakfast, its not something you want to rush. I think the earliest you could get it served was 6:30 a.m. and it took us about 1.5 to 2 hours to enjoy it all. Of course we weren't going on any tours and had the entire day to enjoy the canal from our balconey so we weren't rushing.

Archived