So how do you order Ultimate Balcony Breakfast?

tep65

Dear Iamthesea, by the sounds of it you're going on an actual tour at 7:00 a.m.
7:00 am is the time the ship begins it's trek through the canal. We would like to enjoy our breakfast during that time. We do have the train excursion later in the day, but not sure of the time (I hope it is not 7:00! :eek: .)

It will be quite a bit later in the morning before tours begin. It takes quite awhile to get cued up to the lock, and then to get through and anchored in the lake. And, then you'll have to tender to your tour. Even the 7:00 a.m. time is an appointment, not a certainty. That can vary.

As to the question about privacy during your meal, under normal circumstances, I think most people would give you some space. But, if you schedule your meal during the locks (and a lot of people do), I wouldn't expect people are going to leave their balcony to give you a more private breakfast. For most people, this is the highlight of the trip, and they are going to want to be outside watching the action. If you want complete privacy, though, they will serve this breakfast in your cabin.

The only selections you'll make yourself are the time the breakfast is served, and the beverages. The rest is a fixed menu.

It will be quite a bit later in the morning before tours begin. It takes quite awhile to get cued up to the lock, and then to get through and anchored in the lake. And, then you'll have to tender to your tour. Even the 7:00 a.m. time is an appointment, not a certainty. That can vary.

Mary - Thank you so much! I have asked many times about the time of our excursion (because the booking engine says "To be determined") and have not been able to get an answer. Very helpful post. ;)

On our Panama Canal crossing in April, the UBD was not available. We asked about it at Purser's Desk when we bordered. UBB was not either, as far as we know. We had a mini-suite, tho, and ordered full breakfast from Room Service. Didn't get the champagne w/ it, however. That & quiche, etc. would have been worth the $25.

I ordered (via telephone call to Princess) the ultimate breakfast for our holiday cruise and I forgot to ask about the menu. I am hoping it will be available for the Panama Canal but if not we are flexible and will just order cabin service. I admit to being disappointed that the ultimate dinner does not appear to be an option lately on the Coral. That’s ok we can have cabin service and order champagne and enjoy our time even without the fun of someone serving me for a change! LOL

I know this is going to sound crazy but.... what if you don't have a balcony?? But you want to order it just to have a romantic breakfast with your DH?? Is it available for regular outside rooms and inside room??

I didn't think that was a crazy question! I was wonderin' the same thing myself!

Glad you asked!

If you don't have a balcony room, you probably should call Room Service early in your trip and make the arrangements. The balcony cabins will get a flyer advertising the breakfast -- but I don't know whether the other cabins would. If you don't want to miss out, you may have to take the initiative to arrange it on your own.

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...
As many have said, the coffee in the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe is really nasty. Coffee in the dining rooms and Room service was great! We ordered coffee pretty much every morning from room service.

I've read that lots of people bring a small coffee pot. Why do they bother if room service coffee is good? Is it delivered promptly? I want it as soon as I get up.

Our room service coffee was okay, not great, and not always piping hot. But it was always delivered on time (if not early). We filled out the card the night before and told them what time we wanted it delivered. It usually arrived 15 minutes early. When we called room service for something, they were very prompt. Got there in less than 10 minutes every time. The turkey club and tuna sandwiches are very good...you can get them with either chips or fries.

Archived