my poor neighbors

picantel

I was talking to them last night and they told me they would be on the sunshine in a couple of weeks. When I asked them what deck they were on they said the carnival agent told them deck 3 was good so they took it. The only rooms on deck 3 are forward under the stage/liquid lounge. Has anyone stayed there and will this be as bad as I think it is? Back in May I went on the sunshine and some guy was at guest relations literally screaming at them because he was deck 3 and the noise kept him up all night.

I was talking to them last night and they told me they would be on the sunshine in a couple of weeks. When I asked them what deck they were on they said the carnival agent told them deck 3 was good so they took it. The only rooms on deck 3 are forward under the stage/liquid lounge. Has anyone stayed there and will this be as bad as I think it is? Back in May I went on the sunshine and some guy was at guest relations literally screaming at them because he was deck 3 and the noise kept him up all night.

It's hard when people book without doing research, and trust the word and opinion of a TA or Rep (who may have never cruised). This is the prime reason I book on-line, directly with Carnival after doing my research on the ship, itinerary and looked at a good set of deck plans.

Is it possible for them to change locations ?? Even an inside on Lido is preferable to their current location. If not, suggest a good set of ear plugs...maybe they are night owls and it won't bother them.

I would agree that these aren't the best cabins, but unless they're in the middle group of 4C cabins, they could be okay, especially in the 4Js along the sides and the ones closer to the excursion and guest services desks, or even the very front 4Cs

The problem is the lounge becomes a nightclub, and it sounds like they didn't sound proof that area, especially where they put the new cabins.

You stated "they took it". So, what cabin did they "take"? Apparently it wasn't a guarantee, so that means what you saw as cabins available wouldn't even apply.

They will be fine....do NOT involve yourself in their vacation! The more info you give them, the less they will enjoy the discovery process. Wish them well, and then, be quiet!

Yes I agree best answer so far! This will be a teachable moment for your neighbors.

I have not heard good things about these cabins. Yes when the liquid lounge becomes a nightclub you'll hear thumping bass in those cabins. Unless they are night owls they should switch.

Edited by Froufie

Unfortunately, they did NOT ask for your opinion so it's probably best to just let them find out for themselves. ;)

LuLu