Not Quite Live from the Emerald Princess with lots of pictures, menus, etc....

andy.capitan

Thanks for your photo review, excellent pistures.

Speaking of corn on the cob, I always have hated it on cruises. Soggy, tasteless etc etc. On the Regal in Oct we had the best that we have tasted on a cruise. :D

You're welcome. That corn was good - think it might have been the only time I had it on this cruise.

Looking forward to more of your review. We were getting off of the ship' date=' when you were boarding. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Clair[/quote']

You're welcome and thank you!

The first sea day was very lazy but started out interestingly enough. There was some sort of propulsion issue and the Captain made an announcement around 8am. They would have to slowly bring the engines down and it sounded a lot like one would have to be rebooted?? Anyway, apparently some sort of problem with a water pump which was quickly fixed - less than 30 minutes I'd say from start to finish, but it is always interesting when a ship is floating dead in the water.

I heard later a few people at breakfast had panic attacks, but it was really much ado about nothing.

Just floating around...

DSC_2770_Zyde10.jpg

DSC_2771_Zyde10.jpg

DSC_2773_Zyde10.jpg

Fish and Chips with Mushy Peas

DSC_2783_Zyde10.jpg

Steak & Kidney Pie

DSC_2784_Zyde10.jpg

Both were very good but there wasn't a lot of filling in the steak & kidney pie. Still quite tasty and better than the variety served at the International Cafe. We passed on dessert but perhaps should not have, because the desserts did not repeat.

I noticed in several places in Emerald that if you went through a door, there wasn't always an easy way for you to return. Once in particular is at the back of Skywalker's where you can lock yourself out and have no way to return. The things I do for pictures. :eek:

oops

DSC_2797_Zyde10.jpg

DSC_2798_Zyde10.jpg

DSC_2799_Zyde10.jpg

DSC_2800_Zyde10.jpg

DSC_2801_Zyde10.jpg

but I managed to escape.

French Onion Soup,

DSC_2842_Zyde10.jpg

Grilled Medallions of Beef Tenderloin with Madeira-Truffle Demi-Glace,

DSC_2844_Zyde10.jpg

Grilled Medallions of Beef Tenderloin with Madeira-Truffle Demi-Glace,

DSC_2846_Zyde10.jpg

Oreo Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie,

DSC_2847_Zyde10.jpg

Bananas Foster Flambé,

DSC_2848_Zyde10.jpg

Gourmandises

DSC_2850_Zyde10.jpg

If you are zydecorder and I apologize for the spelling..........You did an act of kindness for me years ago. I have never forgotten. My husband and I had just started cruising , and we were booked on the Freedom. We wanted a Table for two, and I posted on Cruise Critic how much I wanted one, but did not expect to get one.

You sent me a diagram of every table in the Assigned Time Dining room. I was able to pick a small table..sort of under the Grand Stairway from the Fourth Deck, beg the Maitre D' and we got it. we had a grand Time.

I will always appreciate that act of kindness from someone who never met me. Thank you.

Edited by AmberTeka