LIVE from Silhouette and Eclipse. OUR HOLIDAY ADVENTURE!!! Dec 14 to Jan 4th

chicagopaul

We did not get a boarding schedule email. We are at the hotel now almost all packed and about to head to the port. Hopefully we won't have any problems. Fingers crossed!

It is a beautiful day here. Sunny and warm! Can't beat it! I think we have plenty of liquor in our systems from last night...but I can't wait to get a drink on board and finally, truly, relax.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1418575241.741032.jpg.15888e1cd491363102c9e9b53a706b87.jpgwe are checking in. It is about 11:40. Quite a line! But it is moving. Everyone at the port and security has been very friendly. The line for Aqua and above is practically empty. Unfortunately we are just concierge on this leg.

Hopefully we are on board soon a do can start answering your questions.

With regard to the email celebrity has been sending out about check in times...you can ignore. No one is checking. Come at your leisure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you summarize what that says?

Sure! It says the following Celebrity Silhouette is currently experiencing minor restriction on her top speed which requires slight modifications to your port times. Your sailing will still call to the same ports, on the same days with just a half hour to hour adjustments.

Cozumel: 7am to 3:30pm

Grand Cayman: 11am to 6pm

Falmouth Jamaica from 8am to 4pm

Labadee from 11:30am to 6pm

[ATTACH]333808[/ATTACH]we are checking in. It is about 11:40. Quite a line! But it is moving. Everyone at the port and security has been very friendly. The line for Aqua and above is practically empty. Unfortunately we are just concierge on this leg.

Hopefully we are on board soon a do can start answering your questions.

With regard to the email celebrity has been sending out about check in times...you can ignore. No one is checking. Come at your leisure.

Thanks , we came a little later and got right on instead of 2:30 as the email said

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

First drink ordered at Sunset. It's 1pm now. Had a quick lunch in ocean view which was not that crowded surprisingly.

We've purchased our premium beverage package and have to put it to use! Below are the little table menus at sunset.

ImageUploadedByForums1418580078.854186.jpg.fb5978ce6d692351aeff5217601d4b7f.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418580056.910163.jpg.2e7ac61b5c66db4ff1382167c43b7e1e.jpg

Edited by chicagopaul

we will see you guys at the sunset bar of the eclipse on the 21st after muster. Say hello to Hector and Ilya at the martini bar on the silhouette from Jan and David Randall.

If Milton is working the sunset bar on silly shout him by calling 'jingle bells' not Milton

He will be really pleased

Edited by Tiggertastic

we will see you guys at the sunset bar of the eclipse on the 21st after muster. Say hello to Hector and Ilya at the martini bar on the silhouette from Jan and David Randall.

If Milton is working the sunset bar on silly shout him by calling 'jingle bells' not Milton

He will be really pleased

Will do! We love Hector! We met him last year on the reflection! Absolute the best.

Here is a quick video of our cabin. C1 Aft pardon my voice. A little hungover and slept with our balcony door open at the hotel which activated my allergies.

We are so grateful to be able to travel on Celebrity for 21 days, this is true bliss! Any other questions about the ship let us know. We truly want to give back to all Cruise Critic has given us.

Cheers!

Love, love love your review. Was watching your video, Just a friendly hint, if you are using an iPhone if you hold it sideways rather than up and down it won't put those big black bars on the sides of your videos.

Cant wait to see what you post for the next 21 days. If you could get some pictures of the bartenders that would be great.

Norma

So glad your trip has started well. Enjoy!

And seeing that you will be sailing on the Eclipse with Jan and Dave (Tiggertastic), you are in for a treat and great company at the Martini Bar :)

If you could find out if Yopi is still at the Martini Bar on the Silhouette, I would appreciate it. He was wonderful to our family when we sailed her in June and even let our college-aged son try his hand at pouring multiple martinis behind the bar!

Hello!!

If you have a chance to take a picture of the classic beverage menu I would really appreciate, I am sailing on celebrity in the next few weeks.

Thank

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Forums

I wrote the following yesterday on the 15th while on the ship.

The first day on board was great. We are in cabin 1411 which is an aft C1. We've noticed some soot on the balcony but it is not too bad. Francisco is our room attendant and he is excellent. Room is spotless, he's refilled our ice bucket today without asking and even made a towel animal, photo below.

We are in select dining. Yesterday we ate around 8:00. We had to wait about 20 minutes but select is now using pagers for those waiting. We were able to grab a drink at the martini bar while waiting. Unfortunately Hector is no longer at the martini bar. He is on vacation, but good for him, he deserves it.

First night dinner was good and service was spotless. Sanjay was our waiter and we hope to get him again. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to server etiquette (how they remove plates from the table, what side they serve food from, etc). There a reason behind this madness as properly serving from certain sides lowers the risk of glasses being knocked over, food spilled, etc. I once had a tragic experience at a restaurant at home when the server knocked over a full glass of red wine all over me and my white shirt. Anyway, I will digress. My point of saying all this is Sanjay and his team were absolutely perfect. We've requested them again for tonight, I hope we get them!

After dinner we went to the Martini bar and chatted with random people, our favorite! We've met several people from Cruise Critic already and have met a few others including another couple from Chicago. We drank way too much. I lost count of the number of Blu Martinis I had. Edward was drinking kettle one and soda.

Today we slept in and made it to the pool area around 10:45. We have chairs right by the mast grill. Their burger was great. They also have turkey and vegetarian burgers as well as hot dogs.

The house band Soul is very good and they're playing by the pool a lot. I much prefer live music over DJ. They're playing all types of music. I'm longing though for some Sinatra and a glass of good bourbon. Maybe Ensemble lounge can help me get my fix later?

Well, it is about 3:15 right now. I've finally has my first drink. I usually am drinking with breakfast on vacation but I needed some time to recover from the previous days

The people on the ship. I've noticed there are many first timers as I see them looking lost and not sure where to go to find a bar or thin cafe, etc. The age mix is across the board. It's a younger crowded compared other Celebrity cruises I've been on. Some children, but not a ton. So far I am enjoying the crowd on board. Everyone is very courteous and polite. As in typical Celebrity fashion everyone is talkative.

Tonight is formal night. I love formal nights. I brought a suit and a tux. I think I will just wear the suit tonight.

Well, I am off to continue my drink! Tomorrow is Cozumel. We will find wifi and that is when this will actually be posted. Keep the questions coming if you have any at all!

Sent from my iPad

Today we are in Cozumel. As I've mentioned before we are not excursion people. We walked from the port to downtown....it's quite a long walk. Around 35 minutes but it is beautiful outside. Sunny, around 78 I would say and a slight breeze. Right now I am sitting in Jimmy Buffets since I trust their wifi. We are at the bar with a beautiful view of the water. The staff here is always very friendly and relaxed.

So yesterday was formal night. Almost everyone abided by the dress code. We saw a good handful of tuxedos which I always like to see. We met several new couples at the martini bar and discussed everything from the ship to traveling to of course our favorite drinks and bartenders.

We both wore dark suits. I will likely wear my tux on the last formal night. For dinner last night I has the duck, Edward the lamb. Duck was very good. Edward wasn't crazy about the lamb but he didn't have much of an appetite. We then went back to the martini bar for a cocktail and then off to the captains show. I always enjoy the production shows. There is one female singer on board who is excellent. I will try to get her name.

After the show we wee hoping to go to the Sin City comedy show but it started at 11:30 and the captains show did not let out until around midnight. So we hit the martini bar again (notice a trend here?) and then went to Quasar which actually had a good handful of people in it. We then wanted to check out the Sky Lounge but it was already closed. So we went back to the room and ordered room service.

This morning we arrived in Cozumel early, around 7 I believe. We are in the aft of ship so we felt her docking.

I will do my best to get answers to questions above. I will post a classic drink menu. The bartenders I've met at the martini bar are currently Caglar who was on the Constellation not too long ago and Gusti. Hector is off on vacation.