LIVE from Silhouette and Eclipse. OUR HOLIDAY ADVENTURE!!! Dec 14 to Jan 4th

chicagopaul

Just terrific review so far!!! We are sailing on the Silhouette (1/18/15) and are very excited to be sailing on Celebrity again. We are both Elite and we have the better beverage package to enjoy!! Enjoy and many thanks for the great reporting in that your are doing!!! John & Priscilla :) :)

I'm really enjoying this review...we were on the Silhouette in June and enjoyed Soul as well. We'll be on the Eclipse in Feb so am looking forward to your review of that upcoming.

I didn't see the pic you posted of the towel animal and the other pics are too small for me to read, even when I click on them...is there a trick to enlarging them, something I'm not doing correctly?

Keep up the good work and enjoy your holidays!

Cathy

I'm really enjoying this review...we were on the Silhouette in June and enjoyed Soul as well. We'll be on the Eclipse in Feb so am looking forward to your review of that upcoming.

I didn't see the pic you posted of the towel animal and the other pics are too small for me to read, even when I click on them...is there a trick to enlarging them, something I'm not doing correctly?

Keep up the good work and enjoy your holidays!

Cathy

I'm posting the photos from my phone through the app. Maybe that's why they're small? Let me try a few right below. Hopefully they'll be better. If not please let me know. When we switch ships I can try to upload from my laptop using a hotspot from my iPad. ImageUploadedByForums1418750077.438657.jpg.4268d0ba45fb6444cdb7660977771a03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1418749801.611927.jpg.85dfb05d05a9913f5018304d8898aca2.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418749905.975868.jpg.e2b46ce9e3a317a6c6e8f35d5e4027d5.jpg

Thank You SO MUCH for doing this! My DH and I are on the Silhouette Feb 15 for our 1st Celebrity Cruise and as if I weren't excited enough already, your posts/information are making me JUST THAT MORE excited!

We also have the drink pkg and will be upgrading onboard (to use OBC) and I have a feeling that the martini and molecular bars will be where we will be spending quite a bit of our evening time. :D I'll have to be very disciplined, so that I won't need too much recovery time the next day!! :p

We are also Select...so I have a question please...about the tables for two in the MDR. Are there very many of them? And are any located in close proximity to windows? Particularly at breakfast, it's always nice to be able to see outside when in the MDR...especially when coming into port.

Thanks so much!

Paul thanks for posting live we are on the Silhouette Feb 8th it will be our 5th Celebrity cruise 1st time on the Silhouette. We just had our 2nd snow of the year here in central MN and I am know dreaming of warm blue water along with your updates I am getting in cruise mode have a great Holiday.:)

Thanks for taking the time to post. Your posts and pictures are very informative. My wife and I will be on Eclipse on Jan. 4, 2015 and are already cruising with you vicariously.

One of my co-workers and her husband are on the same cruise you are reporting on currently, so that is also very interesting to us. Her name is Nancy from Columbia, Missouri and she is retiring shortly after this cruise. Happy Cruising and Merry Christmas!

Sorry for the delay in posting! We decided not to get off in Grand Cayman. We arrived s bit late, I think around 11:30 and tendering took a while. Open tender didn't start until 2pm and last tender back was at 5:30 so we just stayed on the ship. But we can't complain! If you plan to tender in the grand cayman get up early and get a tender ticket right away. Instructions on where to go will be listed I your daily.

Last night we saw the production show which was quite good. We then of course hit the martini bar after and ended up drinking with one of the singers and a few of the dancers. It's always a lot of fun to talk with ship staff about ship life.

Martini Bartender Caglar, who was previously on the Constellation is expecting his first son this week! His wife is at home and is expecting any day now. She also works for Celebrity. He's been hilarious and a great bartender.

We continue to get the same staff, Sangay in Select dining. Our room steward continues to be great. Another towel animal the other night. We also did receive the concierge canvas bag. It is a much better bag than the standard one and works well for carrying bottles of water, my iPad, etc.

Our aft cabin has great views but we personally have felt the motion of the boat in the back. Not a wonderful thing but not terrible. We only noticed it the other day around grand cayman as the waters were a bit choppy.

Weather has been decent. Not very warm but not cool. Today we are in Jamaica and I am typing to you from an interesting Internet cafe that appears to be owned and run by an American. It was suppose to rain today but when we woke it was sunny and sound 80/82.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have yet to see the Sin City comedy show. They had it again last night but we missed it. Hopefully they have it once more and we will get to see it. They had the Liquid show in the Solarium the other night. I have plenty of photos but can't upload them now, once we switch ships I will upload the photos for you. We met a couple that has RCI as a client so they has VIP status. They were kind enough to get us into the VIP area of the liquid party which was just a little roped off area but it was nice of them and it was nice to meet the Michaels Club host. Anka? Definitely spelling it wrong. Maybe Inka? Anyway, she is a ball of fun with loads of energy.

The live bands continue throughout the ship. I didn't notice the y the pool yesterday at all but it was a port day. The DJ with a sax is by the martini bar in the evenings and the house band soul has been playing in the atrium in the early evening. I wish they played just a bit more!

How was room service?!

I quite like getting something in the room after a few drinks :-)

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

Room service was good! They've been delivering relatively quickly, within 20/30 minutes and everything has turned out good from pizza to hotdog to salads.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Having some health issues and found this thread. Nice to escape.

We sailed the Silhouette western itinerary last spring and had a great time. Labadee was the surprise for us. Had a wonderful day there.

Enjoy and Happy Cruising.

We are looking forward to Labadee tomorrow! I'm glad you are enjoying the thread. Thanks for commenting and I hope you get well!

Great posts! Tom and I will obviously meet you at the Martini bar on the Eclipse on Sunday!

Have fun!

Dale

Look forward to meeting you at the Martini bar! Hoping our livers continue to remain strong haha!

ChicagoPaul, would you please do me a great favor and sometime check the rear dining room for a nice table for 2(number)that is not to close to the other tables for us. I have heard that they are with in a few inches of each other. We are going to be on the Silhouette on Jan. 18th and are doing the late seating. I have tried to go through Celebrity, but they will not tell me much. Hope you guys are enjoying your cruise!!! Many thanks kind sir!!! John & Priscilla :)

ChicagoPaul, would you please do me a great favor and sometime check the rear dining room for a nice table for 2(number)that is not to close to the other tables for us. I have heard that they are with in a few inches of each other. We are going to be on the Silhouette on Jan. 18th and are doing the late seating. I have tried to go through Celebrity, but they will not tell me much. Hope you guys are enjoying your cruise!!! Many thanks kind sir!!! John & Priscilla :)

Hint -- go see the Maitre'd as soon as you are onboard. He'll do his best to accommodate your request. :cool:

This will be our 79th cruise. We know about seeing senior Maitre D. We were just trying get a jump on getting a nice table before boarding the Silhouette. Many thanks. John & Priscilla

Hi John,

Try calling 1-800-242-6374 -- that's been working for me lately. Ask for one of the tables by the "Wine Rack" area. There are a half a dozen good ones there (loads of space). Many people swear by:

Domy Valdes = dhidalgo@rccl.com he will send an email.

Good Luck!

Kel:)