OOPS! Forgot to buy trip insurance!

Mrs. Squirrel

I have so much going on right now that I forgot to buy my CSA policy within the 24 hours of final trip payment (12/11/14) necessary to secure the pre-existing conditions waiver! :eek:

The primary reason we purchase travel insurance is because we have elderly (88 & 94) parents. The pre-existing conditions waiver has always been important, because they both have health issues.

I have spent some time on both insuremytrip and tripinsurancestore looking at options. It seems that a policy with a 60 day pre-existing conditions look-back period may be our next best option. My understanding is that only conditions that had med changes or flare ups during the 60 days prior to trip purchase purchase would be excluded from coverage-which they don't have. Do those with insurance experience agree with my thinking? Am I understanding this clause correctly?

Thanks for the help.

g? Am I understanding this clause correctly?

Thanks for the help.

What we say is absolutely irrelevant since we are not selling you the insurance or writing the policies. What any insurance broker says verbally is also irrelevant although not as irrelevant as the previous sentence since they should have some knowledge of their policies.

You need to call InsureMyTrip or any agent you are considering and present your problem to them. Then ask them to confirm their answer in writing and maybe even read the actual policy.

I am afraid that the easy way out of asking us will not get you reliable answers.

DON

What we say is absolutely irrelevant since we are not selling you the insurance or writing the policies. What any insurance broker says verbally is also irrelevant although not as irrelevant as the previous sentence since they should have some knowledge of their policies.

You need to call InsureMyTrip or any agent you are considering and present your problem to them. Then ask them to confirm their answer in writing and maybe even read the actual policy.

I am afraid that the easy way out of asking us will not get you reliable answers.

DON

You actually raise a good point. Every time I have called my travel insurer, there is always a statement the call is being recorded. Were a representative to say something during that conversation that I rely upon to be accurate........ would requesting they review the tape of the conversation be a valid request and do me any good to prove I heard what I think I heard?