Barcelona excursions

Newcruiser1996

I pre-booked HOHO tickets in the UK and got them a lot cheaper using an online code.

However, the amount of time that we had in Barcelona meant that the only time we had was to get off at the Famillia Segrado for a quick walk around the outside and a quick coffee then didn't have time to get off the next bus at any other stop (except to change from the red to the blue route and vica-verca).

I pre-booked HOHO tickets in the UK and got them a lot cheaper using an online code.

However, the amount of time that we had in Barcelona meant that the only time we had was to get off at the Famillia Segrado for a quick walk around the outside and a quick coffee then didn't have time to get off the next bus at any other stop (except to change from the red to the blue route and vica-verca).

I agree the hop on hop off bus is a great way of seeing Barcelona. However if you are going to see Sagrada Familia, I would just get a taxi, it cost us €6.75 to get there, from the square at the top of las ramblas. It cost Round €15 to get in and the que was quite large, you might be better buying the tickets on the net.

You could of course go to the neu camp for a tour and a look at the museum, or go to the Olympic park amoungst other things

I've been several times and agree that the HOHO bus is a great way to see the city as is getting the P and O shuttle then walking up Las Ramblas.

I did go on the Gaudi tour taking in a drive around the city, the Familia Sagrada full tour, and the lovely park with the great views where he intended to build a whole village but only one house was sold; it's still there, as are the communal areas with their scultures and great views. our guide was fantastic and I loved it!

We did an excursion to Montserrat and hated the place - the view was ok but didn't like the church at all. Would not recommend.

The church is very popular - hence crowds and unpleasantly long queues - but the furnicular railway that goes further up the mountain is usually not crowded, and it offers better views.

Edited by lake5298

The church is very popular - hence crowds and unpleasantly long queues - but the furnicular railway that goes further up the mountain is usually not crowded, and it offers better views.

There were no queues and we didn't go into the church. Don't get us wrong we aren't anti church or anything like that. We just didn't like the feel of the place.

Like we said, the views were nice.

Just can't put our finger in what we didn't like. Some places just ooze atmosphere of the best kind. This place didn't. Gave us the creeps.