DCL shuttle bus or private?

RdhAnd mom

This may seem like this has been discussed before. Slightly different. Returning from disney dream to port Canaveral. My flight is at 11:40 am. I heard about onboard check in. My question, is it risky to take the DCL bus and have to wait for it to fill up before leaving? Does it usually fill up quickly? I don't want to have to sit and wait an hr and risk missing my flight.

Next question. I'm taking my 11 yr old who loves to swim. Is it worth it to go to Atlantis? My trip is in January and the weather could be chilly. Is the water heated?

This may seem like this has been discussed before. Slightly different. Returning from disney dream to port Canaveral. My flight is at 11:40 am. I heard about onboard check in. My question, is it risky to take the DCL bus and have to wait for it to fill up before leaving? Does it usually fill up quickly? I don't want to have to sit and wait an hr and risk missing my flight.

Next question. I'm taking my 11 yr old who loves to swim. Is it worth it to go to Atlantis? My trip is in January and the weather could be chilly. Is the water heated?

According to Disney recommendations, that is cutting it a bit close, although many cruisers will tell you you'll be fine.

Here's a thread that has some related info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2095085

From what we observed, the early lines to disembark were a bit long, as was the wait at customs. We were one of the first off and were on the road by 9:00. I can't remark on the busses. Our family used Happy Limo to MCO and were very pleased.

We travel light and walk off as soon as customs releases the ship and departure is allowed. Usually on the road by 8:30 to 9:00 AM. When we fly in/out for the cruise, we use Disney transportation since we stay at WDW a day or two before and after the cruise.

I would recommend private limo transportation to the airport with a flight before noon.

OK, I trust you are on a participating airline. If you go with private transfers, you can't do the onboard check in. That alone is worth the cost of transfers IMHO!

As to waiting a long time for a bus to the airport....not a problem if you get off before 8. Disembarkation typically starts at 7:30 and there are always a lot of people who want to get off early. If you wait till 8:45, you may end up waiting (we have), but not common if you get off early.

Cost of private is about the same as 3 1/2-4 people on DCL transfers, so not really a factor here. The only question is which matters more--onboard check in or vehicle leaving as soon as you are seated.