Hope I didnt make a mistake!

jp30338

Cancelled my Celebrity on Summit for 7 days for the Breeze 8 days on 3/28 in the Southern Carribbean, thanks to the 24hr sail.

I figured Celebrity was $699/pp plus free drink package but with the port intensive itinerary its difficult to party late and be up early in the AM and then get only one sea day.

With Carnival get 4 ports but with 3 sea days to actually relax for $640/pp.

I usually vow never to sail Carnival again, but this deal was too good to pass imo...

Hope the Breeze isnt as gawdy and in your face ugly decor as the other Carnivals ships, and looking at reviews it doesnt seem that way. :cool:

This is why I hate these types of forums. The written word only. I have no voice inflection or facial expressions to go with what I'm hearing you say.

My original impression when just reading is to step back in a defensive posture and get ready for a fight.

I'm going to assume I'm wrong and assume you're a very nice person just looking for validation.

Therefore, no, the Breeze is nothing like the Joe Farcus designed interiors. It's very muted in neutral tones.

I hope you have a lovely cruise.

With that said, I hope nobody will mind me saying that with a price that close........ I'd have gone with Celebrity! But it seems you're after a relaxing come party atmosphere, which I'm sure you'll get with your choice. I've never sailed Celebrity yet so can't comment on that.

Enjoy!

If you want to have fun and relax, stick with Celebrity... If you want to have fun, but party and be crazy, go with Carnival ESPECIALLY because you're cruising smack in the middle of Spring Break which means Carnival will be filled with kids that week...

If you want to have fun and relax, stick with Celebrity... If you want to have fun, but party and be crazy, go with Carnival ESPECIALLY because you're cruising smack in the middle of Spring Break which means Carnival will be filled with kids that week...

I'd probably have gone with Celebrity...

lol, I dont think it will be that bad since it is 8 days and going to the southern carribbean. Ive been on Carnival when when LSU had their spring break, and it was crazzyy, but entertaining to say the least, lol.

I found on the Southern Carribbean routes with one sea day,to be quite exhausting when especailly with excursions booked every day in the ports.

The vastly more desirable itinerary, the complimentary drink package, and Celebrity's overall better reviews and experience would've been enough reasons for me to go with the Summit.

Dont get me wrong. I think that the Breeze will most likely be an enjoyable cruise, but I think that the Summit will deliver the more memorable experience.

Cancelled my Celebrity on Summit for 7 days for the Breeze 8 days on 3/28 in the Southern Carribbean, thanks to the 24hr sail.

I figured Celebrity was $699/pp plus free drink package but with the port intensive itinerary its difficult to party late and be up early in the AM and then get only one sea day.

I usually vow never to sail Carnival again, but this deal was too good to pass imo...

Hope the Breeze isnt as gawdy and in your face ugly decor as the other Carnivals ships, and looking at reviews it doesnt seem that way. :cool:

Since you already re-booked no reason beat yourself up. Spring Breaks are crazy on any ship especially Canival. We sailed a month ago with about 300 kids. During the vacation time, there are about 1.3 K kids. Celebrity would be much better option during Spring Break. Hopefully you got a balcony so you can escape the crowds. We sailed HAL during the break with 400 kids and NCL Breakaway with 1.8K kids. Planning to avoid any vacation/breaks in the spring or during Jersey week in November when sailing form NY/NJ ports

Edited by newcruiser08820
extra wording

The Breeze is a beautiful ship and not gawdy at all! We sailed it in December 2012. Having said that, I just got off the Celebrity Reflection and it was an amazing cruise. I had the drink package and was perfectly able to get up the next morning after a late night. You just have to spread out your drinking through the day, that's all. I love Carnival, am almost (4 cruises short) of Diamond status, but honestly, I love Celebrity as well. I am booked on two Celebrity ships in 2015 and will be on a Carnival ship in two weeks. I just love to cruise. You didn't make a mistake. All lines have good and bad. Enjoy your cruise.

The vastly more desirable itinerary, the complimentary drink package, and Celebrity's overall better reviews and experience would've been enough reasons for me to go with the Summit.

Dont get me wrong. I think that the Breeze will most likely be an enjoyable cruise, but I think that the Summit will deliver the more memorable experience.

This.

The summit route isn’t anything special, imo. Been to all those ports before except Grenada and Dominica. I have always wanted to go to Aruba and Curacao, never been to La Romana, but been to Samana in the DR., and I LOVE the Turks.

Also with Summit there is no steakhouse and their specialty restaurants are just, meh.

Plus I want to take full advantage of the drink package which is tough on port intensive cruises.

I truly wanted the more upscale/contemporary vibe, which is why I stay with RCCL typically and said I'll never sail on Carnival again, but Carnival's 8 day Southern routes are just not offered by anyone else, and especailly not for $640/pp for IS guarantee. I dont care about my room, as Im only in it to sleep and oher adult stuff ;)

Edited by jp30338

We are Platinum Level with Carnival and Elite with Celebrity. In the past we loved both of these lines. I am not ashamed to say that I was a big fan of the "gaudy" interiors on Carnival Cruise Lines because they were so different.

Carnival always gave you the biggest bang for the buck. With that being said, I have become disillusioned with Carnival because their cutbacks are starting to affect the quality of the cruise. From my and my friends experiences it appears that Carnival is now overcrowded with too little entertainment and mediocre food.

However the Breeze is a new class of ship. I would certainly suggest trying it, it disappointed go back to Celebrity.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

The good old days where you paid less and got equal or even more than the competition are gone.

Only you can decide if what you saved was worth it. Buying down doesn't always work out.

I sailed the Breeze last year 3/29 and they ship was sold out with Spring Break. A lot of kids and energy, but the ship is beautiful and not gawdy. Don't beat yourself up and enjoy. The itinerary is really worth it, plus you got a great deal. Can't be that. :p

Interesting. I've haven't sailed any ship on any line that I thought was gaudy. :confused:

Edited by Out to sea!

Sounds like a good plan to me. I like sea days too, and I agree they are very relaxing.

Be sure you make it to the sea day brunch on your sea days. It doesn't start real early, so you can still sleep in.

Hope you enjoy your Breeze cruise.

I sailed on the Summit back in 2010. She was a fairly old ship then, so now that another 4 years have passed, she is far from the latest and greatest ship out there. The Breeze is a much newer ship, and while I have not yet sailed on her (although I hope to do the itinerary you are doing at some point!), I hope you enjoy the extra sea days and have a chance to check out everything that ship has to offer. Most of the Breeze reviews are positive, and she has many more dining options than the Summit, so I think you made a good choice. Either way, enjoy your cruise and be sure to come back and let us know how it went! :)

Carnival definitely has some gaudy decor. I can't stand the look of the Miracle. The Splendor is right up there in the ugly range.

Haven't been on the Miracle or Splendor. Sailed the Liberty, Glory, Fantasy, Ecstasy, Triumph, and Jubilee and like the look of all of them.