this promo or one better?

daisey22

I was hoping for another 10% OBC since neither food nor drink packages work for us. 10% would have resulted in twice the OBC of this offer (no suites, here). AARP doesn't stack with this so the value of the OBC lessens. However, I can see the value of the promo for many. If depends on what works for you. For the 20 day cruise I was waiting to book, I'm going to go for inside now that the promo isn't of value to me. Over the next 9 months, I may see something that works for us. Good luck with your choice.

Sent from my son's iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

The better "promo", if you will, is last minute price drops.

Prices are inflated right now to compensate for this "promotion". Some may see a substantial net savings, but most are paying inflated fares for the promo.

My next cruise is up over $1000 pp today compared to two months ago. Other sailings for next year are up over $900 pp compared to what I sailed just three weeks ago.

No free lunch...

Edited by triptolemus

I did a mock booking in the Haven on Escape yesterday and the AARP pricing was available for this promo.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what I see. If so, help me out, please.

3e4aa22cb814394333fa39f82dc3e8be.jpg

Edited by Rhea98

Today's rate is the same as it was a month ago when we booked the 10% deal. We had a $460 OBC and AARP rate. With this new promotion, we lost AARP, worth about $200 total and the $460 OBC. In return, we got about $1450 in "savings", which we would have spent otherwise. About $850 or so in "savings". Works for us.

The better "promo", if you will, is last minute price drops.

Prices are inflated right now to compensate for this "promotion". Some may see a substantial net savings, but most are paying inflated fares for the promo.

My next cruise is up over $1000 pp today compared to two months ago. Other sailings for next year are up over $900 pp compared to what I sailed just three weeks ago.

No free lunch...

My cruise price is exactly the same as it was when I first booked it. The price didn't change for the 10% promotion and it didn't change for this promotion either.

Last minute deal is the best. Promo is more of a marketing gimmick.

Totally agree. Those who book last minute with this promo really score. Even the prices on Epic 11 day TA have gone down lately so that those booking ( or rebooking) with this promo get a pretty good deal. It doesn't help me on that trip, but I already have what I want there. Promos work for some travelers and definitely stir up some interest for the cruise lines.

I was booked with the 10% OBC but switched to this one with the beverage package yesterday. Even with the slight price increase it netted out $400 in my favor since we had planned on adding the beverage package anyway.

It really depends on your needs as well as the cabin category booked. Even the OBC with the current promo was better than the 10% I had before for my mini suite but would not have been as good for those in Haven suites.

kids sail free is best if you have 4 in a room.

I agree. I've done the math with the new promo and we are still better off keeping our current booking with kids sail free. Although I do confess, that after payment in full is made and a few weeks before we sail, I'm going to see what the price would be for a studio. I'm the grandma and I'm rooming with daughter, son in law and grandson. Would love to snag a studio at the last minute at a killer price. I am not holding my breath though.

Now that I look at it, I think the best promo was the ALL INCLUSIVE promo. It came with shore excursion credits, photo credits and other stuff and you didn't have to book a Suite to receive it.

I have to disagree because of the cost of the package, it wasn't free by any means. Yes, it might have been great for someone paying for just about every extras onboard anyway, but most people do not.

The current promo is generally one of the best I've seen (at least for people that drink at least couple of drinks a day and have wine with dinner). If you don't have any use for the free drink package, then the deal is just average (even though $200 OBC even for oceanviews is pretty good deal too compared to "normal" OBC promos where oceanviews are lucky to get $50).

Also the price for Jan 2016 cruise I booked today has been steady for the last few weeks and before that, it even dropped a bit so actually we got almost $900* worth of perks (UBP for two) for "free" - that's almost third of the cabin price, so a pretty good discount and way better than 10% OBC promo. (As usual, on top of that our TA gave us about $90pp off the list price and also added $200 OBC for the cabin).

*) Actual value for us is our normal bar bill's worth, maybe around $600-700, we wouldn't pay for UBP ourselves because we do not drink "enough" to warrant it.

Edited by Demonyte

We may be switching over to this new promo from the all inclusive, but are going to work the numbers with our PCC tonight to make sure it's the best deal for us (9 day Baltic cruise). For us the price of the cruise with this promo has dropped from what we initially booked the all inclusive at. We really went with the all inclusive mainly for the dining and beverage packages as the photos, internet, wine, etc. is not that important to us. My quick math has me figuring that we can still keep the dining and beverage packages and move up to an oceanview from an inside and still save roughly $1,000. I did a mock booking, but I want my PCC to double check to make sure that I've included everything like the service charges, so we can end up with the best deal possible for us.

Like others have said, I think this deal is going to be really dependent on the cruise and in my case what extras are most important to us.

Even the prices on Epic 11 day TA have gone down lately so that those booking ( or rebooking) with this promo get a pretty good deal.
Looks like they have removed that TA from the list of eligible sailings. It was there yesterday, gone now :mad:

This is the best promo I have seen in a while, if you are sailing two to a cabin and were planning to purchase the UBP anyway. In that case it is like getting over $400 of OBC per person for a one week cruise, and when was the last time anyone offered you that for booking the cheapest oceanview? :) And if you're booking Europe, even better, you can throw in the UDP, too.

If I already have a 100% paid booking (departing Feb 1), would I even have a chance to get an upgrade to any of these new promotions? I'm thinking that the Drink one would be worth it for our 4 person room (2A/2C). Rates look similar to what we previously booked less than a month ago.

Good promo...if our room wasn't $300/pp more now than when we booked. :( If the price wasn't quite so high I'd go for it for UBP.

I am at about $300 extra total (for 4). Thinking that the UBP may be worth the extra..considering I was going to get UDP, which would have cost almost 1/2 of that anyway...hmmm..

It's still there. Check again.
You're right, my mistake. If you find the cruise and click through the first few pages, eventually the promo codes are listed. But if you go through the cruise finder and activate the "Freestyle Choice" filter (plus Epic, plus April 2015), only the 18-day TA shows up. The 11-day is listed wrong somewhere in their system.

You're right, my mistake. If you find the cruise and click through the first few pages, eventually the promo codes are listed. But if you go through the cruise finder and activate the "Freestyle Choice" filter (plus Epic, plus April 2015), only the 18-day TA shows up. The 11-day is listed wrong somewhere in their system.

NCL's website truly sucks and could be so much better.

Sent from my iPad