B2B on the Jewel ~ Once Again! ~ Nov. 29th and Dec. 6th ~ My Diary

maxs mom

Jane, we really enjoyed our day at Palm Beach last month. I'm so glad you shared your great find. They were just starting the rebuilding. It looks like they've made a lot of progress!

The food was amazing. The rum was amazing. They gave us several shots, and we ended up buying 2 bottles. Yum! And I had my first bushwhacker that day. So thanks :)

Ohhh.....so glad you enjoyed it. Yes they have made a lot of progress! They hoped to be fully opened by the next week. We will be there again on New Year's Day so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!!

One of the side effects of the storm is all this seagrass is washing up on shore. It's a mess' date=' but it didn't bother my relaxation any. There is a lot of it in the water, too. The water was pretty rough today, so we didn't venture in. Again.....that did not interfere with my relaxation!

DSC_0170_zps17853119.jpg

DSC06349_zpsa62f5616.jpg

Unfortunately, sargassum is plaguing the eastern Caribbean right now...

http://stcroixsource.com/content/news/local-news/2014/12/10/sargassum-blanketing-north-facing-beaches

Yay! I love your reviews and we happen to be taking the same route as your second week in March so I'm excited to hear more! Also, thanks for the obstructed view balcony photo. We have one of those aft and I was curious how obstructed but it doesn't look that bad. I was just glad we got connecting room for us and my mother in law for her very first cruise ever. Can't wait to hear more about your fun!

You are correct. Those hump balconies on the starboard side on deck 7 do not have an obstructed view. They are really nice. And guess what......no noise from the centrum. It is amazing. If you open the door' date=' you can hear all kinds of stuff, but with the door closed, there is no problem! Those are good cabins.[/size']

So happy to see you write this. We are booked in cabin 7598. We originally had a cabin on deck 8 when this one came open. I had read good things about the hump cabins, so we grabbed it. With your stamp of approval, I know we will be happy with it. Love reading your reviews. This will be our first cruise on RCCL and our first visits to Antigua, Grenada and St. Croix. You have been very helpful.

So happy to see you write this. We are booked in cabin 7598. We originally had a cabin on deck 8 when this one came open. I had read good things about the hump cabins, so we grabbed it. With your stamp of approval, I know we will be happy with it. Love reading your reviews. This will be our first cruise on RCCL and our first visits to Antigua, Grenada and St. Croix. You have been very helpful.

So glad to have been helpful!!

Wednesday ~ December 10, 2014 ~ Dominica

Slept in a little this morning. This is a beautiful and lush port!!

DSC06395_zps6e68bad0.jpg

The P & O Ventura was already in port.

DSC06396_zpsbc9dee8c.jpg

Getting ready to dock.

DSC06398_zpse8727f08.jpg

I hate to hear people talk badly about this island. Many people don't even get off the ship and that is just sad. It's true, there is not much at the port itself. You must get out and on to the island itself to enjoy the beauty of this place. We've been all over and even whale watching.

John needed to get some rest today, so I went out on an adventure with Art and Jeff, and a tablemate of theirs, Jon. We walked across the street after getting to the end of the pier and found a driver that would take us all around, but he wanted $50pp to do that and wouldn't come down off the price. So we found another guy who said he would do it for $30pp....so we went with him. His name was Stuart and he had an air-conditioned van.

DSC06399_zpsdc3b47fe.jpg

DSC06400_zpsbfb1a1b8.jpg

First we drove way up in to the mountains to the Emerald Pool. Beautiful scenery along the way:

DSC06403_zps09f1b5e3.jpg

We saw bananas, pineapples, avacados......you name it.....all growing on the side of the road.

DSC06402_zps7fbf48e8.jpg

It took a while to get to Emerald Pool, but that was OK. It was a gorgeous drive. When we got there, we paid the $5 admission fee and started our hike down to the pool. It was a little rugged, so you need to be in pretty good shape.

Here is the start of the trail. It took about 15 minutes to get to the pool.

DSC06407_zps7e1b7e9e.jpg

Beautiful scenery along the hike.

DSC06411_zps7ec388d8.jpg

DSC06412_zpscb6d7e0d.jpg

This is the view from above the pool.

DSC06413_zpsbe8a3f45.jpg

Soon we were down to the pool itself. Lovely little waterfall.

DSC06416_zps6c5fb8e7.jpg[/size]

I had been to the twin Trafalgar Falls before......a larger area, but not here to the Emerald Pool. I liked it.

Next, we drove to another part of the island to Titou Gorge. Here you can swim into the gorge, or a cave-like area through a narrow opening. Kind of neat!! Again....Art and Jeff did this and I took pictures. Looked like fun.....but you should be a really good swimmer to do this.DSC06425_zps405bb0cb.jpg

DSC06426_zps497ddc1a.jpg

DSC06428_zps25f01f8d.jpg

DSC06429_zps2871af31.jpg

DSC06430_zps8e8a976c.jpg

DSC06431_zpsdf6ca0cf.jpg

Next we went to a place where we could see the double falls at a distance.

DSC06440_zps65e20494.jpg

We saw some people touring in this vehicle.

DSC06442_zps2920f43c.jpg

We were back to the ship by lunchtime.

DSC06443_zps6d0b2400.jpg

John had already eaten so I grabbed something at the WJ. Spent the rest of the afternoon reading and relaxing in our cabin. More pillow art today.

DSC06444_zpsfaa9a408.jpg

In the CL tonight, we chatted with Art and Jeff and relived our day! It was formal night.

DSC06445_zps5d39724a.jpg

DSC06449_zpsf30aeaab.jpg

Dinner was good tonight. Once again Kasa brought all these appetizers.

DSC06450_zpsb94f0ab0.jpg

DSC06452_zpsf621e91e.jpg

I'm eating way too much!!!

I had my very favorite pasta dish tonight......pasta stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese.....very good.....but a little on the salty side. I don't know why they have to put so much salt on everything.

DSC06453_zps493b38d2.jpg

Kasa is the best!!

DSC06456_zpsbd36b052.jpg

We just relaxed in the centrum after dinner and used the internet for a little while.

DSC06465_zps2e76a58e.jpg

Another towel animal tonight.

DSC06463_zps35700e20.jpg

Enjoying your reports, have read several of them, I always find them interesting and very informative. I am interested in finding out, you may or may not know the answer to this but, this will be the first time we will be sailing with RCI. We will be sailing on Radiance, we have a verandah on deck 7 forward, will this have the cover over the lifeboats? I hope not. I have already moved cabins 3 times, dont want to have to move cabins again. When I moved the last time, I did ask the people at reservations on the phone and they told me no, but reading this report now, I'm thinking it may have this cover.

Thanks for any help on this.

May I ask, when you went to the Marriott on St. Kitts, did you make a reservation ahead of time? If so, do you have their contact information?

Thanks

PaulS

Hey Paul! No......reservations are not necessary for the Marriott......just go. Very easy!

Enjoying your reports, have read several of them, I always find them interesting and very informative. I am interested in finding out, you may or may not know the answer to this but, this will be the first time we will be sailing with RCI. We will be sailing on Radiance, we have a verandah on deck 7 forward, will this have the cover over the lifeboats? I hope not. I have already moved cabins 3 times, dont want to have to move cabins again. When I moved the last time, I did ask the people at reservations on the phone and they told me no, but reading this report now, I'm thinking it may have this cover.

Thanks for any help on this.

The cabins on deck 7 that are forward have an extended balcony. You can see a little bit into your neighbor's balcony, but that didn't bother me any. We had one of these cabins several years ago. I liked it. It's better if I just show you.

JewelOfTheSeasDecember2011294.jpg

JewelOfTheSeasDecember2011293.jpg

JewelOfTheSeasDecember2011296.jpg

See.....no life boat cover!!

JewelOfTheSeasDecember2011369.jpg

JewelOfTheSeasDecember2011428.jpg

JewelOfTheSeasDecember2011426.jpg

I definitely liked these deck 7 cabins better than the ones over the life boat cover!

Hope this helps.