Norwegian Jade 10N Katakolon Athens Kusadasi Istanbul Naples Rome (Greece and Turkey)

Iluvcruising2

I have started reviewing the ports, but I created separate threads in the destination forms on cruise critic for them, to facilitate easier search.

Here are the links.

Katakolon, Greece for Olympia

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2140938

Athens, Port of Piraeus

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2141162

Kusadasi, Turkey, for Ephesus

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2143687

• 2 weeks later...

The final port of our cruise was Naples. Unfortunately, there was a strike when we got there. Herculaneum was closed - we wanted to do the Herculaneum because we had visited Pompeii and did the Amalfi coast before.

Strike, oh strike.

[YOUTUBE]LMUr2fqkpXg[/YOUTUBE]

The crew performance, held in the main theatre in the afternoon of one of the Sea Days, was quite good.

The most hilarious was the closing act - I call it the Greek Water show. I was laughing throughout.

I saw that twice on a recent b2b. Made me cringe a bit as although funny, it's pretty unhygienic.

Hi Iluvcruising2.

More great info, I love the TV that shows waiting times in the restaurants. Are they all over the ship?

Also, have you got any pics or videos of the dailies? If not can you remember the theatre show times?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Iluvcruising2.

More great info, I love the TV that shows waiting times in the restaurants. Are they all over the ship?

Also, have you got any pics or videos of the dailies? If not can you remember the theatre show times?

Thanks in advance.

There are those TVs all around the ship. Shows are usually 7.30 and 9.30 pm.

Thanks for your review! I've been on Jade twice in Europe, so far and going back for a third time next October. It's the only ship I've done more than once and that's solely because of the great prices on the suites and the great itineraries this particular ship does.

The newer NCL ships have a real wow factor and are more equivalent to RCCL's Oasis, Allure and Quantum - the newer NCL ships are Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape.

This video shows you the letter informing on the disembarkation procedures for suite guests. The Priority Tags are delivered to the cabin.

[YOUTUBE]x0cT5vhlOtc[/YOUTUBE]

Disembarkation day, Civitavecchia. So sad. Yes, we had breakfast at Cagney's before disembarking. Check out the lines for the free port shuttle service.

[YOUTUBE]xDMkw62imzg[/YOUTUBE]

ENot to confuse anyone but Rome is an hour and a half away from Civtavecchia. You were in the port town not Rome. Also you can bring wine onboard with a corkage fee. Nice review

Yes, Civitavecchia is 1.5 hours away from Rome. Not that near.

Oh, you are right, you can bring wine onboard. Just have to a pay a corkage fee, not sure how much.

Iluvcruising2.

Could I tap into your limitless knowledge once more please.

Are you able to take a drink into the theatre for the shows? Even better, do they have a bar service in there?

Thanks again.

Iluvcruising2.

Are you able to take a drink into the theatre for the shows? Even better, do they have a bar service in there?

Thanks again.

Yes and yes, are the answers.:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Iluvcruising2.

Thanks again.

The question had been kindly answered by harz99.

Indeed, yes to both.

On the Jade, we never found the theatre to be overly crowded, compared to our experiences on cruises out of Asia. We would be there about 10 minutes early to snag good seats .

Thanks for your review! I've been on Jade twice in Europe, so far and going back for a third time next October. It's the only ship I've done more than once and that's solely because of the great prices on the suites and the great itineraries this particular ship does.

The newer NCL ships have a real wow factor and are more equivalent to RCCL's Oasis, Allure and Quantum - the newer NCL ships are Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape.

We are in aft Penthouse Suite in May; have you ever been in these? 10666? Thanks

Yes and yes, are the answers.:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

The question had been kindly answered by harz99.

Indeed, yes to both.

On the Jade, we never found the theatre to be overly crowded, compared to our experiences on cruises out of Asia. We would be there about 10 minutes early to snag good seats .

Thank you both. That's great news. Hate losing time on the drinks package while in the theatre. :D

We are in aft Penthouse Suite in May; have you ever been in these? 10666? Thanks

We're going to be in 10166 on the 2/4 Jade cruise and will post pictures in the review. I think they're great rooms based on what I've read. The challenge is getting through this last week of work when my mind is already in Italy!

We're going to be in 10166 on the 2/4 Jade cruise and will post pictures in the review. I think they're great rooms based on what I've read. The challenge is getting through this last week of work when my mind is already in Italy!

Look forward to your review with pics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...