Solstice Norovirus Outbreak

Ronin23

I wish Celebrity would do like HAL and serve guests at the buffet. This would help with the spread of germs, no doubt. Another help would be to eat with a utensil and not your hands...hand sanitizer or not.

I am disgusted by the number of people that do not use hand sanitzer and just walk off the elevator directly into a buffet line and start touching the serving utensils. You may not care about your health but consider those that may not have as high of an immunity as you do.

Apparently at times I would disgust you. I often go to the restroom immediately before dinner, and wash my hands thoroughly. I then exit without touching anything, and also enter the MDR without touching anything. My hands are completely clean. There is no reason at all for me to sanitize at the entrance (although sometimes I do anyway as extra insurance, particularly if there is illness onboard). I then use hand sanitizer after I have handled the menus and before eating. I am very cognizant of good hygiene and yet if you saw me bypass the entrance sanitizing you would judge me otherwise. You would be wrong.

I'm on the Solstice now and there is no norovirus outbreak. Passengers are allowed to serve themselves in the Oceanview Cafe.

The Cruise Director mentioned that "a competitor" is currently having an outbreak. This is likely the Sun Princess which we saw in port a couple days ago.

Time to rid the "cruise gene pool" of all the weak....LOL pile the carcasses on the pool deck and feed them to the sharks...

I wish Celebrity would do like HAL and serve guests at the buffet. This would help with the spread of germs, no doubt. Another help would be to eat with a utensil and not your hands...hand sanitizer or not.

I am disgusted by the number of people that do not use hand sanitzer and just walk off the elevator directly into a buffet line and start touching the serving utensils. You may not care about your health but consider those that may not have as high of an immunity as you do.

seriously though....I wish they would come up with something more effective......I feel like they will be wanting to seal us all in shrink wrap soonwith a small mouth hole to suck up the overpriced drinks through a straw

seriously though....I wish they would come up with something more effective......I feel like they will be wanting to seal us all in shrink wrap soonwith a small mouth hole to suck up the overpriced drinks through a straw

:confused:

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I'm on the Solstice now and there is no norovirus outbreak. Passengers are allowed to serve themselves in the Oceanview Cafe.

The Cruise Director mentioned that "a competitor" is currently having an outbreak. This is likely the Sun Princess which we saw in port a couple days ago.

I heard there's an issue with Diamond Princess.

I never touch the railing while using the stairs so why would I want to touch spoons and tongs that have been touched by others. I purchased a box of polyethelene gloves (500 for $4 at Staples) to use while getting my food and then just throw them away. They are the kind food servers use. I may look foolish but it beats getting sick.

Looking forward to a "healthy" cruise on the Silhouette this Sunday!

But your be-gloved hands are still using the spoons and tongs that others have handled.

How then can you avoid transferring any acquired bugs from your gloves to your plate which inevitably you will need to move from serving point to serving point even along the same food station?