How long is Cirque show on Epic?

TifffanyD

We are going to the Cirque dinner show our first night onboard. It says seating is 5:30 so I am wondering when we might be out. I am thinking of booking a dinner at Moderno in case the food is as bad at Cirque as everyone says.

Also - what happens if we are on the UDP and don't show up for a dinner? Or go to podium and cancel? Do we get charged?

Edited by TifffanyD

Hello!

Our eDocs say the Cirque show is 1.5 hours. I met my parents earlier this year after the show and they got out of the theater about 10:15 or 10:20 (they were there for the 8:30 show). My Mom has mobility issues, so she would have waited until the room had pretty much cleared out before trying to leave.

I think if you give yourself 30 minutes (ask for a seating at 7:30 or so) you should be fine.

Hello!

Our eDocs say the Cirque show is 1.5 hours. I met my parents earlier this year after the show and they got out of the theater about 10:15 or 10:20 (they were there for the 8:30 show). My Mom has mobility issues, so she would have waited until the room had pretty much cleared out before trying to leave.

I think if you give yourself 30 minutes (ask for a seating at 7:30 or so) you should be fine.

Thank you! I am also worried about it starting on time so I might make it 8. :)

I was on the Epic just over a week ago, and the show was closer to 1 hour 45 minutes. Arrive early. I thought the steak, shrimp, and the rest of the meal were very good. The dessert was the least appetizing part of the meal, but I think I ate it all, too. I would be shocked if you had room for a full meal at Moderno! :eek:

The restaurant reservation desk is open all day at Le Bistro on Deck 5 and in the Garden Cafe. I would ask specifically about no-shows with the UDP. Restaurants do fill up on Epic, so I'm sure the staff aren't in love with folks who no show.

Have fun on your cruise. :)

Thanks! I wasn't planning on a "full meal" at Moderno - just a chance to sample some.

It was giving me errors tho - will have to try again later

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even a partial meal at Moderno can be a belly buster! ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

The food isn't bad? We were on the getaway in May and the food wasn't good... And I thought Cirque had the same menu?

Oh, I didn't realize you've already had the Cirque Dreams & Dinner menu. Sorry. If it was a dislike of the actual items that were served, yes you are likely to be disappointed. I'm pretty sure the menu will be identical. If it was an issue of preparation, I thought all of the courses were well prepared.

I've noticed that the food in Cirque has been pretty polarizing. Most folks seem to think it's pretty good or they hate it. Not much room in the middle. Oh well, now you will have room for most of the courses at Moderno instead of just a few. ;)

I was booked for the 5:30 show on the first night on the Epic during my Jan 4 cruise and I just got an email saying that the time has been changed to 6:00pm. Not sure if it is just my cruise and the first night, or if this affects other dates as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I got an email saying my time had been bumped back as well. I was scheduled for the later show. Now I think I'm going to re-think my plans and book an earlier show another day.

The "funny" part is that I just booked the rest of my show reservations yesterday. If I had only waited...

I thought the food for the Cirque show was really good. Trust me, I am a critic of food and when most other posters still were NCL food cheerleaders I was the lone poster insisting that the food really does suck. I call bad food when I eat it!!

The food at the Cirque show is not bad at all. It's on par with the NCL main dining room food if not a bit better. It's maybe on par with an Applebee's steak. You won't be doing any better food wise by eating in the main NCL dining rooms, that's for sure.

As far as when the show is over, it really wasn't that long of an event. I'm guessing we were completely done by 7:30-8pm. I also don;'t think seating for this show is that big of a deal. Posters were going on and on about the perfect place to sit for this show and I was thinking it was going to be a big deal. It wasn't. The venue is really small and the show takes place in the very center of the room. It's designed so everyone in there can see the show. Then again, it is a very small venue. I was sort of expecting a big show production sort of on par with something in the theater. After seeing Cirque in Vegas several times, that is just more of what I was expecting. This Cirque show is in a restaurant type venue.

Edited by Vyhanek