Verizon e-cards

lcumpire

When signing in on the CCL website, I had to setup my OBC account for my wife and myself. Rather than us a CC, I chose the cash option. When I board, will I be able to use the Verizon e-cards in lieu of cash?

Thank you

That is what we did (and the other couple we were cruising with) in October. No issues at all. We went straight to GS and they were applied immediately. I'm doing this in a couple of weeks too :).

Thanks for the info - now i can save 10%

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's nice to save 10%. We saved $60 alone on the cards for the Cheers package ($600 worth for $540) and then bought more to book our next cruise. Every time I book or buy anything from Carnival, I visit the Verizon site first!

I can't seem to use them on the Fun Shops site though, I don't see a place for gift cards as payments.

So on your cruise documents do you mark cash or credit card for your S&S card. I plan on using some of the ecards and then credit card for any balance. If there is any balance at end of cruise from ecards do you get a refund?

So on your cruise documents do you mark cash or credit card for your S&S card. I plan on using some of the ecards and then credit card for any balance. If there is any balance at end of cruise from ecards do you get a refund?

You can mark either. If you apply ecards, those will be used first. I marked cash and then watched my S&S account until I needed to give them my card. I didn't have any left so I'm not sure how the refund would be handled.

It is your choice. I set up our account with our credit card information and then went to guest services and applied the gift cards that way I didn't have to worry about going back. Worked great. Any remaining credit goes back on a gift card.

I am not sure I understand. I have verizon wireless. What do I have to do to get 10% off my cruise purchases?

When you sign in to your Verizon account, on the left side you should see, over View Profile, Verizon Smart Rewards, along with your points. If you have not yet signed up for the Verizon Rewards Points, there should be something there for that too.

Once you are signed up, and on the rewards page, click on Gift cards, travel. Scroll down and you will see the Carnival egift cards in $50, $100 and $500 totals.

Ok. In think I got it. Thanks. One more question....can I purchase an ecard thru verizon and use it on someone else's account? Our friends don't have verizon but I still want to hook them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok. In think I got it. Thanks. One more question....can I purchase an ecard thru verizon and use it on someone else's account? Our friends don't have verizon but I still want to hook them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not done it but was told you could and it does make sense as they are gift cards.

It is your choice. I set up our account with our credit card information and then went to guest services and applied the gift cards that way I didn't have to worry about going back. Worked great. Any remaining credit goes back on a gift card.

Does any remaining balance go back on the original gift card, or do they provide you with a new gift card?

Important to know, wouldn't want to throw away my "applied" card and find out I also threw away any possible balance.

Thanks much.

Do you know if it is possible to book the cruise and make all payments with these eCards? I was thinking I could buy the eCards and then call my PVP to book & give him to eCard ##'s, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew if that was possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Do you know if it is possible to book the cruise and make all payments with these eCards? I was thinking I could buy the eCards and then call my PVP to book & give him to eCard ##'s, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew if that was possible.

Both of my upcoming cruises were purchased with gift cards from Verizon.

Yes, this can be done. I just did that last week. Bought 2 eGift cards for $500 each. Called Carnival and booked a cruise for this April. Put the $1000 down and will buy 2 more cards before final payment date. Apply one for final payment ($515 balance). Then apply the other onboard the ship for tips, excursions,and extra spending. Easy way to save $200 ($50 for each card).

Edited by HawkIVette