Recent changes in "the suite life"?

autrucheplume

Hello! For those of you familiar with cruising NCL in suites, are there any big changes recently? We've cruised in suites a few times, but not since Feb 2012, and we're wondering if we'll notice any big changes when we go in Feb 2015. This will also be our first time on the Epic.

A few specific questions:

* Now that people can book restaurant reservations ahead of time, did you have trouble getting reservations on the ship (either same day or day before)?

* Do they still do a suite-only breakfast? And, more importantly, do they still have crab cakes eggs benedict?

Anything else we should be expecting? Thanks in advance!!

No significant changes.

No problem getting specialty restaurant reservations.

Yes, there's still the suites-only breakfast, with crab cakes benedict.

(Note: our most recent experience was this month, on the Gem, but there's no reason I know of to expect any significant differences on the Epic.)

We were in a suite on the Jewel 3 weeks ago. Reservations for all restaurants including the "free" ones were a breeze. Breakfast and lunch was still available in Moderno (for some reason it wasn't Cagney's on the Jewel). We didn't notice any changes from our previous suite on the Star 3 years ago. The suite life was great!

Edited by Tenderpaw

We were in a suite on the Jewel 3 weeks ago. Reservations for all restaurants including the "free" ones were a breeze. Breakfast and lunch was still available in Moderno (for some reason it wasn't Cagney's on the Jewel). We didn't notice any changes from our previous suite on the Star 3 years ago. The suite life was great!

I'll be on the jewel in an aft penthouse in April. Good to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello! For those of you familiar with cruising NCL in suites, are there any big changes recently? We've cruised in suites a few times, but not since Feb 2012, and we're wondering if we'll notice any big changes when we go in Feb 2015. This will also be our first time on the Epic.

A few specific questions:

* Now that people can book restaurant reservations ahead of time, did you have trouble getting reservations on the ship (either same day or day before)?

* Do they still do a suite-only breakfast? And, more importantly, do they still have crab cakes eggs benedict?

Anything else we should be expecting? Thanks in advance!!

We sailed on the NCL Jade recently. Cagney's was used for suite-only breakfast and lunch. Crab cakes benedict was certainly one of my favourite for breakfast. The other fav was steak and eggs.

I made a video the Cagney's breakfast -

Epic suites are different than Jewel class. The Haven is larger, the private sun deck is less sparse (furniture nicer).

There is also the Haven restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Suites do not eat at Moderno/ Cagney's on this ship. The Haven has the same menu as other ships for breakfast/ lunch and it's own menu for dinner. They will also bring food from the MDRs if you ask.

Crab cakes Benedict still available, still yummy.

Have a nice trip.

Just off the Epic in a haven suite. I can't say enough about the Epic club restaurant and Epic lounge. You will love it! The staff is impeccable and the food is first class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on the NCL Jade recently. Cagney's was used for suite-only breakfast and lunch. Crab cakes benedict was certainly one of my favourite for breakfast. The other fav was steak and eggs.

Thank you for posting this video, feels like I was there with you.

Just off the Epic in a haven suite. I can't say enough about the Epic club restaurant and Epic lounge. You will love it! The staff is impeccable and the food is first class.

My thoughts exactly, we have stayed in the Haven on the EPIC for three years in a row and loved every minute of it. Booking restaurants was never an issue and we were a party of 10.

You will enjoy the EPIC and everything that the \haven has to offer, have a great holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to hear this! We found the Epic Club and staff fantastic a few years ago.

A question for those who have been in a suite on both the Epic and Getaway/Breakaway: Is the dining setup as great as on the Epic?

I liked having breakfast and lunch in Modenaro instead of Cagneys, because of the views overlooking the pool. We cruised Sept. 2012 in a suite on Pearl and Dec. 2014 in a suite on Jewel and I didn't notice any difference except the bed might have been better.

I liked having breakfast and lunch in Modenaro instead of Cagneys, because of the views overlooking the pool. We cruised Sept. 2012 in a suite on Pearl and Dec. 2014 in a suite on Jewel and I didn't notice any difference except the bed might have been better.

OP appears to be on the Epic, so their private breakfast/lunch (and dinner) venue will be the Epic Club, not Moderno or Cagney's.

On a side note, on the Gem with the recent move of Moderno's upstairs next to Cagney's as was done on the Jewel, the suite breakfast/lunch restaurant did not move to Moderno...it remained in Cagney's..

OP appears to be on the Epic, so their private breakfast/lunch (and dinner) venue will be the Epic Club, not Moderno or Cagney's.

On a side note, on the Gem with the recent move of Moderno's upstairs next to Cagney's as was done on the Jewel, the suite breakfast/lunch restaurant did not move to Moderno...it remained in Cagney's..

Thank you for noticing the differences in the ships.

Great video!

This will be our first time in a suite - and looking forward to Cagney's too!

Glad to hear this! We found the Epic Club and staff fantastic a few years ago.

A question for those who have been in a suite on both the Epic and Getaway/Breakaway: Is the dining setup as great as on the Epic?

The layout of the Haven Restaurant on Breakaway / Getaway is different than Epic Club with far fewer window seats / tables with a view. But the rest of the experience (including the menus for all meals) is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Awesome!! Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all the replies. We are so excited - 5 weeks from today!

One more question for those of you who have sailed Epic's Haven - I am confused about the Haven Restaurant/Lounge/Courtyard Grill... are these are the same thing or different things? Where is breakfast/lunch served? It sounds like there is dinner available as well? Is this very formal? We will have a 16 month old with us, and I'm planning to bring her to breakfast with us, but wanted to make sure this wouldn't feel inappropriate or anything. (She's very well behaved, luckily.)

Awesome!! Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all the replies. We are so excited - 5 weeks from today!

One more question for those of you who have sailed Epic's Haven - I am confused about the Haven Restaurant/Lounge/Courtyard Grill... are these are the same thing or different things? Where is breakfast/lunch served? It sounds like there is dinner available as well? Is this very formal? We will have a 16 month old with us, and I'm planning to bring her to breakfast with us, but wanted to make sure this wouldn't feel inappropriate or anything. (She's very well behaved, luckily.)

Three entirely separate venues, but all connected. You enter the lounge to access the Restaurant, and you can exit the restaurant either through the lounge, or through the Courtyard Grille.

All three meals are served in the Restaurant. "Grille" type fare is served until around 4pm in the Courtyard Grille. The Lounge has a full bar, with an extensive array of furniture groupings for folks to gather and relax, in addition to the bar itself. Also from the lounge you can access the glass elevator that will take you directly to Posh (or you can use the standard elevators as well).

Your daughter will be welcomed at all meals in the Restaurant, and you will likely see plenty of other children there and throughout the Haven complex.

Hope that helps! :)