spa showers

amunger

They are in the Lotus Spa area, just aft of the Lotus Spa pool, in men's and women's locker rooms. There are 3 showers in each locker room (one in each is wheelchair accessible), and very nice. On our Sapphire cruise, razors and moisturizing lotion (but I frankly don't remember about hair dryers) were also provided.

Jeannie I remember you and Shiela going to the spa for showers and beauty day on the Sapphire and have promised myself that I will take advantage of these facilities on a future cruise..it would be so nice to have a shower were you can actually shave your legs without doing contortions...Sissy

Jeannie I remember you and Shiela going to the spa for showers and beauty day on the Sapphire and have promised myself that I will take advantage of these facilities on a future cruise..it would be so nice to have a shower were you can actually shave your legs without doing contortions...Sissy

Hi Sissy! I was so disappointed that the Grand didn't have that wonderful locker room area...you're right, we LIVED in the Lotus Spa area on the Sapphire. Well, that and the buffet! Have fun in Europe with that grandson! I can't answer about the Sun, but perhaps someone else can.

How about the Star? Do you just go in with your change of clothes and shower? No appointment needed?

Yes the Star has them too. There are even lockers and lots of towels available. Go up to the Sun Deck, enter the Spa area and go left. They are right there with the "free" saunas and steam rooms. If you can't find them just ask at the Spa desk but be prepared that they may try to sell you on the Thermal Suite. For the free stuff no appointment is needed. They do shut down the saunas and steam rooms sometime in the evenings, but the showers themselves are always open. I've seen folks show up in their terry cloth robes - up to you.

Do you have to use the spa in order to use the facilities at the spa, i.e. shower?

No, if the ship you are sailing has saunas or steam rooms by all means the showers are for everyones usage without spa service. On the Coral, if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong folks) even though there is a charge for the "thermal" steam area there are shower areas just a bit aft through the Lotus Spa. They are marked as "Female Change" & "Male Change" on the diagram.

Lady Vidora - on the Grand the steam/sauna rooms are at the forward end of the lap pool on the Sun deck. I'm the least fond of them since they are kind of out in the open and not condusive for those of us who like to steam with nothing but a towel. As a result, I don't remember where the showers are and by looking at the diagram I don't see them noted. But, I'm pretty sure they are there someplace. Somebody HELP out here please!

Lady Vidora - on the Grand the steam/sauna rooms are at the forward end of the lap pool on the Sun deck. I'm the least fond of them since they are kind of out in the open and not condusive for those of us who like to steam with nothing but a towel. As a result, I don't remember where the showers are and by looking at the diagram I don't see them noted. But, I'm pretty sure they are there someplace. Somebody HELP out here please!

On the Grand, there are VERY small locker rooms with a couple of small showers in each one, not the integrated areas that are on the Diamond/Sapphire, because, as Larsen said, the sauna/steam rooms are out by the lap pool. Not at all condusive to going in them with a facial on your face and deep conditioner on your hair, as they are co-ed.

On the Grand, there are VERY small locker rooms with a couple of small showers in each one, not the integrated areas that are on the Diamond/Sapphire, because, as Larsen said, the sauna/steam rooms are out by the lap pool. Not at all condusive to going in them with a facial on your face and deep conditioner on your hair, as they are co-ed.

JMB, are they off to the left at the end of the massage area? If not just where have they hidden them. I just can't remember (I've got that disease that starts with an "A" that I can't remember either :eek: ). We are on the Golden in March and since it's layout is the same as the Grand (darn it all) hubby will want to know.

Thanks bunches, Barb

Archived