RCCL Visa

faze41

We have enjoyed free cruises from our points. We are a few months away from another free 7 night cruise for two. We use the card for EVERYTHING and make sure to pay the balance off each month to avoid interest. We have some great friends that allow us to charge large purchases that they would normally pay cash for. I love free points that lead to free cruises.

Remember that you get double points for Choice Air and everything Royal Caribbean.

Anybody aware of other ways to get bonus points?

I loved the Royal card for a very long time and saved a ton of money with it. Then the restrictions started. To the point now where the only thing I can use them for is OBC. So got the Barclay's Elite card and am using my points on Royal up and then won't use it any more. Cannot use points for price off the cruise if you booked with BOGOHO. Cannot get a free companion fare if you want a balcony discount. All the things I used to use points for are now a thing of the past. So time to move on and that is what I am doing. With Barclay's I get 2 points for everything so worth paying the annual fee. I can then use if for ANY travel, not just Royal, so will be a win/win for us.

Must be sensitive to paying interest on credit cards?

Lots of opinions on the boards that are no ones business

whatever, lol

Not for many, many years but some people do & it's rude to tell them what they should/shouldn't do when you have no idea what their situation or reasons are.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I loved the Royal card for a very long time and saved a ton of money with it. Then the restrictions started. To the point now where the only thing I can use them for is OBC. So got the Barclay's Elite card and am using my points on Royal up and then won't use it any more. Cannot use points for price off the cruise if you booked with BOGOHO. Cannot get a free companion fare if you want a balcony discount. All the things I used to use points for are now a thing of the past. So time to move on and that is what I am doing. With Barclay's I get 2 points for everything so worth paying the annual fee. I can then use if for ANY travel, not just Royal, so will be a win/win for us.

Thanks for the input people. Was just planning on using it for RCCL, and was trying to decide if it was worth the hassle.

Thanks for the input people. Was just planning on using it for RCCL, and was trying to decide if it was worth the hassle.

We have one and up until this year it worked well for us. Then Royal's prices seem to go way up.....I have checked into other cruise lines but feels silly to leave OBC $$$ unused. :( At this point, I am wishing we had a card that was more flexible, so we could use any cruise line we choose. Just another thought.

We had the card, used it as intended, then canceled it when we figured that cruises are generally the least expensive component of our travels ... airfare eats up most of it, since we fly overseas frequently.

We now use our Capital One Venture Card exclusively ... double miles on any purchase, no restrictions, any airline, no blackout times, no currency exchange fee, first year free ($59 thereafter), spend $3000 in the first three months and receive 40,000 bonus miles. We run everything through it, carry no balance, and just booked our flights to/from Fairbanks, AK/Vancouver, BC ... cost us nothing.

It's a simple calculation ... find airfare, add two zeros, and that's how many miles you need. If you're short, you can deduct what you have from the fare, and only pay the difference. We're working on our trip to Australia/New Zealand, and should have sufficient miles to fly free again ... that's one huge saving, far more than had we booked a free cruise through the Royal Caribbean VISA. It's a much better arrangement for us than any cruise line credit card.

Al

Not for many, many years but some people do & it's rude to tell them what they should/shouldn't do when you have no idea what their situation or reasons are.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't know if the original comment was meant to be rude or not. I use the rccl card for only rccl purchases. All other chages run throught my southwest airline for free flights. This yr I earned a free companion pass for my son. Super! BUT, i wasn't good about paying off the card each month. How stupid I thought because at the end of the year, I realzed that I really paid for the "free" flights in my interest payment! It's no ones business how you handle your finances-absolutely! But I certainly didn't win by paying the interest. I will pay it off this year...i hope! lol

Edited by bellabaloo