Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers398_zpse69a8d04.jpg

So en route to dinner tonight we walked through the Lido Deck and they were just getting ready to show a movie on the big screen. Every night they showed 2 different movies....an early show about 6:30 pm and then another one around 9:00 pm

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers400_zps25f1463c.jpg

Aft Whirlpools...there are 2 of them and the pool

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers401_zpsc0e8940c.jpg

So tonight for dinner we went to the Chefs Art Steakhouse with some of our friends. We like to indulge in the steakhouse one time on the cruise and since some of our group wanted to go as well we made it as a group reservation

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers405_zps6fec1e61.jpg

Our compliments of the chef appetizer

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers406_zps0f980741.jpg

Dana was trying to steal Sam's bread :p

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers407_zpsd79be5c2.jpg

I am waiting for my next course

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers408_zps53bd3560.jpg

I love these beautiful ladies.....they are friends for life

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers409_zpscbbd98cc.jpg

This is Tanya. It was her first cruise...I know she has already booked her next one. She is hooked on cruising

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers410_zps9163a5e4.jpg

This is Aunt Barb and Uncle Larry (they are Dana's Aunt and Uncle) but to everyone in our KREWE they are everyone's Aunt and Uncle

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers411_zpsd51cf555.jpg

Next Up.....

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers412_zps00bf231e.jpg

I ordered the shrimp cocktail. I don't normally order the shrimp but nothing else appealed to me. It was very good

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers413_zps49366940.jpg

Linda ordered the Escargot....she offered me to try it....ummm no thanks I'm gonna pass

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers414_zps57662ad7.jpg

Lettuce.....nothing too exciting here

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers415_zps9cd8d6ac.jpg

And this is what I have been waiting for....I ordered the Cowboy Ribeye

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers416_zpsf6e5df93.jpg

And the baked potato with all the trimmings

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers417_zps831c424c.jpg

And the cheesecake....I took about 3 bites and that was enough. I took the rest back to the cabin

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers418_zpsfc123e1b.jpg

This is Linda's chocolate sampler....I think I may order this next time instead of the cheesecake. The cheesecake is just too much and it isn't very good to eat it later

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers420_zpsed822ec4.jpg

And here is Sam....I couldn't forget about him

So after dinner at the steakhouse we waddled back to our cabin. OMG I was so full. We got back to our cabin and decided that we were going to stay in for the rest of the night....Chicago PD was on so we stayed in and watched TV. I propped the balcony door open to listen to the waves too. My favorite show on TV on a cruise.....sounded like a perfect night to me

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers421_zps7a30751d.jpg

This little guy was waiting for us....I am thinking that it is a Rhino....haha

We didn't find anything in the Fun Shops.....we were skunked again :rolleyes: but we made it back to our cabin at the perfect time to see a beautiful Caribbean sunset

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014242_zps7873cf19.jpg

Sights like this never get old....it's reasons like this why we love to cruise. Just sitting out on the balcony watching the sunset and enjoying life...it doesn't get much better than this

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014243_zpsc9276bc8.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014250_zps818ca5e2.jpg

And I got to enjoy the sunset with my best friend

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014252_zps0edb05ef.jpg

The sun was slipping behind the clouds

Don't you just love it when you can see the reflection of what someone is looking at ? I've always found that makes for great pics !

Really enjoying reading another great review !

Don't you just love it when you can see the reflection of what someone is looking at ? I've always found that makes for great pics !

Really enjoying reading another great review !

Yes I agree and sometimes you don't plan for it to be that way....that is just how it works out. :)

Thank You so much...there is still more coming up

[ATTACH]

I had to share my picture of the Dream .o We did the same itinerary may 2013 and then again in January 2014 ( " free cruise" fairy blessed us:) ). she is by far my favorite ship of all ..like you I enjoy cruising with my parent/parents . My friends say why don't you cruise solo, or with friends ? To me it just wouldn't be the same without them .

somone once told me " You will get sick of cruising " I smiled and said

" Only when I'm dead "

1420933391157.jpg.946b30001b038c30867346e911f7b0cf.jpg

Edited by kmarie10531

That steak is seriously making my mouth water! :D And the chocolate sampler is my favourite steakhouse dessert. I hope you do try it on the Breeze. :)

Heather

My friends have a reservation for the first night at the steakhouse for our cruise on the Breeze. I may join them and if I do I am going to try the chocolate sampler this time. It looks very good.

And that steak was sooooo good

[ATTACH]

I had to share my picture of the Dream .o We did the same itinerary may 2013 and then again in January 2014 ( " free cruise" fairy blessed us:) ). she is by far my favorite ship of all ..like you I enjoy cruising with my parent/parents . My friends say why don't you cruise solo, or with friends ? To me it just wouldn't be the same without them .

somone once told me " You will get sick of cruising " I smiled and said

" Only when I'm dead "

Yeah I just have more fun when I cruise with my dad. My next cruise in March is on the Breeze and I am going with friends for the first time. It'll be interesting to see how it is. I had the chance to go with friends so I had to jump at the opportunity. I know I'll have a good time [emoji2]

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers415_zps9cd8d6ac.jpg

And this is what I have been waiting for....I ordered the Cowboy Ribeye

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers416_zpsf6e5df93.jpg

And the baked potato with all the trimmings

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers421_zps7a30751d.jpg

This little guy was waiting for us....I am thinking that it is a Rhino....haha

When I saw the picture of the steak I thought that must be the potato just below it. And I figured they definitely got their priorities in order. But the spud was in the next picture. So what was that on the plate by the steak?

And the rhino. A WHITE rhino. If it's a Northern White Rhino I hope you kept it because they are apparently rare. Definitely collectible. Southern White Rhinos, not so much. Did it say anything? You might be able to tell northern from southern by the accent.

Edited by Ryancoke

Your balcony photos reminded me once again why we cruise less than I would like. I will wait until I have saved up for a balcony. Nothing like it at least for me.:D

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I think the people on the Carnival thread write the best photo reviews.

Brianna

I have read your reviews and love them. I also stay at Sleep Inn, either on Loyola in Kenner or on I 10 service rd in Metairie, great hotel for the price.

I hope to meet you someday, we seem to be a lot alike, we have a good time no matter where we are.

I leave on the Dream again on February 1st. Was on her 4 times last year :p

When I saw the picture of the steak I thought that must be the potato just below it. And I figured they definitely got their priorities in order. But the spud was in the next picture. So what was that on the plate by the steak?

And the rhino. A WHITE rhino. If it's a Northern White Rhino I hope you kept it because they are apparently rare. Definitely collectible. Southern White Rhinos, not so much. Did it say anything? You might be able to tell northern from southern by the accent.

That little dollup by the steak was a scoop of mashed potatoes. It's just enough to give you a taste.

Haha yep you're right that would be a northern Illinois Rhino...he is a little snow covered [emoji6][emoji12][emoji2]

Your balcony photos reminded me once again why we cruise less than I would like. I will wait until I have saved up for a balcony. Nothing like it at least for me.:D

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I think the people on the Carnival thread write the best photo reviews.

We do a lot of inside cabins as well. We take 2-3 cruises a year and probably only once in a balcony. You're not in the room very much....the only real time that we sat out on the balcony was in the morning and in the evening after we returned to the cabin to get ready for bed. During the day we are always out and about around the ship.

Thank you so much for reading my review. And you are so right there are some great photo reviews on the Carnival boards......people who cruise on Carnival know how to have a fun time

Brianna

I have read your reviews and love them. I also stay at Sleep Inn, either on Loyola in Kenner or on I 10 service rd in Metairie, great hotel for the price.

I hope to meet you someday, we seem to be a lot alike, we have a good time no matter where we are.

I leave on the Dream again on February 1st. Was on her 4 times last year :p

Yeah those hotels are great. This was our first time at the Sleep Inn in Kenner but we have stayed at the Sleep Inn in Metairie three times.

I am always up for meeting new people. I have met so many new and wonderful friends on cruises.....friends that I will have forever. I would love to meet you [emoji2] And I always have a good time on a cruise....how can you not have a good time [emoji2]

Have a great time on your cruise in a couple weeks

Did you have any problem with the AC? We have a block of cabins around cabin 8269 leaving on Feb 15 and there lots of complaints about the AC. I hope they have it fixed!

No we did not have any problems with the A/C....in fact we even slept with the balcony door open a couple nights because it got chilly in the room.

However when we were on the Dream in April....we were in cabin 6358 right by the mid-ship elevators and it was hot for the entire cruise. They couldn't get our A/C to work. They had technicians take a look at it on 3 separate occasions and they couldn't figure it out

So I would say that it may be a hit or miss. If you are worried about it then I would take a fan with you

Now the day of the cruise had arrived that I was really looking forward to.....we were in Mahogany Bay, Roatan and we were going to Little French Key. I had booked this weeks in advance for many of the people in our group. I made the reservation for 20 people and we had 12 that ended up going on the excursion. I was so looking forward to this :)

We docked at Mahogany Bay at 7:00 am. I had told everyone who was going to meet in the atrium lobby at 7:30 am

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers422_zps01c0d632.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers423_zpsb8cb2ecb.jpg

It was a quiet morning....not too many were out and about yet

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers424_zpsd513c1ac.jpg

For everyone who has never heard of Little French Key.....look it up :p it is AWESOME. I had only heard wonderful things about Little French Key so I was really looking forward to seeing it on my own

So once we were all in the atrium we headed off the ship together. We walked out to the taxi stand and we got our shuttle pick-up to take us to Frenchys. Frenchys is the restaurant that is associated with Little French Key....this is where you pay and where you get the shuttle boat to take you over to the island. We did the $88.00 package which included 2 drinks and our lunch. If you pay with a credit card they add on a 10% service fee so everyone in our group paid cash.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers428_zps6530d508.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers429_zpsf85348d3.jpg

Don't jump Dana

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers430_zps64fb0f5e.jpg

The restaurant at Frenchys

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers431_zps7fd8b308.jpg

This was where we paid and got our wristband

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers432_zps9db879fe.jpg

That is Little French Key over there