Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers433_zps18808e65.jpg

Here comes our boat to take us over to the island

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers434_zpscfb9c319.jpg

Sam looks like he was already starting to lean.....that was a sign of things to come :p

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers435_zps5cc690ae.jpg

Brad and Debbie from Texas

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers436_zpsb1362b60.jpg

Jerry and Amanda from Louisiana

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers437_zpse7d6ea6f.jpg

Sam was already starting to dance.....that was also a true sign of things to come

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers438_zps8f55d895.jpg

Here is most of our group....we never did get a group picture

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers440_zps4352c08d.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers441_zps6625591d.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers442_zpsc28fe424.jpg

This was such a beautiful area.....we didn't have the best weather today. It rains quite often in Roatan because it is such a tropical climate

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers443_zps09247a08.jpg

There's my next home and when I buy it.....you can all come to visit :)

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers444_zpsa8f767ba.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers446_zps559f9bb0.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers447_zps62bec1d0.jpg

How beautiful is that

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers448_zpsf66a7c35.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers449_zpsdb103381.jpg

Me and Tanya. Tanya is from Louisiana

At the last minute (while I was getting ready to leave the cabin in the morning) my dad decided to stay on the ship on this day. He was worried that there was going to be to much walking for him and he was tired so he enjoyed a relaxing day on the ship. I missed not having him there to enjoy Little French Key with me but I know he enjoyed the balcony this day. He said he enjoyed spending the day on the balcony and people watching

So let me tell you a little bit about Little French Key. Little French Key is a Private Island with a beautiful ambience but what separates Little French Key from everywhere else is that LFK is also home to a private zoo with a collection of exotic animals that are all rescued animals. Animals onsite are parrots, macaws, monkeys, Lion (that's right I said a Lion), and a Jaguar (that you can swim with), plus many other exotic animals

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers452_zpsd9ff9f93.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers453_zps82fade66.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers454_zps371b39c6.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers455_zps125d16f7.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers457_zps46070d39.jpg

Shhhhhh.....the lion is sleeping

Loving this review! Especially since my husband and I are Baton Rouge natives, glad you enjoyed our city! Want to know something? We've never been to an LSU game which is crazy considering that we live here. LoL. So we're making that our goal this year, we're cruising the Dream 12/13/2015 and bringing another married couple with us also from Baton Rouge on there first ever cruise. When will you all be back?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Loving this review! Especially since my husband and I are Baton Rouge natives, glad you enjoyed our city! Want to know something? We've never been to an LSU game which is crazy considering that we live here. LoL. So we're making that our goal this year, we're cruising the Dream 12/13/2015 and bringing another married couple with us also from Baton Rouge on there first ever cruise. When will you all be back?

I will actually be back in Baton Rouge area in 29 days. I am coming for Mardi Gras. My friends that were on this cruise live in Addis so I am going to spend 5 days with them and then going down to New Orleans to spend 3 days during Mardi Gras with another friend in New Orleans. I fly down on February 10th

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers465_zps1ff450f5.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers466_zpsa7ee992b.jpg

We were one of the first groups to arrive...which was very nice so we spent a while just walking around and enjoying everything before we headed off to find a spot to put our stuff for the day

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers467_zps721ce9cb.jpg

This donkey was so funny....he would literally roll over and play dead :p. His name was Earl

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers468_zps14d2d021.jpg

So beautiful

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers469_zps337a8198.jpg

Dana even found a chair for Sam. These little face cut-outs of Sam were a funny joke among our group. Glo made about 50 of them (she works in a factory that makes signs) and then we would put them all over the ship and take photos with them. If you are going on the Dream within the next couple weeks take a look around thee may still be some floating around onboard

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers471_zpsf341625f.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers472_zpse0b7586d.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe001_zps108e95ef.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe002_zps17fcf963.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe003_zps1cb7c3a4.jpg

There's our chairs in front. I got in the water right away....it was cool at first but I got used to it quick. If you go here though be sure to take water shoes....I had forgot mine in the room and the first 10-15 feet away from the shore was rocky. It would have been nice to have those with me. I will remember them for next time

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe004_zpsfe184e58.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe005_zpse592465d.jpg

OK....so you see that side over there with the blue umbrellas. That was the Carnival excursion side. Carnival offers an excursion to Little French Key as well but you don't get to enjoy the amenities at Little French Key like we did and you don't get to see the zoo. Book directly with LFK

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe006_zps52fb7b88.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe007_zps1ac2b2e4.jpg

I enjoyed a drink here later in the day

Has the group decided when they're cruising again?

Yes our group is cruising again on the Carnival Elation on December 7, 2015. Many of us have already booked. I have a roll call started here on the CC forums.

If could take off more than a week we would've definitely joined yall. LoL. We sailed her in November for honeymoon, it was nice sailing a smaller ship again my cruise was aboard the Holiday in 2004 and I sailed the Magic in 2012. Next year we're hoping to sail Conquest or Breeze but I'm really pushing for the Breeze 😊

If could take off more than a week we would've definitely joined yall. LoL. We sailed her in November for honeymoon, it was nice sailing a smaller ship again my cruise was aboard the Holiday in 2004 and I sailed the Magic in 2012. Next year we're hoping to sail Conquest or Breeze but I'm really pushing for the Breeze

Well my KREWE cruises together every December so try to join us in 2016. We always cruise out of New Orleans :)

Who is ready for some more pictures......

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe008_zpscd6ff94a.jpg

Ok so as I was swimming around I noticed this ugly thing in the water. Brad (one of the guys in our group) picked it up....ewwww. He said it is a Sea Cucumber....I had another name for it :eek: :p. All I know is that it was gross

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe009_zps6283a937.jpg

Ewwwwww

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe011_zpsd8942555.jpg

Now if I ever stood up in a little dinky boat like this one we would be capsized.....haha

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe012_zpsc80e6853.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe019_zpsfe6727bf.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe020_zps0eacd060.jpg

Linda and Sam....yep this was the spot to be for the day

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe022_zpsebb04a8f.jpg

Sam even saved a swing for me. As I was pulling myself up on to the swing I noticed this little guy....a cute little sea urchin. I made sure to keep my feet away from him

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe023_zps98484415.jpg

This was the spot to be. It was the swim-up bar with 3 swings....it was wonderful.

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe024_zps82ebc6e3.jpg

My first drink of the day. Anyone who has been to Little French Key will know what this drink is....it is the Monkey La La. It had coconut rum, Kahlua, Baileys, and sweetened milk blended with chocolate syrup on top. It was DELICIOUS.....I definitely had a few of these throughout the day

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe025_zps9fcbfba2.jpg

When I go to see my friends next month in New Orleans next month we are going to try and make these

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe026_zps802f4563.jpg

Yep that is Dana dancing on the bar

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe029_zps5d27d98b.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe030_zps19c50678.jpg

Some people enjoying the snorkeling

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe032_zps9fd64349.jpg

That lady in the pink owns Little French Key. It is her and her husband. They come around to every guest and personally thank them for coming. Tell me where else you would find that. These people were so friendly....they truly appreciated your visit to their own little piece of paradise

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe033_zpscd5ccc0a.jpg

Before we left on the cruise I was told to do some snorkeling around the swim-up bar area because you will see fish and other stuff. I took a break from drinking my monkey la la and ventured off to see what I could find.

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe034_zps83acfd33.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe036_zps96a49f0e.jpg

Anyone know what this is??? It was definitely alive because it was moving :eek:

When I go to see my friends next month in New Orleans next month we are going to try and make these

Hi Brianna,

Just so you know, you need Coco Lopez coconut cream to make these as well. We spent a week in Roatan last year and the bartender let us know. We remade them at home with great success!!

Back up on the surface it was time for some more monkey la la's.....

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe037_zpsad570487.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe039_zpsb0dd8231.jpg

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe041_zpscccd87d7.jpg

This was Foster....he was our bartender for the day. He had only been working with Little French Key for about 2 months. Dana and Linda both own bars back home so they were giving Foster drink and shot ideas to try. He would make them and then give us the sample....I was more than willing to be the official taste tester.

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe042_zpsf86f8033.jpg

Sam had now joined his wife on the bar :p

Hi Brianna,

Just so you know, you need Coco Lopez coconut cream to make these as well. We spent a week in Roatan last year and the bartender let us know. We remade them at home with great success!!

That is good to know...Thank You

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe043_zps2ceb5a40.jpg

The skies opened up and it was now pouring. We were wet anyway ;)

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe044_zps0b4d1b55.jpg

This is another one of the jumping platform. Dana and Linda jumped off of this one later on in the day

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe046_zps5a02f604.jpg

Me and Tanya enjoying the Caribbean rain

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe048_zpsf31a2804.jpg

Lunch was served. I am not usually one to try foods that I don't know what they are buy this was delicious....it was chicken and lobster with rice and yucca chips

LittleFrenchKeyinRoatanwiththeKrewe049_zpsba183c52.jpg