Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

Girl, I love your reviews so much! I feel like I know you and your precious dad. :) We're going on the Dream in April '16, so I'm loving this. We'll be on the Triumph this April, which seems soooo far away! Your reviews keep me entertained as I wait. I'm so excited to see you're cruising in March, that means another review soon! You and your Krewe look like SO MUCH FUN! :)

ETA: I'm going with platypus on your mystery animal. LOL

Awww thank you so much. My dad is pretty precious :p :) or at least he thinks he is...haha. You will love the Dream and your cruise will be here before you know it.

And yes my group definitely knows how to have a good time. They are a fun group of people to be with

Thank you for such a detailed review, extremely helpful for my planning my next cruise booked on Valor in March. I do have a question about San Juan. Do you know if there is public transportation to beaches from port. Also, don't walk much but would like to pick up some water/soda and read about CVS/Walgreens. Are they close to ship? Thanks!

Thank You. The Carnival Valor was my first Carnival ship....I guess you could say that the Valor started my love affair with Carnival. You will love the atrium on the Valor....I know I did.

I know there is a free trolley in San Juan but I don't know if it goes to the beaches. Yeah there is a CVS right across the street from he entrance to the port in San Juan

Day # 3 of the cruise was a port of call stop in Belize. Now Belize isn't my favorite place to stop but it has definitely improved over the years....and it will continue to improve. Now our plans for today were to go to the Wet Lizard with the KREWE

We all went to breakfast in the dining room together that morning.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers384_zps110ab0e3.jpg

I took our 2 bottles of champagne that were the gift from John Heald and everyone had a mimosa. That was a great way to start the day

We got off the ship around 10:30 am and we had no problem getting on a tender. We didn't have to wait at all

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers386_zps8d3d578b.jpg

We got to Wet Lizard early before it got too busy. I reserved a few tables for everyone in my group.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers387_zpsb7e47ed4.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers389_zps2400ed91.jpg

The drinks menu at The Wet Lizard. Be sure to try the Panty Rippa and the Caribbean Cruise.....they were so good

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers390_zps69258794.jpg

And of course I had to have the Belikin Beer. This is the beer that is bottled in Belize

Now do ya notice our shirts that we wore in Belize. About 5 months before the cruise someone had the bright idea to buy and wear bikini shirts during our port of call stop in Belize. Just about everyone had them on....even the guys which made it even funnier :p :D :p :D We definitely had fun with it

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers395_zps74eb18eb.jpg

I love that sign on the right....

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers397_zps0d80ba31.jpg

Debbie was celebrating her birthday today too

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014171_zps21bc8e54.jpg

This was the panty rippa. The cups at Wet Lizard are perfect because the are color changing so as your cup empties it changes from green to yellow.....so then the drunker you get you can tell when ya need a refill :D

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014172_zpsb0a4fe05.jpg

Notice all the old shirts hanging from the ceiling....we added one up there. I'll show ya what we put up there in just a minute

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014174_zpsca2733ad.jpg

This is our shirt that we hung up there. Sam sent me this shirt a couple weeks before the cruise....I had no idea no idea who sent it. The front of the shirt has a chicken and it says "CLUCK OFF." I brought the shirt with me and everyone in the KREWE signed it and we left it there to hand from the ceiling in the bar. So the next time you're there look for our shirt

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014175_zpsa719899d.jpg

Here is Dana leaving her message on the shirt

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014178_zps587c3566.jpg

Dana and I were comparing the size of our hands. My hands are tiny and she said her hands are like man hands....haha

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014179_zps4ed89d6f.jpg

There's the final product of our shirt

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014181_zps8148586e.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014180_zps21d38774.jpg

Dana was giving everyone a fashion show with her bikini shirt

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014182_zpsb5989933.jpg

The Wet Lizard had filled up today. There were 4 ships in port that day....I had never seen it that busy in Belize before

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014183_zpsd0ab2170.jpg

My dad and I ordered the coconut shrimp...it was delicious

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014185_zps78c905ac.jpg

Another fun thing that they do at Wet Lizard is they will give you a marker to write wrote names on the tables, chairs, posts.....basically anywhere you can find an open spot. So the KREWE of NOLA KRUISERS left their mark on the Wet Lizard

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014186_zps3900fa51.jpg

This lady kept telling everyone walking by "no free pictures." Oops she didn't see me....lol

We left the Wet Lizard to head back to the ship about 2:00 pm because I was starting to feel a little drunk....too many panty rippa's...lol. So we decided to head back a little early so that we didn't have to wait in line for a tender back to the ship

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014187_zps772cfda9.jpg

I scoped out a perfect spot to sit on the tender. I wanted to sit in the back on the right side so that I could get some good pictures of the ship as we got closer

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014188_zpsf7622215.jpg

This bar is called the Tender Bar....how original :p

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014189_zps583c2061.jpg

Those ships seem like a long ways out there

I really do enjoy reading all about your vacations... Makes me wanna leave today... Hope I am able to share some of my trip with yall when I get back... :)

Thank You so much. Yes please do a review when you return I would love to see it

I am currently sitting at work working on my review. I am looking out the window and now we have a blizzard. It is -5 below here today with a 30 mph wind. What in the HE----double hockey sticks am I doing here.

I just booked my flights for my cruise in March on the Carnival Breeze :)

My husband and I are going on the Dream in March. Our best friends have the room next door. I find myself waking up every morning, logging on and seeing if you've added more! This is amazing! I know one thing for sure....I will NEVER write a review because I couldn't hold a candle to you! Thank you so much for all your time and energy. Keep it coming and know how grateful so many of us are for your dedication. You are amazing.

Hi Brianna! I just got caught up and am really, really enjoying your review. It's not quite as cold here as it is at your place, but it's pretty darn cold for VA (low of 6 last night without the windchill), so what better way to take a break (and hopefully warm up) than to get on CC and get caught up on your review. It looks like you all had a great time and a lot of fun in Belize and next time we get back there, I'll be sure to stop in The Wet Lizard to look for your shirt and to try a Panty Rippa. Oh, do you know what's in those? I love the rum based drinks. I'm so glad that you'll be going on Breeze in March. Which itinerary will you be doing? I'm already looking forward to the review you'll be doing. :)

Hi Brianna -

Always love your reviews. Excellent work! :)

And of course I had to have the Belikin Beer. This is the beer that is bottled in Belize

Do you like Bloody Marys? If so, you need to try the Belizian version. Made with Belikin beer, called a Michelada. I always try to make it here at home with Killian (similar to Belikin) and its just not the same. Fill glass with ice and pour in beer. Add fresh lime juice. Splash in a dash of Worcestshire sauce and Tobasco to taste. Sprinkle top of drink with celery salt, or rim the glass with it. So good!

I am looking out the window and now we have a blizzard. It is -5 below here today with a 30 mph wind. What in the HE----double hockey sticks am I doing here.

omg. I hear ya. You're in Northern IL if I remember correctly? I work across from Sears Tower (or rather Willis Tower, not.) and its blizzarding here too, although you can't really see how bad it is from the pic.

ry%3D400

I'll be in Belize in May, so will try to find your shirt. :)

Hi Brianna! I'm so happy to hear that you are going on the Breeze. She's my favourite Carnival ship so far and I can't wait to read your review. :)

We're in the deep freeze up here, too and it's getting real old. Isn't it nice to know you have a cruise coming up? :p :)

Heather

My husband and I are going on the Dream in March. Our best friends have the room next door. I find myself waking up every morning, logging on and seeing if you've added more! This is amazing! I know one thing for sure....I will NEVER write a review because I couldn't hold a candle to you! Thank you so much for all your time and energy. Keep it coming and know how grateful so many of us are for your dedication. You are amazing.

When are you going in March?? I have some friends on the March 29th cruise on the Dream. Do you guys have balconies on your cruise?? If so be sure to tell your room steward that you want the divider between the balconies opened up between the two cabins.

So happy to hear that you are enjoying my review. Thank you so much for the kind words [emoji2] but please do a review. I would love to read yours and I'm sure you would do a great job on it.

Hi Brianna! I just got caught up and am really, really enjoying your review. It's not quite as cold here as it is at your place, but it's pretty darn cold for VA (low of 6 last night without the windchill), so what better way to take a break (and hopefully warm up) than to get on CC and get caught up on your review. It looks like you all had a great time and a lot of fun in Belize and next time we get back there, I'll be sure to stop in The Wet Lizard to look for your shirt and to try a Panty Rippa. Oh, do you know what's in those? I love the rum based drinks. I'm so glad that you'll be going on Breeze in March. Which itinerary will you be doing? I'm already looking forward to the review you'll be doing. :)

OMG.....it is just brutal here. I am sitting in a doctors office right now waiting on my dad to get done. We have a 30 minute drive home so I am dreading this drive. It's white out conditions in the country. Today it's sub zero cold, 40 mph winds, and snow.

Check out the pic of the menu from the Wet Lizard. That'll have the ingredients on it. I can't remember what was in it but I know they were delicious.

I wasn't planning on doing a cruise as soon as March (especially since I'm going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras) but I could t pass up the opportunity. It'll be weird going with friends and without my dad so I'll have to make it up to him with another cruise....hehe [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2] We are doing the 6-day itinerary to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Hi Brianna -

Always love your reviews. Excellent work! :)

Do you like Bloody Marys? If so, you need to try the Belizian version. Made with Belikin beer, called a Michelada. I always try to make it here at home with Killian (similar to Belikin) and its just not the same. Fill glass with ice and pour in beer. Add fresh lime juice. Splash in a dash of Worcestshire sauce and Tobasco to taste. Sprinkle top of drink with celery salt, or rim the glass with it. So good!

omg. I hear ya. You're in Northern IL if I remember correctly? I work across from Sears Tower (or rather Willis Tower, not.) and its blizzarding here too, although you can't really see how bad it is from the pic.

ry%3D400

I'll be in Belize in May, so will try to find your shirt. :)

Thank You so much for reading my review. I am not a big fan of Bloody Mary's....never been a fan of anything with tomatoes but that does sound like a good drink.

Yes I am from a small town out by Rockford and it just brutal out here today. It's nasty driving....be careful tonight if you have to drive anywhere

Hi Brianna! I'm so happy to hear that you are going on the Breeze. She's my favourite Carnival ship so far and I can't wait to read your review. :)

We're in the deep freeze up here, too and it's getting real old. Isn't it nice to know you have a cruise coming up? :p :)

Heather

Yep after suffering through this bitter cold all week I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to join my friends on the cruise. I have never been on the Breeze so I am very excited to see it. And so ready for a Guys Burger and a chicken taco at Blue Iguana Cantina.