Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

Thank You so much. Your first ship always holds a special place in your heart. For me that is the Carnival Valor. People always ask me what is your favorite ship....first I say all of them but yeah the Valor would probably be my favorite.

Your welcome thank YOU for posting informative and interesting reviews to read and look at fantastic pictures

I see you've been on Conquest AND Sunshine out of the two ships which did you prefer?

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014269_zpscf68a50e.jpg

Me with Glo....I caught the bouquet so you know what that means :p

Guess you better call the guy that gave you his number at the bar! hahaha :p

I love your New Orleans pictures. I love, love, LOVE New Orleans. I've spent lots of time there over the last few years, thanks to a friend living down there. Hand grenades and monsoons. OMG I have stories after drinking those. :eek: I did the cemetery tour too. Did you go to the one with Nicholas Cage's future burial spot? It's pretty wacky. I really want to take a cruise from NOLA one of these days. I'm so glad your dad got better so quickly. Hurry back with more!

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014108_zpsbe558145.jpg

We were starting to pull away from the dock. I had a friend on the Norwegian Dawn this week so I told her to get pics of the Dream as we pull out of New Orleans and I will get pics for you of the Dawn

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014110_zps538d5268.jpg

Beautiful sunset over New Orleans

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014111_zps48a60e19.jpg

I love this picture

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014115_zps36749b9f.jpg

I love the New Orleans skyline

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014117_zps7918a7c8.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014119_zps6500a291.jpg

Some great pictures of the cityline.

Thank you so much for your reviews! You are so generous with your time and talents to share these adventures with us. My family sails on the Dream this year for Christmas. Your review is incredibly helpful and fun! Thanks again and so glad your Dad is doing well after the NOLA health scare.

Your welcome thank YOU for posting informative and interesting reviews to read and look at fantastic pictures

I see you've been on Conquest AND Sunshine out of the two ships which did you prefer?

Thanks Again. I have never been on the Conquest but I love the Conquest class ships. However I have cruised on the Sunshine and I absolutely loved it. It is worth experiencing the Serenity area on the Sunshine....it is absolutely amazing. You won't want to leave it

Guess you better call the guy that gave you his number at the bar! hahaha :p

I love your New Orleans pictures. I love, love, LOVE New Orleans. I've spent lots of time there over the last few years, thanks to a friend living down there. Hand grenades and monsoons. OMG I have stories after drinking those. :eek: I did the cemetery tour too. Did you go to the one with Nicholas Cage's future burial spot? It's pretty wacky. I really want to take a cruise from NOLA one of these days. I'm so glad your dad got better so quickly. Hurry back with more!

Haha...I have called him ;) He is a nice guy. He lives in the New Orleans area so I am going to see him again when I go to New Orleans in February.

Isn't New Orleans just wonderful. I would live there in a second....I am usually not a fan of big cities but there is just something about that city that I loved. Yep I had 2 hand grenades and a monsoon in one day....that was a tough one...haha. Yeah those drinks will definitely leave you with some morning after stories. We saw Nicholas Cage's tomb (or whatever you want to call it) ;) It is in St. Louis Cemetery #1....it is built like a pyramid.

Thanks Again for checking out my review

Another great review. Thanks for sharing as usual. I bet that was really a scare with your dad going to ED. Hope he was fine for the rest of the cruise and continues to do well. Happy cruising to ya!

Thank You so much. Yes it was definitely a scare for me and my dad. I was definitely worried that we wouldn't be going on the cruise but it was a small miracle that the steroids worked as quickly as they did. We didn't have any more problems the rest of the cruise :)

Thank you so much for your reviews! You are so generous with your time and talents to share these adventures with us. My family sails on the Dream this year for Christmas. Your review is incredibly helpful and fun! Thanks again and so glad your Dad is doing well after the NOLA health scare.

Thank You so much for reading my review....so happy to hear that you are enjoying it. You will love the Dream and what a great time to cruise with family than at Christmas time. I was disappointed a little this cruise that the Dream wasn't decorated yet for Christmas when we were onboard. It definitely didn't affect the amount of fun that we had on the cruise :D

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014121_zps053a5de7.jpg

It was definitely the coldest sail-away that we have ever had on a Caribbean cruise. But hey we didn't care we were leaving the cold behind and headed to a tropical climate

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014122_zpsd1f4bbdc.jpg

BRRRRRRRRRR

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014124_zps748b83b6.jpg

I love this pic of the Steamboat Natchez

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014125_zpsead01af0.jpg

River Captain coming to meet up with us

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014126_zps2b447fcd.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014127_zps6c24654e.jpg

Thank you for the review. Your first photo does not surprise me, I read that it can get very cold in New Orleans which blew me away when I first heard it. Here's proof. I think the viking cap was nicer.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers208_zpsfbf8dae3.jpg

There's our newlyweds. My dad and I gave them those shirts for a wedding gift. I had them made with their proposal photo from BC7. Smokey proposed onstage with John Heald's help during last year's Bloggers cruise

I was on BC7 and remember the proposal. I completely forgot about it until reading your review. So cool that you were their flower girl. :) Thanks for jogging that fun memory for me!

[QUlOTE=wrigley80;45117147]CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers184_zps43a49192.jpg

Pam and Danielle. Pam and I are great friends. She is an original Krewe member

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers185_zpse1af58a1.jpg

Our flower girl baskets....aren't they cute

Carnival did a beautiful job on the wedding and reception. The reception was a 2-hour open bar in Sam's Piano Bar. Now I am not one for big church weddings. If the time comes for me to get married I will definitely think about doing it on a Carnival ship. Everything was beautiful

Wrigley...holy crap, I know Danielle!!! Our daughters play softball together and she literally lives across the street from us! That's awesome! I've never met Mrs. Pam, her mom, but her sister in law and I are good friends as our daughters also play softball together and are in the same class! Small world!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the review. Your first photo does not surprise me, I read that it can get very cold in New Orleans which blew me away when I first heard it. Here's proof. I think the viking cap was nicer.

Yeah that was the only day during our 3 pre-cruise days in New Orleans that we had to wear a sweatshirt. You are the first person to vote for the Viking Hat....that's one that I have already put away for my trip to New Orleans next month for Mardi Gras

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers208_zpsfbf8dae3.jpg

There's our newlyweds. My dad and I gave them those shirts for a wedding gift. I had them made with their proposal photo from BC7. Smokey proposed onstage with John Heald's help during last year's Bloggers cruise

I was on BC7 and remember the proposal. I completely forgot about it until reading your review. So cool that you were their flower girl. :) Thanks for jogging that fun memory for me!

Oh that's awesome. We were all totally surprised when they got home from BC7 and announced that they were engaged. I know she was really surprised. I never thought that I would be a flower girl in the 30's [emoji12] but it was definitely a fun experience and I was honored to share in their special day.

:D

I just want to say thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. Did you have a valor review from 2005? I love your reviews!!

Keep it coming!

No I don't have a review from that cruise. I wasn't even on cruise critic yet. I sure wish I was though....it definitely would have made the planning a lot easier. When you are planning for your first, second, third cruise there is so much to take in and plan for.

Even after 17 cruises.......I am still learning new things.

Those hot tubs look like a great place for sail away! Loving the review.

Those hot tubs were always popular. I never got in the hot tubs on this cruise but I did the pool and it was very relaxing.

Thank you for checking out my review [emoji2]