Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

It was now about 12:30 pm so we decided to head into the dining room to use our lunch tickets.

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014045_zps5262b1e2.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers123_zpse1fb300e.jpg

Lunch was fish, red beans/rice, cole slaw, and bread pudding. It was a good lunch considering that it was only about $3.00 pp

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers124_zps36f264a4.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014047_zpsdbfacbc9.jpg

After lunch we walked to the back of the boat to watch the paddlewheel. It was really neat to watch this

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014049_zpsde746e8c.jpg

We don't cruise until May 24,2015 but I am beyond excited :) I am a huge planner so looking at all of your past reviews are wonderful !

That is part of the fun...is the planning. I am a huge planner as well....my dad on the other hand I just tell him when were going and that is good enough for him :rolleyes: :p

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014093_zpsae9f8b7d.jpg

One last look at the dining room before we disembark

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014094_zps991295d9.jpg

I would recommend this anyone. It was a lot of fun and definitely a great way to see the city skyline as well as the sights and sounds along the Mississippi River

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014095_zps7b75e544.jpg

A New Orleans street performer

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014061_zps9e70a047.jpg

I would hate to have to abandon ship and get into that lifeboat. I bet it's a crazy ride down into the water

Exactly my thought!:eek: Oldest son did it in lifeboat drills when he was on a merchant ship, and it is pretty crazy! They showed a launch in the movie "Captain Phillips" and it made me dizzy. BTW, if you'd like some information about Cape Kennedy and Cape Knox, here's a press release that tells a little about them: https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/docs/mar1296.htm.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos of the Natchez. When we sailed out of NOLA in 2005 we planned to spend two days pre-cruise and booked a sailing. Unfortunately, when we arrived in Chicago to change planes we learned our flight was canceled and we couldn't get another flight until 3 pm the following day. No cruise on the Natchez for us - we didn't arrive in NOLA until 6:30 the night before we sailed, so about all we got was a walk over to Bourbon Street and dinner.:( (On the plus side, being from Chicago you'll appreciate that we made the best of our extended stay there and went to the Navy Pier and took one of the architecture cruises. Not a bad substitute!)

I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.

Our first selfie. I bought a new camera for this cruise and I spent the whole flight to New Orleans playing with the settings and stuff so the first couple pics may be a little blurry.

Remember what I said about seat fees. We paid to sit in row 10 but prior to boarding a Spirit noticed a patch on my carry-on and asked if I would like to sit in First Class. Ummmm yes that was a no-brainer. My dad and I sat in the first row. It was wonderful.

Nice upgrade! What kind of camera did you buy?

I kept checking everyday since you got back so I wouldn't miss your review! Missed checking the last 2 days have had grandkids over. Thank you for taking the time I always enjoy your reviews!

Oh yes I definitely love Louisiana. I always said that I would love to move to Florida but there is just something about Louisiana....I love it down here. And I know when I watch LSU at home on TV on Saturday nights. The atmosphere in that stadium is just electric with excitement and passion from the fans. I am definitely coming down next fall to see a game.

No we never did get a chance to see the State Capitol building. But I fly back down 6 weeks from today so that'll give us something to check out.

Seeing Mardi Gras in New Orleans has always been on the bucket list and there's no time like the present to go and see what you want. I know I am in for a fun time. I can't wait :D :D :D

A fun time you will definitely have at Mardi Gras. :D That was always my favorite time of year there. I am enjoying your review so far. The pictures you have from New Orleans remind of the things I loved about living there.

Exactly my thought!:eek: Oldest son did it in lifeboat drills when he was on a merchant ship, and it is pretty crazy! They showed a launch in the movie "Captain Phillips" and it made me dizzy. BTW, if you'd like some information about Cape Kennedy and Cape Knox, here's a press release that tells a little about them: https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/docs/mar1296.htm.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos of the Natchez. When we sailed out of NOLA in 2005 we planned to spend two days pre-cruise and booked a sailing. Unfortunately, when we arrived in Chicago to change planes we learned our flight was canceled and we couldn't get another flight until 3 pm the following day. No cruise on the Natchez for us - we didn't arrive in NOLA until 6:30 the night before we sailed, so about all we got was a walk over to Bourbon Street and dinner.:( (On the plus side, being from Chicago you'll appreciate that we made the best of our extended stay there and went to the Navy Pier and took one of the architecture cruises. Not a bad substitute!)

I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.

Yeah Navy Pier is definitely a great place to spend the day (it is actually the number #1 tourist attraction in the state of Illinois). Maybe next time you come to New Orleans you can check out the Natchez.

Btw thank you for posting the link that article about the Cape Kennedy and Cape Knox....that was a good read

Can't wait for your review! We are huge cubs and notre dame fans too! We are. Taking our daughter, Addison (after the street ;-)) on the dream in March!

Did you watch the Notre Dame game yesterday vs. LSU....I had a little wager with all my Louisiana friends. Now when I go down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras they all have to buy me a drink :p

Hopefully the Cubs will be a better team this year....I sure hope so. They haven't even been fun to watch the last couple years.

Btw my dog's name is Wrigley....hence the reason for the Wrigley80 screen name

Nice upgrade! What kind of camera did you buy?

I kept checking everyday since you got back so I wouldn't miss your review! Missed checking the last 2 days have had grandkids over. Thank you for taking the time I always enjoy your reviews!

I bought a Nikon Point and Shoot (just a small one that I could put in my pocket). I love to carry my camera everywhere because you never know when that perfect photo will come. My old Panasonic started to get a floating black dot on the view finder and would show up in the images....I didn't want that to happen onboard.

I bought the new Nikon about 2 days before we left so it didn't give me much time to play around with the settings so the flight down to New Orleans was a perfect time to play with it

Thank You for checking out my review. So happy to hear that you enjoy it