Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

Now anyone who knows me know that I am a huge sports fan....especially a fan of college football so I was super excited to see Tiger Stadium - home of the LSU Tigers. It was HUGE.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers037_zps7ccb2b73.jpg

Tiger Stadium.....GEAUX TIGERS

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers038_zps858809e3.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers039_zpsfc0e35c3.jpg

Anybody need an LSU shirt....I think they had a few

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers041_zpsfc9a2658.jpg

Or how about a hat....WHOA. There was a hat here for every head imaginable ;)

At least you have kind words for a fellow SEC school. Lol

YUS!!!! Review time!!! Thanks so much lady!!! Dream class ship is on my dream bucket list of ships...

This will help keep me occupied at work and to help pass my days til my glory cruise. And why have you not booked that one yet huh? Lol.

Can't wait for more!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much. Yeah you may want to check out Spirit Airlines for flights to New Orleans. I was looking at flights on Spirit today to Florida and the prices are really expensive. I fly to New Orleans often to see friends and the rates are always pretty reasonable.

I hate going all the way to Midway. I recently flew to Denver for work out of Bloomington and I was very surprised at the ease to get through security and to my gate. I would definitely fly out of Bloomington again.

I hope you continue to enjoy my review

Yep!! Bloomington's security, like the quickest security ever!! My problem is that it always costs me like way more!! So my sister lives right by midway so I usually go that route for the free parking at her house! :) Glad you enjoyed our airport :)

Leading up to the cruise I was in search of some crazy, funny hats because of group.....The KREWE of NOLA KRUISERS were a fun group. We had theme nights among our group....more on that later. So in the hotel I was testing out my new hats

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers080_zpscd88ce3f.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers082_zps9ea3633d.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers083_zps9ef78207.jpg

I have a story to tell about the chicken hats....that'll be coming up later on

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers085_zps5a0f544b.jpg

I even got my dad in on the fun

So which hat is your favorite??? And have you ever worn crazy hats onboard???

Hi Brianna! I LOVE the hats but I can't say I have a favorite because I'd love them all. I have never worn a crazy hat onboard but would definitely be game if I was with the right crowd. Can't wait to hear about the chicken hats. :D

Enjoying your review, I am so happy your Dad was able to go again. Looking forward to hearing more, love the pictures too!

Thank You. I had a pretty big scare coming up with my dad here on day #3....I thought he would be heading home early before we even got on the cruise.

Yay!!! It's another wrigley80 review. Can't wait. :) Glad you enjoyed your time in my home state. There is no place like Death Valley to watch a football game on Saturday night during football season. Did you get a chance to go to the current state capitol building during your visit to Baton Rouge?

As for Mardi Gras in New Orleans, get ready for the time of your life. You will never see anything like it.

Oh yes I definitely love Louisiana. I always said that I would love to move to Florida but there is just something about Louisiana....I love it down here. And I know when I watch LSU at home on TV on Saturday nights. The atmosphere in that stadium is just electric with excitement and passion from the fans. I am definitely coming down next fall to see a game.

No we never did get a chance to see the State Capitol building. But I fly back down 6 weeks from today so that'll give us something to check out.

Seeing Mardi Gras in New Orleans has always been on the bucket list and there's no time like the present to go and see what you want. I know I am in for a fun time. I can't wait :D :D :D

Love your reviews Wrigley!! My husband and I especially loved the photo with the chicken hat. Was that guy still on the bench when you came back??

Thank You. Oh just wait until you see the other chicken hat :p ;) :) Yes he was still sitting there when we got back from the tour (almost 3 hours later) but he was awake :p and talking to some people

Another great start to what I'm sure will be a great review! I would love to cruise out of New Orleans...maybe I'll have my hubby read your review so I can try to talk him into it! Looks like such a great city.

Thank You so much. New Orleans is an amazing city....everyone needs to see it at least once. I'm telling you once you visit...you will definitely want to come back again.

Been waiting on this review! :D

I didn't want you to have to wait any longer :) ;) I hope you enjoy the review

At least you have kind words for a fellow SEC school. Lol

Oh yeah. Now you know that my team is Notre Dame but LSU is a close second. It's a little tough today with Notre Dame playing LSU in the Music City Bowl. I've got my LSU t-shirt under my Notre Dame jersey :) :p ;) GEAUX IRISH

YUS!!!! Review time!!! Thanks so much lady!!! Dream class ship is on my dream bucket list of ships...

This will help keep me occupied at work and to help pass my days til my glory cruise. And why have you not booked that one yet huh? Lol.

Can't wait for more!!!

You're Welcome. Happy to hear that I could keep you busy at work today and in the days to come. I am still thinking about the Glory in May....I love that itinerary

Yep!! Bloomington's security, like the quickest security ever!! My problem is that it always costs me like way more!! So my sister lives right by midway so I usually go that route for the free parking at her house! :) Glad you enjoyed our airport :)

Have you ever flew out of Rockford airport. It is also very convenient....there are 3 gates. We have used Rockford airport many times when flying to Florida

I am loving your review! New Orleans is one of my favorite cities also, and the Dream is a ship that I would love to sail on. Look forward to more:)

The Dream is a great ship. The layout with the dining rooms takes some getting used to. Thank You for reading my review....hopefully you will continue to enjoy it

Hi Brianna! I LOVE the hats but I can't say I have a favorite because I'd love them all. I have never worn a crazy hat onboard but would definitely be game if I was with the right crowd. Can't wait to hear about the chicken hats. :D

Oh yeah all the hats definitely fit in perfectly with our group. The crazier the better. I will get into the chicken story a little later

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014010_zpsb05adf3b.jpg

How would this shirt look for the Captain's dinner onboard??

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014011_zps7c7fe01b.jpg

There was a neat little gift shop onboard the Steamboat.

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014012_zpsdb73d5fb.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014013_zps993b4950.jpg

When I was in the gift shop....I bought a t-shirt and pin for my dad. There was also a guy buying Dramamine....I think it's safe to say he wouldn't make it on a cruise ship :rolleyes:

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014014_zpsf48a8c89.jpg

Awesome review can't wait to read more ! I live in Natchez, MS so we go to NOLA a few times a year but this will be our first cruise ever so excited to see and hear all about your DREAM experience = ) Huge Ole Miss fans so less LSU pictures next time :p

Awesome review can't wait to read more ! I live in Natchez, MS so we go to NOLA a few times a year but this will be our first cruise ever so excited to see and hear all about your DREAM experience = ) Huge Ole Miss fans so less LSU pictures next time :p

When is your cruise on the Dream?? Let me the first one to warn you that you will be hooked on cruising and this definitely won't be your last one. We have been on 17 cruises and it never gets old.....we LOVE IT.

And you can't please everyone with football....especially in the South....haha

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014028_zps6da9e712.jpg

Notice the writing at the top of the building...I thought that was pretty cool

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014029_zpsb5cb478a.jpg

Two Military Ships....Cape Kennedy and Cape Knox

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014031_zpsb04de57e.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014032_zpse4b6f8ac.jpg

These ships were HUGE

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014034_zps0a312dae.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014035_zps4fcf69a6.jpg

Notice the doors in the back....that was for driving tanks and other military vehicles