Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers006_zpsaaf081ec.jpg

Now that was a BIG plane

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers007_zps3f0fbd35.jpg

Bye Bye O'Hare Airport....see ya in 11 days

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers011_zpsac650f5e.jpg

There was no snow leaving Chicago and hopefully it would stay that way while we are gone.....I HATE SNOW

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers014_zpsf7d3b48e.jpg

I LOVE this photo.....it's like we are just floating above the clouds

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers015_zps902f8fa6.jpg

An in-flight selfie. Notice the guy behind my dad....he is really catching some zzzzz's

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers016_zps6f63e2bd.jpg

This one doesn't look like I just woke up from a nap

We made our way down to baggage claim to collect our bags and then we had to go pick up our rental car. I always prefer to get a rental car rather than relying on taxis and public transportation. Once we got our car we were on our way to Baton Rouge.

I had a few stops that I wanted to make in Baton Rouge. Our first stop was at the Old Governors Mansion. We didn't go in....I just wanted some photos

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u372/wrigley80/Carnival%20Dream%20with%20the%20KREWE/CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers023_zps38cbef95.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers024_zps9ab4e6b0.jpg

Our rental car for our 3 pre-cruise days was a Dodge Avenger. Driving different rental cars is a nice way to see if you'd ever want a car like that. I drive an SUV at home so driving a car took some getting used to

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers025_zps78f6be1a.jpg

My dad thinks he looks pretty slick in his new Oakleys. One thing that you may notice different about my dad in this review from previous reviews. My dad doesn't wear glasses anymore....he had his cataracts removed in August and now he doesn't wear glasses so he loves wearing sunglasses now

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers027_zpsaf3fbdac.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers028_zps153c6d9e.jpg

Next stop was the USS Kidd Museum.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers030_zpsdc6aa2ba.jpg

Next Stop was the Louisiana Old State Capitol building

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers031_zps5c209f40.jpg

I loved the architecture of the Capitol building

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers033_zps05cd1ca2.jpg

It was weird to see trees with the leaves still falling. All our trees at home had been bare for weeks

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers036_zps0e14681e.jpg

Yay thank you for timing this review on my Monday back to work after my week off for Christmas! Reading this is much better than doing actual work! :) We are on the Dream out of NOLA in March... I'm finally on double digits in my countdown!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh boy, another Wrigley80 cruise review. Loving it already!!! :D

Thank You. I hope you enjoy this one as well

Yay thank you for timing this review on my Monday back to work after my week off for Christmas! Reading this is much better than doing actual work! :) We are on the Dream out of NOLA in March... I'm finally on double digits in my countdown!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I couldn't agree more. I just had a client walk in....it's like I'm sorry I can't talk now I am working on my cruise review. Come back in about a month.

Hi Brianna! I was on this cruise as well with my family. I believe that I saw you and your dad a few times. I wish now that I would have introduced myself!

Oh I wish you would have introduced yourself....I love meeting new people. Let me know if you see yourself or your family in any of my pics. I'm sure you saw me around the ship a lot.....I was the one wearing a chicken on my head (more to come on that later....haha)

Now anyone who knows me know that I am a huge sports fan....especially a fan of college football so I was super excited to see Tiger Stadium - home of the LSU Tigers. It was HUGE.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers037_zps7ccb2b73.jpg

Tiger Stadium.....GEAUX TIGERS

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers038_zps858809e3.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers039_zpsfc0e35c3.jpg

Anybody need an LSU shirt....I think they had a few

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers041_zpsfc9a2658.jpg

Or how about a hat....WHOA. There was a hat here for every head imaginable ;)

Yay, I love your reviews. I have been telling the hubby I want to sail from NO soon. I would love to see the city. Time for me to subscribe and get out a fuzzy blanket and cup of hot cocoa and start reading your review!

Thank You. I had never been to New Orleans prior to last December but now I have been there 3 times since last year. Plus I am going to New Orleans for a week in February to celebrate Mardi Gras....I am sure that will be CRAZY. New Orleans is a beautiful city with so much to see and do.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers042_zps3079a45c.jpg

I had never seen so much purple and gold in one place :eek:

I bought an LSU sweatshirt and a couple t-shirts. My Louisiana friends had influenced me....I am gonna root for the Tigers. However tomorrow LSU plays my beloved Notre Dame Fighting Irish in the Music City Bowl so the Tigers are gonna have to take a back seat tomorrow. GO IRISH :)

Right next to the LSU shop is Mike the Tiger Habitat. This is a multi-million dollar habitat that was built by the university for Mike....LSU's mascot

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers043_zps01424736.jpg

Mike was sleeping....shhhhhh

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers045_zpsd97a50df.jpg

He was a beautiful animal. He was so close that I could reach out and touch him....but I better not I want to keep all my fingers

Brianna,

I am enjoying it! You do such a great job on your reviews. I know it must be very time-consuming to do them the way that you do, but it is appreciated! You're getting me excited for my "bonus" Paradise cruise in a few weeks.

(I've been checking every day since you got back to see if you started this one!)

Paul

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers047_zps069ff7ce.jpg

GEAUX TIGERS. Anyone who watches College Football would understand what it would be like to watch a game in this stadium on a Saturday night. That is definitely on my bucket list now. I am coming to a game here next Fall

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers050_zps7c37d272.jpg

This is a board by the Tiger Habitat explaining the history behind the Tigers. It was neat to read this to see how long a tiger stays on campus

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers051_zps67219d04.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers053_zps5a2cd262.jpg

The Tiger statue

So Tiger Stadium was our last stop in Baton Rouge before we headed out past the Mississippi River to my friend's house.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers056_zps300b3be2.jpg

Traffic was a little backed up getting over the bridge

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers062_zpsc96cff8c.jpg

It took us about 30 minutes to go 3 miles :eek:

We finally made it to my friend's house around 3:00 pm.

Brianna,

I am enjoying it! You do such a great job on your reviews. I know it must be very time-consuming to do them the way that you do, but it is appreciated! You're getting me excited for my "bonus" Paradise cruise in a few weeks.

(I've been checking every day since you got back to see if you started this one!)

Paul

Thank you so much. Yes the are very time consuming but I really enjoy doing them. And I appreciate it when others take the time to do one so it is only fair that I do one of my own to return the favor. I usually upload the pics at home at night and then work on my review during the day at work....it works great for me....haha

Enjoy your cruise on the Paradise. That is one ship that we haven't been on but I love Fantasy class ships so I am sure I will get onboard at some point

It was so great to catch up with our friends and to get a big hug. It had been way too long since we seen them last. We had dinner and then we headed over to the local bar. My friend owns the bar so you know what that means....FREE DRINKS :p

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers063_zpsd68b0b91.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers064_zps8879bf1b.jpg

Patti and Linda singing Karaoke. Linda (on the left) owns the bar. It was definitely a fun place to have a few drinks and enjoy being with friends again

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers066_zps63d908d8.jpg

Me and Risha

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers067_zps69832f49.jpg

I love these two ladies....Dana and Linda

The Chicago Bears were playing the Dallas Cowboys that night and of course the Bears were losing like they did all season so every time the Cowboys scored I had to take a shot. I bet you can figure out what happened next....did you guess sing Karaoke. If you did you would be right. I NEVER sing in public but I guess anything can happen when you have a little liquid courage in you. I sang my all-time favorite song "Love Shack" by the B-52's. It was so much fun but I am sorry there is no photo evidence.....haha :p :D

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers071_zpsb608e535.jpg

My dad and Linda

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers069_zps1898a03f.jpg

My dad and Patti.

This was such a fun night. It was great to see old friends again. All these people would e going on the cruise as well so you can only imagine what will be happening on the cruise :p

This is the end of Day #1 of our vacation. There is still ALOT more to come. I guess I better go do some work for now. I'll be back later to post some more pics :)