A few questions about Vision of the Seas.

MikeACY

We are leaving in a few weeks and any help would be appreciated.

1) I see we are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board per cabin. But can we also bring a 24 pack of soda?? (the web sit seems to say no)

2) Are suits required on Formal nights and how many are there??

3) What night do they serve lobster?

Thank you!

Mike

Water and soda are technically prohibited, but usually allowed.

The number of formal nights depeds on the length of your cruise. A 7 day cruise will usually have 2 formal nights.

If your cruise is 5 days or longer and based out of the US, they will serve lobster one night. On a 7 day cruise, it will usually be served on the second formal night.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it true RCI no longer provides Shampoo (not even a dispenser in the shower?)

HOW CHEAP!

I use a small fan and use an extension cord for it to sit om my bedside table to blow on my face to sleep. I read they confiscate extension cords.

True? False? :eek:

HOW CHEAP!

I use a small fan and use an extension cord for it to sit om my bedside table to blow on my face to sleep. I read they confiscate extension cords.

We had a dispenser of combo shampoo/conditioner on Explorer last month. Some have reported extension cords being taken and held until the end of the cruise.

HOW CHEAP!

We have taken the same extension cord on every cruise we have ever been on, but when we were on the Vision in December it was confiscated. I heard that fans were also taken away, but I don't know that from personal experience.

There was no shampoo dispenser in the shower, bar soap was provided. Since I prefer my own hair products, it was no big deal to me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

HOW CHEAP!

Only bar soap, but if you ask your room steward, they will give you small shampoo bottles.

We were on the Vision on the Jan 10 sailing.

First formal night was Sunday (a sea day) and second was Wednesday (Costa Maya). Very few dressed up much, especially on the second formal night. More dressed up on the first one, but it was still pretty casual. DH wore a suit coat but no tie. I put on a skirt for the first one but not the second. I wore black dress slacks for that one. They did not serve lobster on the second formal night that week, but they did so on the next night, Thursday. It was small but very good and the shrimp that came with it was even better. All of our MDR meals were excellent.

There was only bar soap, no dispensers, but we knew ahead of time and brought our own. Don't forget to bring some weighted clips to keep the shower curtain tamed. We used two tablecloth weights and it worked great.

Vision is a beautiful ship and the crew is fantastic. We had a wonderful time.

Edited by FluffsMom