Star - SG VS SE

kpms

Hi,

We are booking on the Star for 9 Days in May 2016 for Baltic Cruise. We have normally booked Haven Penthouses, I know that this ship doesn't have the Haven, but does have suite graded cabins.

Anyone who has traveled on the Star have any suggestions.

We are booked in room 12012SG - We have friends booked in 10000SE and there is only $100 overall price difference between the two.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thank You

Kristopher

Hi,

We are booking on the Star for 9 Days in May 2016 for Baltic Cruise. We have normally booked Haven Penthouses, I know that this ship doesn't have the Haven, but does have suite graded cabins.

We are booked in room 12012SG - We have friends booked in 10000SE and there is only $100 overall price difference between the two.

Thank You

Kristopher

Just two of you travelling? The SG was added back in 2010 I believe and it looks like you have a balcony. We sailed the Baltics on the Sun (aft) but have been on both the Star (12002) and Dawn 10006 with 4 of us (2 are kids). The front rooms have the nice large balcony - some will say unusable while underway due to wind but when you sit down not really a problem. The side balcony will be sheltered in the other room. It is easy enough to get between the two rooms as you have stairs close by.

I guess what are you really looking for?

We always take the forward facing suites. The deck is very large. The wind is not an issue, if your standing it can be a bit strong, but sitting is fine. We always had morning coffee out there and often ate a meal out there. The views entering ports is great. For very little money difference, I would take the forward suite.

Have been in both and for me the question would be, do I want the great bathroom (yes) and large room (yes) in the SG. The huge balcony is really nice, we enjoyed that as well in the SE.

The only (slight) disappointment with the SE is the bathroom module, which is the same one they use in the mini-suites. The SG bathroom module is huge and a fan favorite!

I also really appreciate the high ceilings in the SG.

But it is hard to go wrong with either one!

Bon voyage!

Everyone has given great input! I think we are going to stay with the SG as our friends will be in the SE (We can use their Balcony) I like the idea of the bigger bathroom and the higher ceilings

No matter what it will be a great cruise - looking forward to the Itinerary especially with the overnight in St Petersburg.

We got a great promo - Ultimate Dinning & Beverage Plus $300 OBC

Hi,

Thank You

Kristopher

WHOA - - - No Haven but there are two large Garden Villa Suites on deck 14 !

I was in 12012 recently NCL STAR sailing 10/20 Panama Canal - excellent

accommodations - unlike the forward suite 10000 with its large open balcony

this starboard facing suite has a partial glass canopy shielding the balcony from

the elements. The balcony is however smaller with less depth- 2 chairs table

and a lounge chair - tight fit.

Also note that on deck 12 there are only 4 suites - 2 on the port and 2 on the starboard

with balconies - all the rest have floor to ceiling windows - NO BALCONIES.

Have not stayed in an aft or forward facing cabin but did manage a cabin

crawl viewing the sister mirror image suite 10500.

Either suite would be fine but that Garden Villa has got to be something !

Edited by don't-use-real-name