Liquor Store in Long Beach

patz

Is there a liquor/wine store close to Long Beach pier? Can you walk to it or take a cab?

Thanks

There is a "hop on...hop off" shuttle on almost every corner that takes you into town. We stayed at the Queen Mary and there is a CLEARLY marked sign, where you stand. It is FREE. Town is only a five minute ride. We could not find a liquor store...lol. Finally asked someone and all Rite Aide, CVS, Walgreens and Walmart sell wine. (and they are all over the place)

Bring a canvas bag, as they do NOT supply bags in Long Beach. :)

All supermarkets and pharmacies here sell wine and liquor. You don't need a special store for that.

Just put Long Beach,ca. into Google and use the search nearby function to see supermarkets/pharmacies in the city. If you are staying at a hotel then put that into Google and use the search function from there.

There's a supermarket not far from the terminal. Take a cab, they'll wait for you. I want to say it's "Ralph's" but I can't remember - maybe google it, but they do have a nice selection of wines there and probably less expensive than drug stores. WalMart is hit and miss and they carry the lower end of good wines.

There is a "hop on...hop off" shuttle on almost every corner that takes you into town. We stayed at the Queen Mary and there is a CLEARLY marked sign, where you stand. It is FREE. Town is only a five minute ride. We could not find a liquor store...lol. Finally asked someone and all Rite Aide, CVS, Walgreens and Walmart sell wine. (and they are all over the place)

Bring a canvas bag, as they do NOT supply bags in Long Beach. :)

The walmart did not sell wine. Super market accross the street did.

Is there a liquor/wine store close to Long Beach pier? Can you walk to it or take a cab?

Thanks

Long beach has more than one pier. There is the port, where Carnival sails from. It isn't really a pier, but rather a dock, and there is the Belmont Pier near the swimming pool, which is not close to the port.

Edited by YubaSutter

Be sure and ask which bus goes back to your hotel. we made the mistake and rode and rode and thought we would not get off anytime soon. 1.5 hour ride. One goes one way and the other one goes the other way. Rite Aid has liquor and beer and wine. It is a long walk back to the stop for the bus from there. we did see the walmart on the other street. Just ask when you get on if they go by Walmart and then ask which bus takes you back to the hotel. Free , but at their schedule. lol...

We seen unbelievable prices on liquor. Too bad we could not take it back on the ship. lol.

Walmarts and Targets have recently (over the past few years) have started to carry wine (and maybe alcohol). I remember coming back from our cruise in early January 2013 and seeing someone near me post that our local Walmart now carries booze -- I was in that same store around Thanksgiving and there wasn't any (and I had been in that same aisle). I would guess that you can go on their website and see (assuming they update their site).

Grocery stores (Ralphs, Vons, Albertsons, etc) do carry booze (not sure if the non chains do) as well as the drug stores CVS, Rite Aid, etc. I haven't noticed any at our local Walgreens, so I don't know if this is chain-wide or not. But then I rarely ever buy alcohol. If you see a Total Wine or Bev Mo on a map, they specialize in wine, beer, and spirits.