Hotels in Tampa

dutch59

I like the Rocky Point area by the airport. Both Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express are decent and have complimentary shuttle service to the Port.

There are others close to the port downtown though.

Edited by ryano

I like the Rocky Point area by the airport. Both Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express are decent and have complimentary shuttle service to the Port.

There are others close to the port downtown though.

We stayed there too, and were pleased. Pretty good restaurant next store too!

Embassy suites downtown! Great hotel! Free HOT breakfast! tolley line right next door to take to yabor city for only $5 where there are lots of good restaurants! And a quick $10 taxi, 2 minute drive to port, technically you can walk to the port if you want! Also has nice view of the port

We will be cruising from the Port of Tampa in March, so I am looking for some hotels that offer transportation from the Hotel to the Port. (either complimentary or for a slight charge

Hi,

seems that you have some suggestions and maybe you already made your choice .

We sailed on Vision about a month ago and I also was looking for a hotel with a shuttle . We booked and stayed at the LQ airport. Nothing fancy, just a budget motel ...... and there was nothing wrong with our choice. They provided free shuttle from the airport, there was shuttle available to the port at 10 dol p/p ( we used taxi at 25 per taxi). They provided clean, quiet room with very comfy beds ( sorry to say /write this) a lot softer than Vision.

There was IHOP next door, bunch of restaurants walking distance and the International Mall to visit and kill some time, across the street.

The price was right and I would stay there again ( if the price is right).

So another option for you.

Do not consider the shuttles as a big factor, you will pay for them one way or another .... the taxi might be more convienient and even less than shuttle if there are 2 people or more.